The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 19th, 2023

cat shepard

Good morning! Currently 47 degrees and today’s high will be an expected 67 degrees I have had the honor of serving with many women veterans and married to one of the best.

So it’s one more day of auto racing. We will enjoy some chicken wings, jalapeño poppers, guacamole and Chinese egg rolls to munch on.

Time to prepare for church. Have a great day. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d56079b0687a4e201f683d474c0d0072.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9dd771943555ec871d7e0db28353948a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.827f5b1d458ca05ca864fa9902395af0.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 14
  • Haha 19

Good morning from a slightly warmer, 44F, but cloudy central Texas. It is supposed to be 63F today and 81F tomorrow and Tuesday.  🤞

As usual, you had me at chocolate, and chocolate mint is great.  Iwo Jima was a turning point in the war in the Pacific in WWII.  I'll salute all the women veterans.

Today's quote is interesting.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I like St. Michelle Riesling, but have not had the Eroica Riesling.  

Zanzibar has been the port of the day twice.  Sadly, we have not been there.  It was on a booked cruise in 2004, but we canceled the cruise when two of the main ports were canceled and a couple of not so good ports substituted.  Hopefully, we will get there one day.  Here are the links to Rich's @richwmn posts for Sunday, July 1, 2021, and Saturday, June 11, 2022.  I look forward to seeing pictures of the port.

@ottahand7  Nancy, that's sad about your neighbor's house.  I hope your house is all right.

@AncientWanderer  Enjoy your day of R&R.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the insurance claim goes smoothly.  The one time I had to file a claim, it went smoothly since I had everything documented extensively.

@grapau27  Graham, our condolences to Sarah on the death of her friend, and our thoughts are with her, you and Pauline, and the friend's family.

Our thoughts are also with Jimmy Carter and his family.  As others have said, no matter your politics, President Carter was a good example of a gentleman and someone who thought of and did for others.

In honor of Iwo Jima Day, here are some of pictures from our sail around Iwo Jima.  We were not allowed to land since another cruise ship was there that day, and only one is allowed to dock each day.  These pictures were taken in 2005 on Pacific Princess cruise of the Islands of the Pacific Theater in WWII.  There were several WWII veterans on board including an retired Admiral, and there was a wreath ceremony.  BTW, everything in the wreath was biodegradable.

Mount Suribachi

IMG_5039.thumb.JPG.13001dc03a0d23c1e40a817bb6ff46c7.JPG

The Japanese installation

IMG_5036.thumb.JPG.f497f8e89c54016b39916ffa346eafe5.JPG

The wreath ceremony

IMG_5044.thumb.JPG.b802ec40965d5a9d9458862b358e7d21.JPG

The Admiral, who was a dive bomber pilot in WWII, followed by other veterans

IMG_5059.thumb.JPG.d410202968cb5f8de8a724da91d2b610.JPG

IMG_5060.thumb.JPG.ff683cb87159b328b0cf43b36652d1ea.JPG

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope Sandi @StLouisCruisersis okay as she never posted yesterday or today yet which is unusual for one of our regular posting friends.

Graham.

Graham, Sandi disembarked her cruise yesterday and they had a long drive home.  I imagine they are busy getting settled back in at home today.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone!

@grapau27 My condolences to Sarah on the loss of her friend.  I know she will find comfort with you and Pauline.

Not much on the agenda today.  Last night's Farkle party and dinner was great.  Every time we get together it reminds me that my decision to move back to Michigan was a good one.  I am happy here.

Today's meal sounds very refreshing.  Last week DB Bill and DSIL Lauren brought me some oranges from their granddaughter's band fund raiser.  Oh, my they were good!   So, the mandarin oranges in the salad sound really good.  I'm thinking of making this salad when friends come up from Toledo for lunch one day.  The orange dressing sounds really good to me.    https://www.aheadofthyme.com/radicchio-and-mandarin-orange-salad-with-walnuts-and-currants/

radicchioandorangesalad1.thumb.jpg.27ae48915d3a58285c9c01d6a5bf8a18.jpg

This one uses spinach as a base and has a slightly different orange vinaigrette dressing.  https://www.cuisineathome.com/recipes/side-dishes/spinach-salad-with-radicchio-and-mandarins/

