Updated C&A perks

7 minutes ago, seapad said:

Now I am really confused. We are D+, but I don't recall (have checked with DH as well) that we've ever received any tote bag or toiletry bag on RCL cruise. Is that something included in every sailing? If that is, I may have to inquire at the loyalty desk next time we cruise. 

2 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

We've never received anything either.  

Tote bags and toiletry bags are the new gifts that you can chose from on the list that was posted.  In the past, D+ could select slippers or towels.  D+ over 340 could get tote bags.  Wine was and still is a choice.  You just have to call C&A and make your selection.  If it is available when you sail, it will be in your cabin.  If not available, they will make a choice for you or leave a letter in your cabin with options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Newbie question as we just turned Diamond and will cruise next week. I know we don’t get much but when and where do you select your gifts? Do you select once aboard ? Not sure how it works. Thanks in advance for the answer.

35 minutes ago, rcrabb1513 said:

We are Diamond + and have NEVER received a crystal block.  We do not know what the original design was. 

Much nicer! 
If you have over 140 points then call c&a and they will identify what cruise you were on when you were due your block and they’ll be sent out to you. 

It always surprises me the number of people who claim they have never got a block. Ours have always begun delivered bang on schedule - usually just left on the bed. 

I wonder how this announcement has impacted the eBay sales of blocks! 

FB76F8A3-98BE-4A20-AF49-686B33A4678B.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Newbie question as we just turned Diamond and will cruise next week. I know we don’t get much but when and where do you select your gifts? Do you select once aboard ? Not sure how it works. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Greg

You will need to Call in 

1-800-526-9723

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Much nicer! 
If you have over 140 points then call c&a and they will identify what cruise you were on when you were due your block and they’ll be sent out to you. 

It always surprises me the number of people who claim they have never got a block. Ours have always begun delivered bang on schedule - usually just left on the bed. 

Likewise for us, we normally check in with LA on day one or two to make sure we are on their list 

Always received onboard 

I’m guessing for the the heavy P cruises, less stock on ship 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, seapad said:

Now I am really confused. We are D+, but I don't recall (have checked with DH as well) that we've ever received any tote bag or toiletry bag on RCL cruise. Is that something included in every sailing? If that is, I may have to inquire at the loyalty desk next time we cruise. 

The tote bag is only at 340 pts. There was a chart posted earlier showing the pts needed. If you are at 340 pts or above .. then yes.

I think the toiletry bag might be the same. I asked for the tote bag when I called this morning. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think you dont get a amenity gift until diamond plus. Before all you could select was a can of soda as diamond, but ken posted the can of soda now gone. Personally I wouldnt have called over a can of soda as you could swap at a bar. The water and used to be cookies which you can get anywhere were delivered, no choice. 

There is no amenity to choose at diamond. You choose first amenity at 175 then 340 then 525, 700 pinnacle.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

With everyone now getting bottled water instead of potentially choosing soda, juice, or beer, there I don't think there's anything for Diamonds to select anymore.   Only D+ and Pinns get amenity gifts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

With everyone now getting bottled water instead of potentially choosing soda, juice, or beer, there I don't think there's anything for Diamonds to select anymore.   Only D+ and Pinns get amenity gifts.

Also you cant select the beer until diamond plus.

That's why I told sea dog dont get too excited. D+ then you get a choice.

• Like 1

I'm D+ and have never called ahead to request anything. It's dealer's choice for me. Sometimes diet cokes, sometimes water, sometimes both. Sometimes chocolate covered strawberries, sometimes just the stale cookies. Sometimes a nice surprise from a faceless travel agent. It's all part of the big reveal fun when opening the cabin door for the first time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think you dont get a amenity gift until diamond plus. Before all you could select was a can of soda as diamond, but ken posted the can of soda now gone. Personally I wouldnt have called over a can of soda as you could swap at a bar. The water and used to be cookies which you can get anywhere were delivered, no choice. 

There is no amenity to choose at diamond. You choose first amenity at 175 then 340 then 525, 700 pinnacle.

7 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Thanks for the comments. I knew we didn’t get a gift but was curious about the water vs soda. We get the drink package so I always ask for a can of Diet Coke at a bar to keep in the room.

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Years ago they were the small bite sized packaged cookies before the onboard made ones. Think use to get packages nuts at one time also. Long as still get my SOLO 340+ discount I'm sticking with Royal. 

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

That’s how I read it too. How much does a tin of Diet Coke cost at the quantity RCI buy it?? Ten cents? 

Little more then that, though the cheap water bottles Royal provides now are less then 1/4 what can pop is wholesale. Not that like doing this to Loyal C&A Members

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, little britain said:

Much nicer! 

Was the block left for you on the actual day you hit the magic number or on the next cruise?  We hit 140 on one of the last cruises (mid Feb, 2020) before the shut down in 2020 so maybe were victims of the pandemic layoffs?

2 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

46 cruises with Royal and no crystal blocks... ever!

So like Royal - inconsistent.  I've always gotten one and sometimes when sailing S2S close together I've received two.  Yet I keep seeing reports like yours that folks never received one.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy!   How unexcited can I get?

Last cruise, a month ago on Navigator of the Seas, I requested a beach towel...

It wasn't in the cabin...no explanation...complained to Guest Services.  They told me they were out.  Eventually, the Crown & Anchor Host gave us a nice tote bag (probably the new perk).  It started coming apart (handle stitching coming out) during the ride home.

We requested Coke Zero as our beverage.  That was missing too...only water.

After telling Guest Services, they eventually sent us two cans of Coke Zero...and four more waters...

We'll be on Symphony of the Seas in April.  I guess I'll never get my beach towel.  I was going to ask for Heinekens this time.  Oh well.  We already bought the "12 bottle water package" because my wife doesn't trust tap water and 4 bottles wasn't quite enough...Now we'll get six...Plus 12...So, 18 bottles of water for a 7-night cruise.  But my wife says she wants at least a bottle per day...so she wants me to keep the package...it's only $12 because we purchased during the "sale"...

We took a look at those pix of the toiletry bag... My wife said let's just get the cheap Muscatel...even though we get 5 free drinks a day each...We'll probably take it off the ship and drink it on our one-night post-cruise stay in Barcelona...

I showed myt wife the photo of the new "crystal block",,,and showed her our older crystal block from Jewel of the Seas a few years back.  She said she doesn't know what either is good for...but, the old one, at least, was "classy"...The new one looks like an advertisement behind a pane of glass...

Oh well...at least I'm only 501 points from Pinnacle!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rcrabb1513 said:

Was the block left for you on the actual day you hit the magic number or on the next cruise?  We hit 140 on one of the last cruises (mid Feb, 2020) before the shut down in 2020 so maybe were victims of the pandemic layoffs?

Depends on the LA.  Sometimes day one, sometimes on some other night.  I don't think they put that much effort in to it.  I also don't think the LA does the actual placement in the cabin so they have to rely on other staff to do that and that means it can vary and out of their control.  

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Much nicer! 

Its the truth. Honest. 345 and never have been given 1st one.