The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 14th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Uh, oh!  That's a real fly in the ointment.  His bag didn't make the plane??  Did he include any clothes in your bag?  

No. He has extra chines and something to sleep in.

we’re heading to baggage claim, will talk with them there

• Like 9

Good evening from Fort Lauderdale! I’m here!  Gerry @ger_77, thank you for sharing that I had arrived safe and sound. I had connectivity issues while in transit so haven’t caught up with the Daily but so happy to know @Dismomx5 is here in FLL and @TiogaCruiser is almost here. Susan @AV8rix is taking a red eye tonight. We will all breathe as sigh of relief when we board tomorrow. 

My journey started about 2:00 pm PST yesterday and arrived in Miami at 8:30am this morning. The HAL driver, who kept in touch with me and called me at least 5 times, personally met me at baggage claim, handled my luggage for me and drove me in a huge luxury vehicle (almost a limo) to my hotel. Poor thing, he kept trying to chat and show me things but I couldn’t look very often at what he was showing me, I have a huge issue with driving, especially on freeways. I did look as we drove by the FLL airport and saw water still everywhere and in the low lying areas. Then when we got off the freeway he pointed out numerous vehicles that had been stranded during the flooding, some were up on curbs and/or backwards. He said at the worst that cars were abandoned everywhere. 

I was in no shape to do much after getting to the hotel, just unpacked what I needed, then went to an early lunch in the hotel and back for a 3 hour nap. After I finish this I’m going for an early dinner since I’m still feeling weary. 

Thank you all for your good wishes and the extraordinary help you gave @TiogaCruiser. We truly are a special group of friends. 

BTW, I don’t see a Sailaway thread for tomorrow. Do you know if @leerathje is planning one?  Maybe I missed it through my bleary eyes. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

What a nightmare some of you have had to go through in order to go on what should be a wonderful cruise experience. I do pray all works out.

You can feel the buzz amongst the crew as they have their big Raffle Night. Evidently Hal provides the prizes and some are not too shabby. Macintosh Lap Top, new Samsung phone, Nintendo game etc. They work so hard and so deserve such an evening.

Seems weird posting, knowing many of you are through dinner and settling in for the night. Will get weirder as we travel further West.

Have a great weekend.

Bruce

• Like 18

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Laura and DH @TiogaCruiser are on the ground in Ft. Myers.  Pop open the champagne!🥂  This group of Dailyites will have quite a few stories to tell.

I’m afraid we’re not yet done with our piece of the story.

Just arrived at hotel. We are very close to RSW. 
When we got to baggage claim everyone was gone (we were at the back of the plane and many had carry ons) and 3 bags were at the office. One was mine. DH ‘s AirTag kept updating showing no movement.

The agent was able to confirm it in the system at ORD. There are 2 more flights tonight ( last out at 8:00p) and we have a number to call to confirm it loading.

The hotel has a 24 hour desk, and shuttle driver works until 1:00a. We didn’t want to risk sending it to FLL, but I’m not sure we even have a say in it.  There’s a Target across the street and the shuttle can take us. (DH really hates to shop. (But I think he would hate the alternative if the bag doesn’t arrive.😳))

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

56 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Seems weird posting, knowing many of you are through dinner and settling in for the night. Will get weirder as we travel further West.

Have a great weekend.

Bruce

😉 You’ve got that right! LOL

🤭

(As a California native, I’m teasing.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

When we got to baggage claim everyone was gone (we were at the back of the plane and many had carry ons) and 3 bags were at the office. One was mine. DH ‘s AirTag kept updating showing no movement.

The agent was able to confirm it in the system at ORD. There are 2 more flights tonight ( last out at 8:00p) and we have a number to call to confirm it loading.

The hotel has a 24 hour desk, and shuttle driver works until 1:00a. We didn’t want to risk sending it to FLL, but I’m not sure we even have a say in it.  There’s a Target across the street and the shuttle can take us. (DH really hates to shop. (But I think he would hate the alternative if the bag doesn’t arrive.😳))

They had plenty of time to get your bag on your plane. If you could make it, the bag should have made it too.  I hope it arrives on one of the flights tonight.  Praying you get it delivered soon.

• Like 14

Happy Friday!  Great to hear that people are making it to FLL.  Fingers crossed that all of the luggage gets there also.  Have a great cruise.  

@cruising sisterSorry to hear about the loss in your family...prayers for everyone.

@luvteachingGood to hear that your DH seems to be settled in the new facility.  Prayers that his recovery is quick and easy.  

Have a great weekend!  Karen

• Like 10

Glad everyone made it to Fl. Now we just have to hope @TiogaCruiser's husband's luggage makes it as well.  Your travel insurance will cover the cost of clothing if you have trip interruption insurance so make sure you keep receipts for anything you buy.  