radicchioandorangesalad2.thumb.jpg.a6634b5f9dbb11dc5082a792bf37d630.jpg

This next one has endive and radicchio to add some bitterness, but the oranges and the maple syrup in the dressing balance that out.  https://www.thefullhelping.com/radicchio-salad-with-endives-orange-and-walnuts/

radicchioandorangesalad3.jpg.b0c9c160d171fa0366be2cbc09f7f77b.jpg

This next one includes cranberries in the salad and tops it with a walnut vinaigrette.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cranberry-mandarin-salad-with-walnut-vinaigrette/

radicchioandorangesalad4.jpg.c90e6e0ede9176559e36b786f64b729e.jpg

This salad uses kale as the base and has a tangy orange vinaigrette to top it.  It also uses candied pecans instead of the walnuts.  It looks beautiful.  https://www.farmfreshtoyou.com/recipes/684/mandarin-orange-and-kale-salad-with-candied-pecans

radicchioandorangesalad5.jpg.a818697741c6dea0b98454a3b31259df.jpg

That gives a lot to choose from and I hope one of these sounds good to you!   

Healing thoughts to those who need them and cheers to those who are celebrating.  Wishing you all the best day ever.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Good morning to all. It is a nice day here. it is going up to the mid forties later with occasional sun.I think the “Vet girls day” could have had a better name but salute the thought. The recipe sounds nice but the group here would want more food to appear with it.

@grapau27, Graham, my condolences to Pauline  on the loss of her friend. Prayers for the family as well.

@rafinmd, Roy, I am glad you are starting to sleep better. The recovery from pneumonia is not a rapid one for most people. I hope each day finds you feeling a little better.

Our Tana continues to have her ups and downs but tries each day to do “one more thing” for herself. Yesterday she took a few steps with the oxygen and walker in the hallway and we both shed happy tears. She then slept for several hours.

I was always impressed by the way Jimmy Carter lives. My prayers are with him and his family in his last days.It is good that he can be cared for at home and not the hospital.

Take care out there .

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I have never heard women veterans described that way but they do deserve our respect and gratitude. 

Have not posted in the last few days but have read the posts daily. Sometimes it is just sad and I do not know what to say  especially in a forum.

Ann @cat shepard Stay safe with all that traffic and crowds for the 500. I remember when we lived in Ormond Beach in the late 80's, early 90s we would just stay put for the whole weekend. It gets wild.

@grapau27 Please give my condolences to Sarah on the death of her friend. 

@ottahand7 Hope everything is Ok with your house. Always a worry when on a trip.

Have been playing golf a couple of days a week and yesterday went to the driving range just to practice. We have our annual tournament coming up in few weeks and I dont want to embarrass myself.  Got kind of rusty while we were away for 3 months. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily! I like the combination of chocolate and mint, well, chocolate and anything, really.  The battle of Iwo Jima was horrific with loss of life on both sides.  I wonder if any females were involved in the naming of today's honouring the women veterans?  Interesting.  

We've got grey skies, but moderate temperatures today, only -19C and no wind, so it should be nice when I go out to blow off the skiff of snow that came down overnight.  It won't take long, so that will give me more time to research a new desktop computer.  Ours is on it's last legs - this morning it literally took 15 minutes to come on once I pressed the switch.  Then, I'd begun my post and it froze.  I checked, and I can't update to Windows 11, so that's another sign that it's time to pass this one on to someone who can take it, refurbish it, and give it to a school in need.

On another note - yesterday while watching sail-away, I had a package of corn nuts (which I haven't had in I don't remember how long), and was munching on them while enjoying seeing the ships.  Suddenly I realized there must have been a stone or something in the mix, so I quickly spat it out into a tissue.  Unfortunately, it was part of one of my molars.  The good thing is that I don't have any sensitivity, but it still means that I'm likely looking at being turned regal once more with another crown.  LOL  I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning when the dental office opens to get an appointment to have it repaired.  

@grapau27I'm sorry to hear about Sarah's friend passing away; please pass along my condolences to her and her friend's family.

