The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 4th, 2023

11 minutes ago, dfish said:

Oh, don't get me wrong.  The white has to be cooked hard.  The yolk had better be runny!   Toast is worthless if the  yolk isn't runny!

My federal return and my Ohio return have been accepted, but my Michigan one is still in limbo.  That was one convoluted, complicated mess.  They are probably coming to arrest me.

We can always start a “Go Fund Me” campaign to raise bail money for you. 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

14 minutes ago, dfish said:

Oh, don't get me wrong.  The white has to be cooked hard.  The yolk had better be runny!   Toast is worthless if the  yolk isn't runny!

My federal return and my Ohio return have been accepted, but my Michigan one is still in limbo.  That was one convoluted, complicated mess.  They are probably coming to arrest me.

So true about the toast, and without the toast, you just have a runny mess.

🤞 The Michigan return is accepted soon.  If we don't raise the bail, we could send a cake with a file in it.  🤣

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

I almost missed the sailaway today because DH spotted a black snake about 4 feet long slithering along the sldewalk out by the street.  He took care of it so I could see the Eurodam leave.  Not that I would ever take care of a 4 foot long snake!🐍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I almost missed the sailaway today because DH spotted a black snake about 4 feet long slithering along the sldewalk out by the street.  He took care of it so I could see the Eurodam leave.  Not that I would ever take care of a 4 foot long snake!🐍

Was it a racer? We have them everywhere here. It's strange as I've even see them on hoods of cars going down the street.   😀

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Black Racer snake? Harmless and will keep your pest population down. However, It’s a snake!😱

sorry Bruce, but black snakes eat bluebird eggs or babies.  I love my bluebirds!  Let the cats keep the mice population down.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, dfish said:

My federal return and my Ohio return have been accepted, but my Michigan one is still in limbo.  That was one convoluted, complicated mess. 

Living almost within sight of the state line, I've prepared scads of multi-state tax returns, and they are always a mess. The general rule is to prepare the non-resident ones first, and then claim credits for those taxes on the resident-state return.

Once I did a filing for someone who worked for a medical-temp agency and had worked exactly one quarter in each of four different states. There is no clear rule for determining the resident state in that specific case, and the person intended to file as a New York resident, considering New York "home" even though they hadn't lived or worked in New York at any time during the year. That would have had the worst possible outcome, because New York wants to tax worldwide income and has higher state-tax rates than any of the other four. I filed it as resident in the last of the four states, partly because they were remaining there for an additional quarter of work.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

So true about the toast, and without the toast, you just have a runny mess.

For me it's hash browns.  Mop up the egg yolk with hash browns and put jam on the toast. 🤣

I think you may be on to something about messy eggs and messy painters. 

But I may be a bit more difficult. I don't want mine sunny side up, they have to be firm but still runny enough to run out.  I know, difficult.  And it always takes a few days of breakfasts in the Lido before I find the perfect fried egg cooker.  On our last cruise I found him quickly, he was perfect! 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cruising-along said:

For me it's hash browns.  Mop up the egg yolk with hash browns and put jam on the toast. 🤣

But I may be a bit more difficult. I don't want mine sunny side up, they have to be firm but still runny enough to run out.  I know, difficult.  And it always takes a few days of breakfasts in the Lido before I find the perfect fried egg cooker.  On our last cruise I found him quickly, he was perfect! 

If I don't have toast, then I used the hash browns.  I also want it over, especially since it helps get the white cooked.  I've found several good egg cookers, but the best was Jade on the Veendam in 2019.  Sadly, she went  home before we did.

Lenda

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

If I don't have toast, then I used the hash browns.  I also want it over, especially since it helps get the white cooked.  I've found several good egg cookers, but the best was Jade on the Veendam in 2019.  Sadly, she went  home before we did.

Lenda

Perfect.  And now I'm getting hungry!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Living almost within sight of the state line, I've prepared scads of multi-state tax returns, and they are always a mess. The general rule is to prepare the non-resident ones first, and then claim credits for those taxes on the resident-state return.

Once I did a filing for someone who worked for a medical-temp agency and had worked exactly one quarter in each of four different states. There is no clear rule for determining the resident state in that specific case, and the person intended to file as a New York resident, considering New York "home" even though they hadn't lived or worked in New York at any time during the year. That would have had the worst possible outcome, because New York wants to tax worldwide income and has higher state-tax rates than any of the other four. I filed it as resident in the last of the four states, partly because they were remaining there for an additional quarter of work.

Well, the tax preparation company said it was ok.  The thing is, you just put in figures and don't know if you've filled out the correct schedules  until you're done.  Oh, well.  I figure Michigan will give me time to make corrections.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Never sunny side up.  The white over the yolk isn't cooked!  They have to be flipped to do that or basted.  

• Like 9

Today's sunrise is from my 2017 Zaandam cruise from Buenos Aires to San Diego.  On April 4 Zaandam visited Valparaiso, Chile:

dawn0404.jpg

This may have been HAL's last call at Valparaiso as since then they've been going to San Antonio instead.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good evening to all,

Sorry for being so late.  i was just about to post when i received a call from the appliance company that they were coming early to deliver the washer.

So then I spent the afternoon reading the manual and trying it out.

So, I never got back here.

Taxes are done and tomorrow I will work on what i thought i was going to do today.

I am disappointed there were no photos of Haugesund.  We will be stopping there on our Baltic cruise this summer.

