Updated C&A perks

2 minutes ago, melbur said:

The BOGO specialty dining looks different too - doesn't include Hooked?? I would swear I used my BOGO for Hooked on both Symphony and Wonder but now you can't???

I wonder if it varys by ship. Grandeur excluded izumi. I was corrected and told I was wrong. Photographed the paper. 

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I buy excursions and shop. Lol. I'd rather do rcl excursions with others because I'm solo so not worth doing private excursions. 

They can keep my water. I drink ship water with tons of ice. I give the bottled water away.  Or leave it behind.

Oh I sometimes get the ship excursion, if renting a car isn't feasible and independent tours don't fit nicely within the port times.  And I buy the cheap fake jewelry since I am only wearing it for a few hours on formal night... not long enough to turn my skin green 😉

The rest of the newbie stuff like photos I haven't done in years.

23 hours ago, SECdawg said:

DH will not be happy getting more water instead of beer

neither am I, and I don't even drink beer or wine. This is our first sailing on Emerald level, and I have just found out about the welcome beverages. I was looking forward to getting 2 beers. Dang. "Exciting new changes," my behind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, little britain said:

So how many drinks vouchers do you have to trade to get the wine discount? 

a tempting discount on your favorite bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. The discounted wine benefit will take effect starting March 10, 2023.

It will be interesting to see if the bottled wine prices increase after March 10th

Red-Wine-Menu.thumb.jpg.d48cf58d9698eed4f856c978827e5224.jpg

White-Wine-Menu-5.jpg.46c70101ccaef8a5553adda4e3d59b82.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

My guess is that food quality will improve by an order of magnitude whenever a VIP suit from Miami is on board.

You can bet that everything will be top notch and the best ever for that cruise!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, twangster said:

The free blocks from the free loyalty program have a cost to them.  They tried to get rid of them and they could have held that position but they relented.  Now they are trying to save money.  Completely understandable

I'd take a bottle of beer or a mixed drink over a block. Sorry, but these blocks mean nothing to me. Just dust collectors. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

neither am I, and I don't even drink beer or wine. This is our first sailing on Emerald level, and I have just found out about the welcome beverages. I was looking forward to getting 2 beers. Dang. "Exciting new changes," my behind.

I assume this was supposed to be funny. Since beer wasnt a option before until diamond plus.

Everyone is a joker. 

Seems I lost my 1 can of coke. Oh my. .. I'll live.  

Guess I am not to concerned about the updated perks anyhow. We did a 10 night cruise on the Oasis in January and had requested a logo item. We are Diamond Plus with over 30 cruises on Royal so of course Loyalty ambassador on board sent us a letter they didn't have the item we requested and because we only had a mear 314points so the choices were pretty bad so I asked if we could at least get the 6 pack of coke. So we were told no. I have one cruise booked with Royal that was booked with FCC for a cruise that Royal canceled. I won't say never but after the next cruise that will probably be our last cruise with Royal. Wasn't just because of the C&A benefit but just added to other issues it makes it hard to consider Royal anymore.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The lasered clear and classy blocks vs. the new color enhanced ugly blocks with a photo glued to the back.

Thanks, I misread his comment. I read he already had a set of v1and v2.

8 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Yes.  They are actually pretty good. 

Thanks. I was given one while in quarantine on the Allure and liked them. John mentioned he uses them as gifts so I’m thinking of doing the same. We really don’t need any more booze to be delivered to the room.

7 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

For thousands of dollars in bookings, you got awesome vacations to amazing locales and relaxing days at sea. I am not at a level to receive blocks, but I have absolutely no desire to receive clunky “stuff” to clutter my life. The reward of travel & memories made are enough for me. I don’t expect any company to pat me on the head for selecting them when needing a service. The C&A program is nice, and I look forward to earning amenities, but crystal blocks hold no interest at all. 

Good for you, but some of us like them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I assume this was supposed to be funny.

no, it wasn't supposed to be funny. I could swear I read that the welcome beverage was either a juice, a soda or a beer. But if beer wasn't a choice, that's ok, I must have misremembered  - I'd take a soda then.

13 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Hey you are lucky - when I called in today all I could hear was chickens in the background - I kid you not the entire call I heard chickens.I have no idea where they were .

I called Celebrity yesterday and there was a woman screaming in the background. The guy was like, 'sorry, I'm working from home. My windows are open, I don't know why people are screaming.' It continued and he apologized a few more times for the 'screaming'. Then he put me on hold, never to return, and I gave up after 35 minutes. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

The MDR is faster now because they stopped cooking the food before serving it. Vegetable sides were raw and cold, risotto was hard enough to crack a tooth, linguini was stiff enough that it could be used to board up a hole in the floor, and fish had so much salt in it that it could be used to de ice roadways. 

Dramatic much? MDR food on Oasis this week is fine.

13 hours ago, Spurschick said:

I was also advised that what you receive is based on lead guest so me and dh picked different options so when we book in future we will switch between lead guests to get more variety without have int to call in every time.

This has never worked for me. I am always the lead guest on the booking and my husband is always the one who gets the gift choice. I finally made both choices the same so I would get what I wanted.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, davekathy said:

She should have received the pin the first cruise after she turned platinum. 

Yep, but she didn't.  I was able to get my pin on my cruise last August, but she wasn't with me and they wouldn't give it to me even though she had earned it.  I should have insisted.  Then C&A was supposed to mail it, but it's been 6 months so I don't think it's going to happen.

I know everyone is different, but honestly, especially with the vouchers, we feel like we get plenty to drink and definitely plenty to eat, especially on embarkation day.

We made D+ last summer and was kind of looking forward to getting a towel (not that we need one) on our next cruise after that, but supply issues made that not happen. We ended up with so much water in the room, we never did drink it all.

I can't imagine the bathroom tote thing being so nice that I'd actually use it. And when we get to 340, it's not like we need another tote bag.

But in the grand scheme of things, looking at the new list compared to the old list, the change isn't really going to affect us. 

I think id' rather have a voucher for a T-shirt from the logo shop. Or maybe some "exclusive" C&A T-shirt.