@kazuI do hope once the insurance company receives all the documentation, that they process your claim quickly - you don't need any more hassles in your life!  Quick thinking to get your driveway guy to bring up your begonias . . . well done!

@ottahand7I hope your house is safe, and that your missing clothes are soon located!

Special thoughts going out to President Carter with prayers for an easy and peaceful transition.  He did so much for so many for so long.

I know I'd like today's menu suggestion, but in light of the fact that I'm sticking with soft foods, I'll tuck the recipes away for another day.  DH said he'd like something light for dinner, so I've got another salmon fillet  and oven fries that I'll cook up for him and I'll have the remainder of the borscht from yesterday at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, especially those with natural and man-made disasters.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  Sorry I haven't been around since Friday but as Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserexplained we had that long drive yesterday and I've been keeping busy doing laundry, etc. this morning.  Thanks Graham @grapau27for your concern over me.  ❤️  I'm so sorry to hear one of Sarah's good friend passed away.  My condolences to her, and her friend's family.  Never easy for anyone to comprehend especially if the friend was young like Sarah is.

Yesterday we were up very early and headed to the buffet (actual name is too long to type) for a quick breakfast.  We had told our stewardess Maricris we would be out bright and early so she could begin with our cabin.  So at about 6:35 we left the cabin with our luggage and headed to deck 5 to await disembarkation.  But when we got down there the first few passengers were leaving so we headed out the door.  Once cleared at immigration (facial recognition only) we hailed a cab and took the short drive to the Hyatt Place FLL Cruiseport.  Loaded our luggage into our car and on our way around 7 am.  There were some bad accidents on 95 which delayed us some but we still made it home by 6 pm. I hope everyone involved was okay.  One accident had two cars involved with one wrapped against a light pole.  Yikes!

Thank you for all the help with posting the Daily for Rich and Roy, Ann.  Also huge thanks to Vanessa for taking on the C & C lists for us all.  I'll get back to work on the Daily and map posting tomorrow, and Vanessa has agreed to continue on with Care and Celebrations.  We will take care of that when Vanessa goes sailing in April.  It's nice we have so many great people here!

Prayers for all on the prayer list.  It's way too big and there are too many disasters going on worldwide as well.  🙏  Cheers to our friends celebrating and going on cruises.  A late bon voyage to @Seasick Sailorand @57redbird.  

There are no photos from Zanzibar from us, but hopefully someone here has some.  Hoping all have a great day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites. Computer says it's 45 and partly sunny. Outdoor cats who have a nice warm porch to sleep on, chose to snuggle together in a chair outside last night.

Today is grocery shopping day, we had great plans to get up early and get to the farmers market, but DH is sleeping, and I hate to disturb him,  however hunger may win out, and i will start breakfast and hope that the smell of bacon cooking will motivate him.  And I solved the upset stomach problem from earlier this week, it was the hummus!  I had some yesterday afternoon, and woke up with the same issues.

I did book our hotel for our last night in Vancouver.  This time the proximity of the airport outweighed the cost, and we are staying at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. BFF's flight leaves at 5 am, ours leaves at 6, so knowing we have to get up that early, I figured staying at the airport was the smartest move.  We can check in early, and leave our bags off, and maybe get to where I wanted to go to when BFF said we are going on a cruise.  So now I have to really study train and bus routes, and figure out what to do during our stay.

sxom9-sm17.jpg

12550814_f496.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 16

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Sorry I haven't been around since Friday but as Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserexplained we had that long drive yesterday and I've been keeping busy doing laundry, etc. this morning.  Thanks Graham @grapau27for your concern over me.  ❤️  I'm so sorry to hear one of Sarah's good friend passed away.  My condolences to her, and her friend's family.  Never easy for anyone to comprehend especially if the friend was young like Sarah is.

Yesterday we were up very early and headed to the buffet (actual name is too long to type) for a quick breakfast.  We had told our stewardess Maricris we would be out bright and early so she could begin with our cabin.  So at about 6:35 we left the cabin with our luggage and headed to deck 5 to await disembarkation.  But when we got down there the first few passengers were leaving so we headed out the door.  Once cleared at immigration (facial recognition only) we hailed a cab and took the short drive to the Hyatt Place FLL Cruiseport.  Loaded our luggage into our car and on our way around 7 am.  There were some bad accidents on 95 which delayed us some but we still made it home by 6 pm. I hope everyone involved was okay.  One accident had two cars involved with one wrapped against a light pole.  Yikes!