Hope everyone had a good day.

God Bless and Good night

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

@Cruising-along Carolyn please pass on to Henry a Get Well for me.

Shopping trip was successful and lunch at Chan’s Wine Bar in Destin was fantastic. I had the duck salad and Sue the grilled salmon salad both were so delicious along with the wine.

See Graham we go out to lunch now and then too.😁

image.thumb.jpeg.446c19f633cc6327690ab74cac25d147.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9309f42c86ecf359c565f66147905401.jpeg

Looks to be a tasty healthy  lunch.

Congratulations on the Neptune Suite upgrade.

• Like 9

I haven't posted in awhile.  Sorry that so many aren't feeling well. 

Gerry wow on helping the Ukrainian family - you and your community are wonderful.  

I am so impressed by all the people who keep this daily going.  Sandy, Debbie, Vanessa, along with the drink and wine ohf the day. I also thank all the people who post pictures of the various cruise ports, it is such a great way of seeing the world.  

My back surgery is tomorrow - off to  the  hospital by 6 AM. Today was a mixed blessing day:

On the negative front:  I found out at 3:30 PM today that my pre op clearance had still not been faxed to the hospital by my PCP.  When I called the office, I got the typical medical office phone system,  a person off site answering the phone routing me to numerous extensions all of which went to voice mail with a message telling me that I would receive a call back by the end of business tomorrow and no way to actually reach a human being!!  I finally got in the car and drove the 30 minutes to the office, hoping it was still open, which thankfully it was and got it taken care of. This absurd medical system in our country leaves a lot to be desired.  

On the wonderful front, at the same time I was doing all my pre op stuff, my DIL was in labor and we were waiting to hear about the new arrival. Our 4th baby grandchild arrived at 6:12 PM EDT, today. A beautiful baby girl. Unfortunately we won't get to meet her until June since with my back surgery I don't want to get on a plane and they live in NH.  Thank heavens for Facetime and zoom.

I probably won't be reading the Daily tomorrow so I am wishing everyone a wonderful day in advance.  

I

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Gerry wow on helping the Ukrainian family - you and your community are wonderful.  

I am so impressed by all the people who keep this daily going.  Sandy, Debbie, Vanessa, along with the drink and wine ohf the day. I also thank all the people who post pictures of the various cruise ports, it is such a great way of seeing the world.  

My back surgery is tomorrow - off to  the  hospital by 6 AM. Today was a mixed blessing day:

On the negative front:  I found out at 3:30 PM today that my pre op clearance had still not been faxed to the hospital by my PCP.  When I called the office, I got the typical medical office phone system,  a person off site answering the phone routing me to numerous extensions all of which went to voice mail with a message telling me that I would receive a call back by the end of business tomorrow and no way to actually reach a human being!!  I finally got in the car and drove the 30 minutes to the office, hoping it was still open, which thankfully it was and got it taken care of. This absurd medical system in our country leaves a lot to be desired.  

On the wonderful front, at the same time I was doing all my pre op stuff, my DIL was in labor and we were waiting to hear about the new arrival. Our 4th baby grandchild arrived at 6:12 PM EDT, today. A beautiful baby girl. Unfortunately we won't get to meet her until June since with my back surgery I don't want to get on a plane and they live in NH.  Thank heavens for Facetime and zoom.

I probably won't be reading the Daily tomorrow so I am wishing everyone a wonderful day in advance.  

I

Wishing you all the best tomorrow, and a speedy recovery so you can see that new granddaughter.

Lenda

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all,

Sorry for being so late.  i was just about to post when i received a call from the appliance company that they were coming early to deliver the washer.

So then I spent the afternoon reading the manual and trying it out.

So, I never got back here.

Taxes are done and tomorrow I will work on what i thought i was going to do today.

I am disappointed there were no photos of Haugesund.  We will be stopping there on our Baltic cruise this summer.

Hope everyone had a good day.

God Bless and Good night

Terri

I posted Haugesund pix, what I could find. Post #47, see page 2. 
m—

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The best way to eat fried eggs.  I'm glad Carolyn @Cruising-along and I aren't the only ones who like runny yolks.  

Lenda

7 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Like the messy painters club, I'm a member of the runny yolk club.  DH only likes them scrambled, not looking like an egg - apparently it goes back to his biology days.  I'll never forget the look on his face when we were in Japan and he had ordered a hamburger.  He bit into it, not knowing there was a fried egg in it (soft yolk, of course), and it splurted out.  I thought he was going to lose it right there.  LOL   

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I wonder if the potential mess is what makes us member of the messy painters club and the runny yolk club?  😁

That would have been something to see.  When I fix eggs I have them fried, but DH has them scrambled, which is his preference.  He usually saves the fried eggs for when we are on a BHB.

Lenda

6 hours ago, dfish said:

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just a caveat to the end of our day on the Daily. Eggs over easy and runny Eggs Benedict here. 
Goodnight to all of you. It’s been another fine day of diatribe on the Daily. 😉

I don’t eat breakfast often but do on vacation or a cruise or sometimes for dinner. I like a sunny side up egg and poached eggs. When I make a sunny side up egg I put a lid on to cook the white but you have to be careful because sometimes it can overcook. Yummy on fried rice or hash. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, tupper10 said:

I

Good luck with your back surgery and congratulations on the birth of your new grandchild a baby girl.

• Like 4