Impossible to link profile with booking number on Medallion app

SSCAF001

Hello,

Sorry if this issue has been raised already. I have just booked my first Princess cruise a week ago and I cannot link my Princess profile with my booking on Princess Medallion app. I have no problem on Princess website to retrieve my booking. My TA tells me that the problem comes from the fact that my cruise is only due to sail in 2024. Could it be the reason? Thanks for your help.

31 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

Hello,

Sorry if this issue has been raised already. I have just booked my first Princess cruise a week ago and I cannot link my Princess profile with my booking on Princess Medallion app. I have no problem on Princess website to retrieve my booking. My TA tells me that the problem comes from the fact that my cruise is only due to sail in 2024. Could it be the reason? Thanks for your help.

no that is not the reason...I can access my 2024 booking on the app

did you try logging in with your booking number? my sissy can only access her bookings on the app that way...if not you will have to call...pick ocean medallion help in the  phone menu & they will help figure out what the problem is (sometimes it is the birthday is wrong on that part of the system or something else)

• Like 1

Also remember that you do not have to complete checkin or anything else on the app prior to boarding. You can complete checkin on the website if needed, or just do everything at the port. No need to stress over the app if it is acting up. It does this for many people still. See the link in the bottom right.

image.png.5536daf020fa03b3efee474a2b93d30c.png

Edited by pathi
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:24 PM, pathi said:

Also remember that you do not have to complete checkin or anything else on the app prior to boarding. You can complete checkin on the website if needed, or just do everything at the port. No need to stress over the app if it is acting up. It does this for many people still. See the link in the bottom right.

image.png.5536daf020fa03b3efee474a2b93d30c.png

Thanks. But I thought it was mandatory to use the app for choosing dinner time (early or late sitting). It seems that I cannot do it on the internet. Sorry because this is my fort Princess cruise. Thanks for your help. 

I’ve read posts here by many saying they deleted and reinstalled the app after having issues with it and the problem then disappeared. Might be worth trying that. 
Yes once the voyage is within a few weeks of sailing you’ll be able to make dinner reservations etc on it but much of the info isn’t available until after boarding. To do your checklist for screening and other things like selecting the medallion etc you will want to use the app however you can also access a web version of the app from your cruise personalizer until you get the app working. 

On 4/3/2023 at 11:52 PM, SSCAF001 said:

Hello,

Sounds like a system problem where there is different information used to ID your account between the database that supports the medallion app and the main Princess web site. As a result once one system links to a booking the other thinks that the booking is owned by someone else. I have the reverse problem the bookings get linked to my app and cannot be accessed on the web version. Unfortunately not easy to get Princess to fix.

11 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

...choosing dinner time (early or late sitting)

There is no early or late seating.  Dinner times are every 20 minutes throughout the evening, for example 6pm, 6:20, 6:40, 7pm, etc.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 2:52 AM, SSCAF001 said:

Hello,

I’m having this problem too, coincidentally for a 2024 sailing. I’ve tried using my Booking Number, to no avail. Not sweating it too much at this point, but I’d like to get familiar with this app as this is my first Medallion cruise. 

Never try to "link my booking" on the app. It doesn't work. It has never worked. It should have been removed long ago. I log into the app and my bookings are there. If I tried to "link" them it would bomb out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Never try to "link my booking" on the app. It doesn't work. It has never worked. It should have been removed long ago. I log into the app and my bookings are there. If I tried to "link" them it would bomb out.

Oh. 
Thanks. 
‘Now I just have to figure out how to get out of the “Blue” lane

50 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My bookings are there too.   If you open the app and go to your profile, there is an option to add a booking.  If someone had not logged on with a booking or cabin number, would they be able to add it here, I wonder?  

37 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Oh. 
Thanks. 
‘Now I just have to figure out how to get out of the “Blue” lane

That is so easy.  Mrs Ldubs says give me your phone.  She gives it back and I'm in the green lane!  From what I have seen (not actually done) in the app, it kind of guides you thru the things to be completed.   All Greek to me.   

• Haha 2

Thanks for all yours answers but it does not solve my issue. I have been to the app, disconnect my profile and tried to enter just using my booking number. I got the following message (see attachment). Does someone know how to contact Princess by mail to solve my problem (I cannot call from where I am). Thanks. 

F2F11852-586D-46F0-9559-6EEB729DF144.png

Having the same issue.  Just downloaded the app.  Tried to sign in with booking number or password. Password works but  "Link a booking" doesn't recognize the booking #.   Also tried the web versions.  Exact same thing.Doesn't recognize booking number.  All personal data is correct.  Cruise is in 4 months. 