Thank you for all the help with posting the Daily for Rich and Roy, Ann.  Also huge thanks to Vanessa for taking on the C & C lists for us all.  I'll get back to work on the Daily and map posting tomorrow, and Vanessa has agreed to continue on with Care and Celebrations.  We will take care of that when Vanessa goes sailing in April.  It's nice we have so many great people here!

Prayers for all on the prayer list.  It's way too big and there are too many disasters going on worldwide as well.  🙏  Cheers to our friends celebrating and going on cruises.  A late bon voyage to @Seasick Sailorand @57redbird.  

There are no photos from Zanzibar from us, but hopefully someone here has some.  Hoping all have a great day!

Thank you Sandi.

I'm pleased to hear you both got home safely.

Sarah's best friend since high school married a nice American 12 years ago.

He had brain cancer and was given 6 months to live then but after numerous operations he made it till last night 12 years later and Sarah was devastated.

He had raised thousands of pounds for cancer research and was a Real Nice Guy.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 15

I checked my Daily port spreadsheet and found yesterday's port listed as Ishigaki Island, Japan on August 31, 2021.  Yesterday it was listed as Ishigakijima Island, Sakishima-Yaeyama, Japan so a lot more detail nowadays.  I scrolled through the Aug. 31 post and found a person who posted photos and that was @CJcruzer.  I really can't remember if they are occasional or one time posters but I figure they wouldn't mind us reposting what they had shared back then so here are those photos.  

In 2017, we were on the Volendam visiting Ishigaki.  A group of us arranged a private tour to Taketomi Island.

Carol

7AB12188-AD7B-4C89-B890-B58A45DE99DE.jpeg

CBB56235-1C12-4B23-A25A-7CF4BB98E473.jpeg

2A7A7CBD-5D56-4A9B-B02A-4A93842AE176.jpeg

3E4A5507-B521-4CDA-9C30-6EFD27193E65.jpeg

In addition @Sir PMPposted these photos/map.

Ishigaki island near Okinawa:

20161112_181035_014992d1_w1920.thumb.jpg.ae51d52acba25e6b20a911be350e6162.jpg

ishigaki8.thumb.jpg.221a91c79f8bd407db2872479febbe5f.jpg

7201_map_02.gif.7309ef331fb42ce604c2c353eef85c81.gif

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi.

I'm pleased to hear you both got home safely.

Sarah's best friend since high school married a nice American 12 years ago.

He had brain cancer and was given 6 months to live then but after numerous operations he made it till last night 12 years later and Sarah was devastated.

He had raised thousands of pounds for cancer research and was a Real Nice Guy.

Graham.

Roy @rafinmd.

Thank you Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a slightly warmer, 44F, but cloudy central Texas. It is supposed to be 63F today and 81F tomorrow and Tuesday.  🤞

As usual, you had me at chocolate, and chocolate mint is great.  Iwo Jima was a turning point in the war in the Pacific in WWII.  I'll salute all the women veterans.

Today's quote is interesting.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I like St. Michelle Riesling, but have not had the Eroica Riesling.  

Zanzibar has been the port of the day twice.  Sadly, we have not been there.  It was on a booked cruise in 2004, but we canceled the cruise when two of the main ports were canceled and a couple of not so good ports substituted.  Hopefully, we will get there one day.  Here are the links to Rich's @richwmn posts for Sunday, July 1, 2021, and Saturday, June 11, 2022.  I look forward to seeing pictures of the port.

@ottahand7  Nancy, that's sad about your neighbor's house.  I hope your house is all right.

@AncientWanderer  Enjoy your day of R&R.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the insurance claim goes smoothly.  The one time I had to file a claim, it went smoothly since I had everything documented extensively.

@grapau27  Graham, our condolences to Sarah on the death of her friend, and our thoughts are with her, you and Pauline, and the friend's family.