Good luck to all and hoping everyone has a fabulous cruise. Wave to us tomorrow!!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

We can’t get ahold of a live person. We were supposed to call to confirm that the bag was loaded on the first or second flight.

Meanwhile- Looks like the AirTag is on the move:

IMG_0061.png

IMG_0064.png

Why, oh why did I name it Rover1?

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 8
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

We can’t get ahold of a live person. We were supposed to call to confirm that the bag was loaded on the first or second flight.

Meanwhile- Looks like the AirTag is on the move:

IMG_0061.png

IMG_0064.png

Where's it going?  Where, where, where?

We are definitely buying some airtags for our luggage!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just got call from United, confirming his bag is on its way and due in at RSW a little after 10:00p. We’ll get back on the shuttle and pick it up.

The plane was FULL, so we think they just ran out of space.

Now we’re heading to get dinner.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening from Fort Lauderdale! I’m here!  Gerry @ger_77, thank you for sharing that I had arrived safe and sound. I had connectivity issues while in transit so haven’t caught up with the Daily but so happy to know @Dismomx5 is here in FLL and @TiogaCruiser is almost here. Susan @AV8rix is taking a red eye tonight. We will all breathe as sigh of relief when we board tomorrow. 

My journey started about 2:00 pm PST yesterday and arrived in Miami at 8:30am this morning. The HAL driver, who kept in touch with me and called me at least 5 times, personally met me at baggage claim, handled my luggage for me and drove me in a huge luxury vehicle (almost a limo) to my hotel. Poor thing, he kept trying to chat and show me things but I couldn’t look very often at what he was showing me, I have a huge issue with driving, especially on freeways. I did look as we drove by the FLL airport and saw water still everywhere and in the low lying areas. Then when we got off the freeway he pointed out numerous vehicles that had been stranded during the flooding, some were up on curbs and/or backwards. He said at the worst that cars were abandoned everywhere. 

I was in no shape to do much after getting to the hotel, just unpacked what I needed, then went to an early lunch in the hotel and back for a 3 hour nap. After I finish this I’m going for an early dinner since I’m still feeling weary. 

Thank you all for your good wishes and the extraordinary help you gave @TiogaCruiser. We truly are a special group of friends. 

BTW, I don’t see a Sailaway thread for tomorrow. Do you know if @leerathje is planning one?  Maybe I missed it through my bleary eyes. 

Talk about timing.....Sailaway thread is up!  Hope all goes well tomorrow!

Leanne

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I'm so glad, Sharon, that you made it to FLL even though a little late.  Rest up tonight as the party starts tomorrow!

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

No. He has extra chines and something to sleep in.

we’re heading to baggage claim, will talk with them there

38 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

There are worse things than shopping.  But take the time to rest up.  You deserve to put your feet up and have a glass of wine.

4 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Just got call from United, confirming his bag is on its way and due in a little after 10:00p. 

The plane was FULL, so we think they just ran out of space.

Wonderful news!   So, you can relax and enjoy that glass of wine.   So glad the Dailyites are almost all in Florida.  Will keep the fingers and toes crossed until @AV8rix Susan arrives and @TiogaCruiser and DH make it from Fort Myers to the ship.  Safe travels to you all tomorrow on your way to the ship.

• Like 15

Wow!  Reading the last two pages was like an action movie.  Had to laugh at Rovers name.  

@ger_77 @JazzyV @kazu  I am no where near saint hood.  I do this because I am not very good with money -2 didnt marry money- 3 I love to cruise. Cruising is an addiction for me, the absolute best vacation, where once I am on board, I have no worries, no cares, no chores, no jobs, and my self centered side takes over.  I'm the queen of the seas.   And I spend most of my time people watching or sea watching, or food watching.  I could have gotten addicted to motor cycle riding.....and had a garage full of bikes.  ( I already have a room full of guitars).

I have been in customer service for a very long time, or as I call it "cussed out service", and my greatest joy is when I can make a jerk happy.  He will walk away, and then come back and buy again, but I have never met a larger dweeb than the one last night. And the sad part was,  he was right about me not knowing much about Friends of Lincoln Center.  When the bosses have all worked it for years, they simply pull from past  history of the place, I haven't lived in the tri state area since 1979, and back then I was more interested in walking in the woods, than dancing under a disco ball in the middle of a city.  And I am still the same way.  So I need to understand exactly what we do, not draw from "during covid" or back in the 1990's....Luckily, I didnt have to work that "gig" today, but will be back tomorrow morning with them.  I worked my second to last day at the bowl, and talked to one person.  Who I helped, but didn't sell to.  And that is still OK, because, like a gardener, I "Planted a seed". 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2