Do all cruise lines shut their websites down on weekends or just Celebrity?

Alakegirl

Celebrity usually does their  updates on weekend but shouldn't take their website down. Often when they update the mess the system up.  

I just checked and I have full access to Celebrity Website.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I can get too other travel websites, airlines, hotels, resorts, trains, ferries, but here it is Sunday morning and once again I can’t sign into Celebrity. Very frustrating.

Nothing to do with Celebrity,  we can sign in just fine.  must be a problem on your end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're having trouble, try accessing the web site in a "private" or "incognito" window. Those should work when your normal browser window is having trouble.

If that still doesn't work, try a different browser. My default is Firefox, but then I try Chrome, and lastly try Edge. If you're on an Apple device I'm not sure what the alternatives to Safari are, but I'm sure they're out there. Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

Update, it is now Monday morning and I was able to log into my Celebrity account with no problem so I conclude that it was something happening on Celebrity end .  I changed nothing at my end. And I come back to my original question, is Celebrity the only line that routinely take down all or part of its website on the weekends?  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

And I come back to my original question, is Celebrity the only line that routinely take down all or part of its website on the weekends?  

That's simply a conclusion you've drawn from your recent experienc and it's not well supported.  I had zero problem over the weekend with the Celebrity website and it seems as though others had no issues.  Good that you're back on line and can do whatever business is necessary.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Update, it is now Monday morning and I was able to log into my Celebrity account with no problem so I conclude that it was something happening on Celebrity end .  I changed nothing at my end. And I come back to my original question, is Celebrity the only line that routinely take down all or part of its website on the weekends?  

A lot of things can go wrong anywhere between your end and Celebrity's end so just because you didn't change anything doesn't mean it was Celebrity's fault.

And no, I don't see Celebrity's website down often.  I did notice recently though that Princess's website had a statement it was going to be down overnight one night for a few hours, something that on rare occasions can happen with any website.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

And I come back to my original question, is Celebrity the only line that routinely take down all or part of its website on the weekends?  

Your question isn't valid because that doesn't happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

A quick CruiseCritic search shows me that Oceania, Norwegian, P&O, MSC, HAL and  Princess passengers have all reported weekend website issues in addition to reports from Celebrity passengers so It seems that it’s a pretty common problem. 

Really?  A few people on Cruise Critic, which is a very small population with a lot of members who will complain about anything... real or imagined, doesn't exactly sound like a basis for making sweeping conclusions about the availability of cruise line websites.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Never had any particular issue on weekends vs. weekdays.  Sometimes just restart phone.  Others clear cache or just close all open pages.

You likely were on your phone and cleared something that caused the issue.

People having issues with Celebrity app or website are nothing new.  What would be new is if nobody had any issues.

Moving on.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

48 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Even though these people all reported similar problems, but whatever

FE2A45E1-DBBC-44BE-BCB3-0F82C0FAF8A4.png

I also had a BRIEF problem with Celebrity website over the weekend.  I worked in IT but I’ll be told by one of these yahoos that there was a problem on my side.

When I worked in IT you did not say because something worked for the CEO, that anyone else reporting a problem was obviously wrong.  Same here.

The truth is the hamster died and so couldn’t run in the wheel they use to generate power for the website.  No one works on the weekends so nobody knew there was a problem.

Edited by zitsky