Our thoughts are also with Jimmy Carter and his family.  As others have said, no matter your politics, President Carter was a good example of a gentleman and someone who thought of and did for others.

In honor of Iwo Jima Day, here are some of pictures from our sail around Iwo Jima.  We were not allowed to land since another cruise ship was there that day, and only one is allowed to dock each day.  These pictures were taken in 2005 on Pacific Princess cruise of the Islands of the Pacific Theater in WWII.  There were several WWII veterans on board including an retired Admiral, and there was a wreath ceremony.  BTW, everything in the wreath was biodegradable.

Mount Suribachi

IMG_5039.thumb.JPG.13001dc03a0d23c1e40a817bb6ff46c7.JPG

The Japanese installation

IMG_5036.thumb.JPG.f497f8e89c54016b39916ffa346eafe5.JPG

The wreath ceremony

IMG_5044.thumb.JPG.b802ec40965d5a9d9458862b358e7d21.JPG

The Admiral, who was a dive bomber pilot in WWII, followed by other veterans

IMG_5059.thumb.JPG.d410202968cb5f8de8a724da91d2b610.JPG

IMG_5060.thumb.JPG.ff683cb87159b328b0cf43b36652d1ea.JPG

Lenda

When Pauline was 15 in 1977  her school took her and other pupils to see President Carter when he visited Washington new town about 10 miles away from us.

She  always remembered him saying a Typical North East England phrase 

Haway The Lads.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

I have never heard women veterans described that way but they do deserve our respect and gratitude. 

Have not posted in the last few days but have read the posts daily. Sometimes it is just sad and I do not know what to say  especially in a forum.

Ann @cat shepard Stay safe with all that traffic and crowds for the 500. I remember when we lived in Ormond Beach in the late 80's, early 90s we would just stay put for the whole weekend. It gets wild.

@ottahand7 Hope everything is Ok with your house. Always a worry when on a trip.

Have been playing golf a couple of days a week and yesterday went to the driving range just to practice. We have our annual tournament coming up in few weeks and I dont want to embarrass myself.  Got kind of rusty while we were away for 3 months. 

I missed seeing your posts but I do understand. Somedays  I will start a post and abandon it as it is way too depressing. I also realize  that  what slips through  my self censorship  is  not especially  cheery but I do try to find the bright side eventually. The terrible situations throughout the world are difficult  to talk about as well. 

I am glad you are back to playing  golf as it is obviously  very enjoyable  for you.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Thank you for your nice words.

I miss my golf with not being able to play because of severe hip and knee arthritis but when I played regular off single handicap I always played better after a holiday.

I focused on a spot 1 inch behind my ball until I hit the ball and this one swing thought always worked in making solid contact and avoided a lot of the potential mishits.

Good luck in your golf tournament.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15

Good Sunday morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I like chocolate mint candy, like Andes, and mint chocolate chip ice cream. A salute to Iwo Jima and Veteran women, not "girls". Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

I haven't been to Zanzibar.

It's mostly sunny and will be in the low 50's today. I need to do laundry, and perhaps some meal prep for the week. This week will be busy, with a Hematology appointment tomorrow, stress test on Wednesday and hip bursa injection on Friday. Ugh, I never spent so much time at doctors' offices!

@cat shepard Thank you for starting the FR/Daily today.

@grapau27 Thanks for posting Fr. David's sermon. Condolences to Sarah on the loss of her friend, and to her friend's family.

@rafinmd I'm pleased to hear you had a good night.

@kazu I hope all your efforts with the insurance company pay off. 

@AncientWanderer Enjoy a relaxing day.

@ottahand7 I'm glad you enjoyed Rio, and thanks for the photos. I hope you get all your laundry back. Oh my on that truck into a house; prayers your house is ok.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I appreciate the pictures of Iwo Jima. Nice that they did that wreath ceremony.

@dfish That is wonderful that your move was the right decision, and that you are happy. 

@smitty34877 Kudos to Tana for trying to do a little more, and not giving up. She remains in my prayers. 

@cunnorl We understand. Post when you can. And enjoy golfing.

@ger_77 Oh no on the dental issue and needing a crown. 