Edited by lolane1
Correction

On 4/7/2023 at 6:29 AM, SSCAF001 said:

But I thought it was mandatory to use the app for choosing dinner time (early or late sitting). 

You absolutely CAN do dining reservations on the web.  Go to your cruise personalizer and scroll down just a bit to where you see this:

image.png.1e3cdfeae6d9a044d4ceb8eb8732c98a.png

Click on "Try our web version".  This is the ONLY way that I book dining...so much easier to see what you're doing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lolane1 said:

Having the same issue.  Just downloaded the app.  Tried to sign in with booking number or password. Password works but  "Link a booking" doesn't recognize the booking #.   Also tried the web versions.  Exact same thing.Doesn't recognize booking number.  All personal data is correct.  Cruise is in 4 months. 

Make sure to use the same user name and password as you use for the princess.com web site when you attempt to login to the Princess Medallion App.

On 4/10/2023 at 5:13 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

You absolutely CAN do dining reservations on the web.  Go to your cruise personalizer and scroll down just a bit to where you see this:

image.png.1e3cdfeae6d9a044d4ceb8eb8732c98a.png

Click on "Try our web version".  This is the ONLY way that I book dining...so much easier to see what you're doing!

It works! Thank you so much!

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 6:55 AM, SSCAF001 said:

Thanks for all yours answers but it does not solve my issue. I have been to the app, disconnect my profile and tried to enter just using my booking number. I got the following message (see attachment). Does someone know how to contact Princess by mail to solve my problem (I cannot call from where I am). Thanks. 

F2F11852-586D-46F0-9559-6EEB729DF144.png

Not sure what data you entered here, but I do see that you eventually figured out how to get into the web version of the App from the link in Cruise Personalizer.

Princess offers two ways to access your booking:

1.  Your Princess.com Userid and Password (these are sync'd with the App).

2. Your Booking Nbr + Your Name + Your Birthdate

On Princess.com, the login process lets you access the Cruise Personalizer where you can find summarized booking information, the Passage Contract, make Princess excursion bookings, pre-order some things for on board (Onboard Services), check your Credits, check what Onboard Services you have, and also check payments due if you booked direct (otherwise that is hidden if you book with a TA).  And you can pre-pay Crew Appreciation if not included in your fare and if desired (but not necessary).  Closer to sail date, you can download luggage tags to print for any bags to be left pier-side for porters to load onto the ship (crew delivers to cabins).

There is a web version of the App you can link to from within the Cruise Personalizer (or save the URL after). You have to login in again using one of the same two options above.  In the Princess App, you do registration type things for the voyage such as photos, passport info, etc.  Once the required items are completed, you will be indicated as in the "Green Lane" (a fictional sort of designation meaning you have completed everything necessary for check-in at the port).  Additional functionality provided in the web version is booking dining reservations.  Supposedly, these were only to be available after final payment made for all guests below Platinum level in Captain's Circle membership. Lately, reports are indicating others can make dining bookings (DineMyWay). 

Once on the ship, the Princess App has a lot more functionality than you see pre-cruise.  Pre-Cruise, there are some more things you can see and do in the actual App versus the web version. 

Note that any change to your cruise booking take a couple of days to be sync'd to the Princess App.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 7:16 AM, ldtr said:

Sounds like a system problem where there is different information used to ID your account between the database that supports the medallion app and the main Princess web site. As a result once one system links to a booking the other thinks that the booking is owned by someone else. I have the reverse problem the bookings get linked to my app and cannot be accessed on the web version. Unfortunately not easy to get Princess to fix.

Let’s say I’ve found it impossible. I can’t access bookings through either the app or the Cruise Personalizer. I am going to cancel 17 bookings for next winter as a result, and make sure that a couple of senior people know the reason. And I had to phone the call center in the Philippines to get ocean ready and make dinner reservations for a cruise in July.  I can only hope it got done correctly since I can’t see anything at all, and the agent seemed far more interested in helping me make specialty and spa reservations.

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2023 at 9:37 PM, brisalta said:

Make sure to use the same user name and password as you use for the princess.com web site when you attempt to login to the Princess Medallion App.

Thanks you so much but somehow, the app finally took the information and I got in.  Can't explain how it righted itself but it did.  Magically!!!!!

3 days so far...

Trying to sign in with booking number. "Your information does not match our records. Please try again."

Two calls to my TA, two calls to Princess, and an online chat with Princess to verify my information during the three days of trying. Verified booking #, birthdates, Captain's Circle numbers. Have a Travel Summary from Princess with all correct information.

Have tried this using the web version with three different browsers, and the app on the phone - same errors.

Hope they get this fixed so I can enter the required cruise documentation/passport info/etc. Cruise leaves soon.

• Like 1