Helipad Send-Off Still Happening?

Welly09

Hi all. On past Celebrity Summit cruises from NJ to Bermuda, Captain's Club members were invited to a send-off party on the helipad of the ship while leaving NJ and sailing through the harbor. I called Celebrity and the rep I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone know if they still do this? Thanks!

On our February 2023 Reflection cruise, Concierge and Suites were invited to the helipad while sailing out of Nassau.  We were up there for almost an hour, due to a medical emergency on the ship.  That cruise, they called "Starcode, Starcode, Starcode" almost every day for medical emergencies.  Pulling into Nassau, we heard "Oscar, Oscar, Oscar" then "Coast Guard, Coast Guard, Coast Guard" because there was a body floating in the water as we docked. 

Not a boring cruise,  lol! 

I was invited for the sail away on Summit from Bermuda yesterday. There weren’t a lot there.  It had rained, skies gray.  After awhile it started to rain so everyone left.  Free drinks offered.  EM

Go to the theater before sail away and look for people that are standing around.    They are waiting to get on to the helipad.  Join in.   No one checks to see if you are on the invite list.   I doubt if they have a list.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Probably a wedding crasher, too😀

Funny that you would say that.    I lived in a polish neighborhood.  It was nothing to have 1000 people attending  the wedding reception.   They would have dinner seatings  every hour on the hour.  Many would go to the first and then later on in the night to get their monies worth.   Thee was a hall near us called Dom Polski (home of the Polish}.  

My cousin and I and the bright idea to crash the hall and get free food and drinks.  How could anyone know if we were invited.  We dressed up in suits  that we got from the Salvation Army and walked in.  Someone approached us and asked who we were and  we said friends of the groom.  It was a birthday party for their 90 year old Babcia (grandmother)😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, miched said:

Go to the theater before sail away and look for people that are standing around.    They are waiting to get on to the helipad.  Join in.   No one checks to see if you are on the invite list.   I doubt if they have a list.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Many times invited to helipad and not once sent to wait at the theater.

Also we have had out invites checked on some cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Many times invited to helipad and not once sent to wait at the theater.

"M" Class ships the access to the helipad is through a door on the forward part of the theater balcony on deck 5 next to the stage.  So the meeting point on the invite is the theater.

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

So much better aft, shielded from the wind and have the option to find shade if wanted.  Sunset bar if you’re willing to go early or the outdoor seating section at the buffet 

I had a better view from my SV on deck 10.

On 6/9/2023 at 12:35 PM, Welly09 said:

Hi all. On past Celebrity Summit cruises from NJ to Bermuda, Captain's Club members were invited to a send-off party on the helipad of the ship while leaving NJ and sailing through the harbor. I called Celebrity and the rep I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone know if they still do this? Thanks!

Just off the Equinox and on our Sailaway from FLL June 4th only the retreat guests were invited for the helipad Sailaway. 

9 hours ago, Welly09 said:

Thanks so much everyone! I’m traveling with my four year old and I’m not sure it’s even a good idea. But I’ll certainly keep an eye out for my invite! Thank you! 

The railings on the helipad can easily be climbed up or though. I have never seen a child on any of my many times out there

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

The railings on the helipad can easily be climbed up or though. I have never seen a child on any of my many times out there

The invite we got last week to the helipad 9n the Equinox, said it was restricted to children 12 and older. We took our 12 year old Granddaughter with us. Also closed toed shoes were required.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Welly09 said:

Thanks so much everyone! I’m traveling with my four year old and I’m not sure it’s even a good idea. But I’ll certainly keep an eye out for my invite! Thank you! 

It is definitely NOT a good idea,  😐