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad you made it home safely; driving on interstates can be scary the way people drive nowadays. 

@marshhawk It sounds like you're making progress on your plans for your cruise.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those with things to Celebrate.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

The Junior Cat has had both female and male veterinarians and doesn't seem to like any of them very much. More seriously, I think that "Vet Girls" might be what a group of female veterans called themselves.

I would like the salad but would have trouble making it: radicchio is readily available here, but never of very good quality. The cocktail is a waste of good Bourbon. I'd probably like the wine. Haven't been to Tanzania.

Yesterday I was well enough either to attend the morning service in the synagogue, or to attend the rabbi's class in the afternoon. I wasn't well enough to go in the morning and stay for six hours, which was what I did. It was a relief when it became late enough in the evening that I could go to bed.

This morning I taught a Hebrew class online, and at 12:30 I'll attend a demons class. I have another online meeting at 6:30 p.m. that will be tedious, but if I skip it, the co-chairs will think that I am mad at them, which I am but won't admit. I completed the Johns Hopkins course with 100 on the final exam, earning a certificate that is probably not good for anything.

pyramids.jpg.2ee4109dd24ffd5926e21da15bfa0769.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 10

Good morning all!

I slept 10 hours last night -- guess I was even more tired than I thought.  Roy @rafinmdI'm glad to hear that you slept better too.

Graham @grapau27I'm so sorry to hear that Sarah's good friend passed away.  My sincere condolences to her and to his family.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersWelcome home!

Nancy @ottahand7I hope your house is ok.

I will pass on the drink, the meal sounds very good as a side dish.  When we have Riesling it's usually this one.  

I'm thankful I don't have any appointments this week, we're expected to get snow on Wednesday and Thursday.  After this week it will be appointment after appointment though.  I'm hoping to get some advice from the Nephrologist about what foods are good/bad for kidneys -- what I'm reading online is depressing. It seems that everything I like is bad for kidneys, like oranges, bananas, raisins...  

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone, 

It's cloudy and grey out there but rain is in the forecast for later. We also have snow in the long-range forecast and I'm hoping Mother Nature is wrong!

DH continues to make slow improvement. The last few days he's been brighter and doing more so hopefully he'll get home sooner than later. We have his Care Conference on Wednesday at 2:00 PM so should know more then. We're running short on Medicare days so hopefully he can be home before we have to start paying especially at $475.00/day. 

His roommate who coded on Valentine's Day and then came back didn't make it. The obituary is in today's paper and says he died on Feb. 14th. One of the nurses let me know yesterday he hadn't survived. I'll get a card off to his daughter in the next day or two. 

Life isn't very exciting here which is fine. Time with DH daily is at the top of the list. I go in before his lunch and come home at dinner. They now have his hallway patients eating in the dining room if they want to and I encourage him to do that for the socialization. He had salmon last night along with green beans, rice pilaf and spiced peaches for dessert. It looked delicious and he was digging in when I left. 

Have a good Sunday everyone! 

Karen

PS: Chocolate Mint Duo KitKats - yum!

• Like 26

Good morning. Sunny here and supposed to get up into the mid-40's today. I will take it. It was warm enough this morning that I did not put little Monty's coat on him. He did not seem to mind.

Little of interest here. I did wake up at 3:13 this morning but managed to go back to sleep fairly quickly although it was not a sound sleep. By the way, I filed my taxes, both Fed and State, as soon as they settled the question of whether our Colorado rebate was taxable or not (it it not....Yay!!) and I got my refund from the Feds in 4 days!!!! State is still to come but it is always slow.

I am starting a major clean room by room today which will entail furniture moving and lots of floor mopping and rug washing and hopefully even more discarding. Will be a busy next week for sure -and probably a bit longer.

Susan

Susan

• Like 23

Not sure if anyone on the Daily has seen this CC post....our Veendam (now Victoria Majestic)...is leaving FLL on 1 May 2023....for a 27 month World Cruise that includes 540 port days.....😲

I sent this to one of my son's who loves to cruise....he said "I'm all in"....I said "you better renew your passport".....😂

https://cruiseradio.net/former-holland-america-ships-to-operate-as-floating-residences/

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2