Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

51 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I guess if I do pull the trigger and join the Bella 2.0 cruise, I'll need to start drinking heavily about a month before the cruise in order to increase my alcohol tolerance. 🤪

I would of had to started a couple years ago to be ready for Bella2.   😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

3 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

That is why we pick Deck 6, I can crawl if I have to (cabin selection 101)

I don’t think we would have made it 🤣

You can call a porter to push you back to the cabin I understand 😇

Next week we are in an aft JS😱

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

For the price, it should be.

From the road it has never really appealed to me as the loungers look very close together and crowded. How are the restrooms?

I am not a huge fan of Krazy Lobster either but you are aren’t really comparing like with like - they serve a different niche.

Lack of sargassum looks good today.

Restrooms are "rustic".  but so are most places along the  malecon that aren't hotels.

For Pay-Go Krazy Lobster is becoming the best place to go along the malcon as other spots are switching to AI or going out of business.  Ever changing lineup.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love ocean pics with beautiful clouds.   These are nice.

It was beautiful John. Hey next week email me at gsteele(number)7 at g (gmail) dot com. I need to talk to you !!!!!!!

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

That's our go to spot as well.   We've known Jaime since his Playa del Carmen days.   Wondering if he was around.  When we were there last year he was having a back operation.  

Probalby too late but  the barkeeps do make a huge, really good paloma.

I asked about him and they said he wasn’t there today.

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We like Jamie’s too but the last time we had vendors coming around every 3 minutes.  It kind of took the relaxation out of it.  Hoping your day is free of that.

There were a lot of vendors but we just smiled and said no thank you and they moved on. Linda did buy one of those straw brim hats that said KC chiefs and had their logo on each side. Can you say copyright infringement???  

39 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

For the price, it should be.

From the road it has never really appealed to me as the loungers look very close together and crowded. How are the restrooms?

I am not a huge fan of Krazy Lobster either but you are aren’t really comparing like with like - they serve a different niche.

Lack of sargassum looks good today.

yes it’s more expensive due to it being all inclusive but I think I spent about the same price at Krazy Lobster as I am here. You can spread the loungers out. It’s been perfect for us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Restrooms are "rustic".  but so are most places along the  malecon that aren't hotels.

For Pay-Go Krazy Lobster is becoming the best place to go along the malcon as other spots are switching to AI or going out of business.  Ever changing lineup.

Thanks, I agree.

I am surprised about the rest rooms there though from previous reports. I thought Blue Reef was affiliated with the hotel building and would have expected it to be more like Malecon21 (which I am still hoping will be able to recover its service issues when we return).

I understand the problems with regular rural beach bars!

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

yes it’s more expensive due to it being all inclusive but I think I spent about the same price at Krazy Lobster as I am here. You can spread the loungers out. It’s been perfect for us.

Thanks.

We rarely do AI while cruising, especially in Mahahual where the facilities don’t really warrant it or justify the price.

On the malecon we like to bar hop for variety or occasionally go to Maya Chan. Our go-to place on the malecon was Malecon21 but we had service issues when we returned in the early days after cruising resumed. Hopefully it has improved now.

Good to hear you have had a good day with good food and service and that you can move the loungers.  I guess I just like more space if I intend to stay for a few hours and pay AI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

She is a sleek and sexy ship tho, if I don't mind saying so myself.

Am I allowed to say that? 😉

Just be aware, she might not be legal.

As Judge Marilyn Milian from People Court says, “write it regret it, say it forget it”. Rules to live by. 

53 minutes ago, martikus said:

@A&L_Ont did Owen attend teen meet and greet first night? We are on 6/2 with our 16 year old and he’s skeptical about going to it.

thank you all for sharing your adventures with us!

He will say go in the first night. Think about it like survivor. You have one chance to make a first impression, and once the connections are made it can be hard to infiltrate a group. That said, kids can be voted out for breaking “the code”. (Being mean, jerk etc)

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

@niksmom630

Hope you are feeling better, I would blame Ken 😉

Just don’t watch the World Voyager beside us bob  up and down 50ft at a time 

Lol, I watched this morning on the balcony and started feeling even “greener”

then had to take a walk ….

oh, and I’ve absolutely recovered….🥳☘️🎉😎 

bring on the St. Paddys day shenanigans! 

• Like 8

After riding I made a stop on the way to the beach pool. Two brisket sandwichs from port side BBQ for lunch.  One for me and one for Lisa. Happy wife, generally happy life. 😀

Life hack. 

Edit to add: beach towel works great to wipe BBQ sauce. 

616B068C-B527-4370-B3FB-C8FFF31E1AA3.thumb.jpeg.00c6d8a0ef2836340341bfe88531e401.jpeg

This arrived while we were riding. 

9489B2D2-C198-491A-9E2A-EF316DACEDFF.thumb.jpeg.52e37727567af84c6c6cf49b0a6f356a.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

I might have booked the Bell 2 cruise with someone onboard this morning.  Would probably be in Florida already in February 2025.  Pretty far out for my planning routine for a 7 night cruise.  Especially for one with only one FlowRider.  Are you people nuts…. And am I nuts?  No reply required, we all know the answer to that.  

jc

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

(will be on her in June) NO alcohol that cruise. 😂

No alcohol - Hell NO.  I did enough of those alcohol free cruises when I was in the Navy.  Never again I say -- NEVER!                         🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I'd probably be mad at myself if I see a sunrise while on a cruise.  Because that'll mean I'm still up from the night before.

I'm sorry but your point is?  You make that sound like it's a bad thing.  

The C&A Drink vouchers reset at 0500 which is as good an excuse as any to drink all night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I'm sorry but your point is?  You make that sound like it's a bad thing.  

The C&A Drink vouchers reset at 0500 which is as good an excuse as any to drink all night. 

I think the joke might have been missed, but up all night and drink all day is not a bad thing. Neither is sleep at night and drink all day. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Just tell him that Disney World trip can be done any time but Bella 2.0 is once in a lifetime.  Easy decision, just sayin.....

We know that, but we haven't been in almost 10 years, and two of our daughters (middle and youngest) have planned this adults-only trip for us.  We've been to see the Holiday lights many times, but they really want to do it, so...  We're in our 70; how many more trips do we get to take with our kids???  The youngest one went on our 50th anniversary cruise last summer (along with our eldest daughter and her family), so after taking her boys to WDW this past summer, the middle one really wants this adults-only trip.  

And we'll be on Wonder for a B2B next month, so...   I'll just follow along here!

• Like 4