Updated C&A perks

2 hours ago, ChC said:

The benefits was listed on the C&A benefits PDF page I last downloaded in June 2022, which incidentally was the last available version.

Last discussion about this benefit was merely few weeks ago when someone posted the photo of the bottle he/she collected in very recent cruise. Can't find the thread but I remember it well because I am going to be a 340 pointer in that time!

So I am not sure if we are on the same page, and I am not sure what do you mean by ages ago?

It was still listed, but patently ignored by ships housekeeping. Even disappeared from JS. 

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Oh, you should try the Caribbean Jerk pork chop if you really want to taste bad meat.

No thanks, I’ll pass on that one. Pork is one of the most difficult proteins to cook properly in the first place, and doing it jerk would be a protein death sentence unless you were a master chef.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That was a direct quote from the executive chef on Wonder.

And head waiters on the Explorer: "New Asian chefs in charge of menu have odd recipes choices." He said they all hold their breath on certain menu nights. (Indicating lots of complaints. )

12 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

And head waiters on the Explorer: "New Asian chefs in charge of menu have odd recipes choices." He said they all hold their breath on certain menu nights. (Indicating lots of complaints. )

I try to do a knee-to-knee conversation with the executive chef on each cruise. Have one scheduled with the exec on serenade on Friday specifically to discuss the impact of the new menu structure on his staff. I have been told similar laments from every exec chef I have met with since the restart. In the beginning it was supply chain issues and getting qualified galley staff. Then it morphed into quality and consistency of what was being sourced. The last chef I talked with was on Jewel in December and he felt that they had finally gotten over the hump (food was excellent all that week btw. None of them were prepared for the changes in January.

Edited by orville99
Got day wrong
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Why do you continue to cruise with Royal Caribbean if you are so unhappy with the food and in some cases, the ship itself?  Life is too short to spend so much time complaining about all your sailings.  Try Celebrity and see if it suits your needs.

I was thinking the same thing.  18 unsatisfactory cruises with each one worse than the last!  Seems bizarre that you would continue on like that.

6 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

I was thinking the same thing.  18 unsatisfactory cruises with each one worse than the last!  Seems bizarre that you would continue on like that.

Never said we had 18 unsatisfactory cruises. All 18 were excellent cruises. The issues with food quality and variety only became issues on our B2B on Wonder in January, and the one we are on now. 

We have 23 more currently booked between now and April 2025 and thoroughly expect to enjoy all of them as well. We don’t cruise for food, but it is nice when we don’t have to put our chefs hats back on to try to create decent meals from what’s currently provided.

Edited by orville99

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Quality in the MDR had gone to pot well before the changes - pretty much pedestrian fare on every one of our 18 cruises post restart,

That's not what you said...

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Never said we had 18 unsatisfactory cruises. All 18 were excellent cruises. The issues with food quality and variety only became issues on our B2B on Wonder in January, and the one we are on now. 

29 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It was still listed, but patently ignored by ships housekeeping. Even disappeared from JS. 

If we ask, we have always received bathroom amenities, though the brands (and my subjective judgment of their quality) vary.  Still, for me any are superior to the all-purpose gel in the shower dispenser.

We always pack our own but DH often likes has having the extras.

11 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

That's not what you said...

Pedestrian fare is not a judgement on the cruise, just a commentary that the offerings in the MDR were no different in quality pre-new menu than what you would find in a shoreside Applebees or Golden Corral. Stuff you would find if you just walked in off the street (aka pedestrian)

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

Same here.  Can't ever get the Corona cold enough in those "coolers" 

Typically I used to go to a bar on day 1 and trade for a cold one. 

But with the new 6 drinks a day, I keep forgetting to 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

The “we are thrilled” made me lol.  

Royal is trying to stay afloat.  They need to cut back in small ways that add up.  We get it.  But don’t say “we are thrilled” when you’re cutting back like we don’t get it.

How many are the additional waters? When we run out of the additional waters can we request more to stay hydrated?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

brilliant, John. 😊 I gave up on that free Corona because I didn’t want to waste one of my twice a day ice buckets to chill it. I’ll even need to be more frugal and weigh ice worthy beverages now that we’re down to once a day ice replenishment 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

brilliant, John. 😊 I gave up on that free Corona because I didn’t want to waste one of my twice a day ice buckets to chill it. I’ll even need to be more frugal and weigh ice worthy beverages now that we’re down to once a day ice replenishment 😉

If you are lucky.  We made a point of not asking for ice the first day on our last cruise and we did not get ice at any time during the cruise.  

Who spotted the laundry offer is now just on one day… so you both have to send it on the same day to get it for free…

30 On 5+ night sailings only, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members receive one free $34.99 bag of laundry on Wash & Fold Day. Only valid on the day of the ship’s Wash & Fold laundry promotion. Not valid for any pressing or dry-cleaning services.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I realized that we are getting our first crystal block soon. Curious if anyone had this experience - If we don’t actually get it on our 140 pt sailing, and I am persistent with calling C&A, will I get mailed the block for the right ship?

Yes you will

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

You don't say. Tell us something new. Yea, I get it  but I don't have to like the changes and can't do anything about the changes other than moving on (accepting the changes or not cruising) but I will voice my displeasure here on CC and my PCS for anything I have paid for by cruising with RC that is no longer offered. Especially when RC is trying to promote the changes as an enhancement. The time are a changin but not for the better. And it's not just the cruise lines.

It certainly doesn't help when the announced changes start with "we have exiting benefit updates designed to make our loyalty program better than ever" and "benefits just got bolder"!

It sure is a 'bold' move to announce reductions in benefits as an enhancement.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, little britain said:

Who spotted the laundry offer is now just on one day… so you both have to send it on the same day to get it for free…

30 On 5+ night sailings only, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members receive one free $34.99 bag of laundry on Wash & Fold Day. Only valid on the day of the ship’s Wash & Fold laundry promotion. Not valid for any pressing or dry-cleaning services.

If there is only one day per sailing when everyone gets the wash and fold promotion, it could be a very busy day for the laundry staff!

Edited by icsys

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We have been leaving the cabin freebie beers to the attendant when we leave.  Now they are ones taking the cut!  😮 🤕

• Like 1