Updated C&A perks

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I actually just took home my first beer ever (Corona)  I must have know it was going to be a collectors item😇🤣

At six/day, and on a 10 night cruise, we now have 15 Heinekens stashed in our fridge/cooler. Not sure if getting two more when boarding makes all that much difference.🍺. Water that they gave us disappeared long ago, however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm hoping this is a case of "pictures don't do it justice"

Agree. I will reserve judgement too, but if they look like that, yuck! 

“Here’s your crystal block with a pic glued to the back. We hope the photo stays on better than the lamination on your cruise card.” 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

OMG....now I am getting more and more justified in booking with other lines.  Sigh...hate to see that have to happen....but seems we are now all being taken for granted.  Long time Pinnacle friends are doing the same thing.  

Bye bye RCI.   You apparently don't need us any longer. 

• Like 5

Oh woe! This all starts March 10th. I sail March 9th. So I guess I'm stuck with the old program. 

Or perhaps my steward is primed to sneak into my cabin at the stroke of midnight and confiscate my plate of cookies they left the day before.

And I can't call and change my amenities (currently slippers and tote bag) because you have to call 10 days prior to the cruise ... and I only have 9 days. What rotten luck.

I was getting tired of the slippers and planned to change them before my next cruise anyway. I hadn't changed it because nothing was terribly appealing. And a new offering like the toiletries bag definitely caught my interest. However, the thought comes to mind that if they actually deliver slippers to my cabin at some point on the cruise, I will be in possession of pristine collector's items. Will they increase in value the longer I hold onto them? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG....now I am getting more and more justified in booking with other lines.  Sigh...hate to see that have to happen....but seems we are now all being taken for granted.  Long time Pinnacle friends are doing the same thing.  

Celebrity is also eroding the CC perks/benefits like RC. IMO, it's by the direction of the RCG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting.  We just got off Harmony and instead of Peter Yealands Sauvignon Blanc we received a bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc and instead of a bottle of  Rosemount Estate Shiraz I was given a bottle of Grant Burge Fifth Generation Shiraz.  Not a complaint mind you - just a statement.  

So, there still may be substitutions' depending on what's available onboard. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Have just read the updated list of perks, what is:

"Priority waitlist seating request in Main Dining Room"

You get priority to wait...  instead of regular waiting.

With regular waiting you show up, they punch several keys on the keyboard and the result is you wait.  

With priority waiting they see you coming and make you wait right away.  It's much faster waiting.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 29

1 hour ago, island lady said:

It appears that RCI has already forgotten who was booking cruises, and supplying them with money, when things opened up after the shutdown.

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Have just read the updated list of perks, what is:

"Priority waitlist seating request in Main Dining Room"

I believe if your preferred MDR option (early, late or MTD)is waitlisted, you should receive a priority position on said waitlist, 

In the past when I asked or they volunteered, reps have called or emailed the dining department asking that I be cleared off the waitlist with good results.  That was some time ago, as I have not been waitlisted lately.

28 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

I think its always been there but never works for us.

Have you had difficulty getting your preference of early, late or MTD?

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I believe if your preferred MDR option (early, late or MTD)is waitlisted, you should receive a priority position on said waitlist, 

In the past when I asked or they volunteered, reps have called or emailed the dining department asking that I be cleared off the waitlist with good results.  That was some time ago, as I have not been waitlisted lately.

Have you had difficulty getting your preference of early, late or MTD?

Yes. And table size also. Way more misses than hits.

I'll reserve judgement of the blocks until I see them.

The way I see is the company is a financial wreck right now.  Sorry, but it's a disaster from any money perspective.  The free blocks from the free loyalty program have a cost to them.  They tried to get rid of them and they could have held that position but they relented.  Now they are trying to save money.  Completely understandable.  It's a free gift in a free loyalty program.  Nothing more.  It's not a birth right of cruising.  

With nearly a complete set of v1 blocks the v2 blocks just create a whole new reason to book more cruises.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

So how many drinks vouchers do you have to trade to get the wine discount? 

a tempting discount on your favorite bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. The discounted wine benefit will take effect starting March 10, 2023.

I read this as a new discount benefit as opposed to applying any vouchers toward the cost of the bottle. We'll see how it plays out, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well...

So, a bottle of wine priced at $99.99 will cost us $60...and a bottle of wine priced at $100.01 will cost $80...

Think we'll ever see a $99 price on the wine list??

Of course, either bottle retails back home for about $12...and they buy it wholesale for $5...So they really don't mind selling it to you either way...

If my wife wants wine, she'll just use the vouchers for the cheap "by the glass" stuff...

Unless we get that cheap "Gift Amenity" Muscatel (which I found on the internet for $5 a bottle!)... 

Edited by Bruin Steve