The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 11th, 2023

richwmn

It turns out Cadiz (Seville) was also the port of the day on November 5, 2021.  Here is a link to that thread if anyone is interested.

The first time we were in Cadiz on April 28, 2004, on Noordam III, we took the train into Seville for the day.  We toured the Royal Alcazar and the Plaza de Espana, in addition to taking the Ho-Ho even though it was a rainy day.  We saved the Cathedral for our next visit to Seville  in 2009.

The train

IMG_2665.thumb.JPG.4dfe31d8aceaa4155ad829344de3a390.JPG

The Royal Alcazar

IMG_2667.thumb.JPG.d6695b2ff2f052345dc1c456facd0e25.JPG

IMG_2673.thumb.JPG.667a7a7eee5c01c915dbf186b8617057.JPG

IMG_2671.thumb.JPG.3e55d807557839dddc760bd8a32dfb48.JPG

IMG_2683.thumb.JPG.1804b0fdffe5e425c5476646464fea19.JPG

The riverfront

IMG_2693.thumb.JPG.32b76d5a1981c42ebac59352c07bb801.JPG

IMG_2694.thumb.JPG.d0117a68b4152d079aa3feb5562b410c.JPG

Plaza de Espana

IMG_2699.thumb.JPG.01fe0e9cd98d988b7a875748af8ced42.JPG

IMG_2699.thumb.JPG.01fe0e9cd98d988b7a875748af8ced42.JPG

IMG_2700.thumb.JPG.658747156c2438094c4a8132337bd748.JPG

IMG_2703.thumb.JPG.614e99962eafa5700f28b0284027abe5.JPG

IMG_2710.thumb.JPG.2c4a5bf5828d281de17075274fb89a14.JPG

IMG_2712.thumb.JPG.250d3e3bebff4a86bac334dc554c7a8a.JPG

Lenda

IMG_2705.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning to all.  

Thank you to Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report and to Vanessa @JazzyV for our Cares and Celebration List,  to Dixie @summer slope to keep us hydrated and to Ann @cat shepard to tell us about the lovely wine.  Lest I forget Graham @grapau27 for brining us Father David every week and educating us about the days we celebrate.

@DeniseT Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday.  Hope it was a special day.

Yesterday was an interesting day.  My cleaning lady never showed because the bridge from Savannah was closed and she couldn’t get here.  So guess who cleaned the house.  Well, I didn’t do all of it and I didn’t do it as well as she does it, but the main stuff got done.  It wasn’t on my agenda, but it’s done.  I won’t see her until I get home from our trip.  

So yesterday i wanted to get all the finances in order.  That is now today’s project.  

Than putting more clothes on the bed in the spare room that I will pack.  Got all the meds together this morning.  So that is done.  

By the way, Vanessa, you can take me off the Cares List.  I am doing better.  The flare up has subsided since I am back on the prednisone.

Interesting collection of days.  I like Corn on the Cob.  I will eat it every chance I get.  

Hats off to King Kamehameha and Jacques Cousteau.  Interesting people.

The wine sounds nice, but with the shipping would be way beyond my budget.  Maybe the drink of the day instead.

As for the food.  Yesterday I went to our local butcher who has a variety of home made frozen meals and got enough meals for the rest of our time home.   I have enough to do the next few days without having to cook as well.  So tonight we have Chicken stuffed with Spinach and Artichokes with stuffed mushrooms and potato salad.    

You know it is getting close when Delta airlines sends you a message to select your meals.  We did that last night.  

So Friday we drive to Jacksonville and then on Saturday we fly to JFK and then to London.  We are spending three days in London before heading to Southampton to embark on the Marina for 32 days. 

I am so ready for this cruise.

I am praying for all those on the Cares List.  There are many with serious issues and I remember each of you every day.  

Cheers to those celebrating/

I have been to Seville a few times.  The first was in 1982 (before digital photography) when we spent a few days there on a land trip.  We went back in 1987.   The last time was last Spring when we were on the Nautica.  While the ship docked in Seville for two days, we were still in isolation for one of those days.  The second day we managed to get ourselves to the Cathedral, but I was so exhausted.  When we got back to the ship I went to bed and stayed there until the next morning.

Seville is a beautiful city and hope I can return someday.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Stay safe and God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry your house cleaner could not make it yesterday, but I'm happy your flare-up has subsided.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Beautiful day today. I will be cutting the grass today. 

I love salmon so anytime I can order it I do. When I was on my cruise, I ordered it all the time. 

After I cut the grass today, I will sit outside and enjoy nature. It is a huge difference here than in Alaska. My allergies have returned. 

Thinking of you all and holding you in my prayers. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 21

Good morning Dailyites. Blessings lifted on this beautiful Sunday morning. 

My goodness we have so many here to pray for today. I'm hoping those in need are feeling our heartfelt prayers. 

Thankful for this day in history.  

I used to love salmon. I got a nasty slimy piece of it (in Alaska) years ago on an NCL cruise. I was ill for a day after and haven't been able to bring myself to eat it since.

The next 10 days will be so, so hot! 101 to 107 for the forecast! I took our house guest for a walk at 6:45 and it was 73. We are on water restrictions to boot..

Take care, have a lovely day and see ya'll here tomorrow if not sooner.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We love corn on the cob and buy it often.  Although we've never been to Hawaii, we know the significance of King Kamehameha to that state.  I remember sitting on the couch with my parents watching Jacques Cousteau on the black and white television.

Another bright sunny day in the offing for us with just a hint of wind that might keep the mosquitos at bay for those watching soccer and baseball in the parks today.  We had a surprise visit from our Ukrainian friends yesterday - they called first to see if we were home - and they brought us gifts.  They said they really wanted to express their gratitude for all we've done for them, and presented each of us with intricately embroidered shirts/blouses.  Oh my gosh, I have a general idea of what they must have paid for them, and it's way out of line, but they insisted we have them.  We were overwhelmed by their generosity toward us.  During our visit, they wanted to know how to go about renting an RV so they could go to Banff and see the mountains.  We gave them a few ideas of places they could contact, and will help them with planning their excursion.

@Denise T a belated Happy Birthday to you - I didn't get back here yesterday to wish you well.  I hope you have a wonderful year ahead.

@kazu I'm so glad you finally got through all the paperwork - what a drudge that is!  I'm happy to hear most of the fires are being kept under control.

@loveandpeas thank you for sharing your recipe - it isn't quite like my mom's, but it is Delicious!!!  DH's only request was that I cut the rhubarb into thin little pieces, which I did, so he was very happy with the results.  There was too much custard for the 9" pie shell (Tenderflake frozen), so I greased a small loaf pan and baked it alongside the pie - it was yummy!

Pie.JPG.e6e1166051135f232adadd593a712bb5.JPG

Today it's a matter of running the vacuum all through the house, and then swiffering off the deck (a never ending job out there) before our friends come in from out of town tomorrow.  I think they're only staying 1 night, and believe they're taking us out for dinner tomorrow, but I'll prepare something just in case.   I'd like the drink of the day, but thought it might have nectarines in it, would like to try the wine, and am definitely going to make today's menu suggestion, as we love salmon.  When we went for groceries yesterday we bought a rotisserie chicken, so tonight we'll be enjoying reheated chicken, garlic parmesan potatoes and coleslaw on the deck.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 26

Good Morning, thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It's a beautiful day here in New England.  After breakfast I washed the rest of the outside of the house. No more green slime.  Yesterday I put out a new gourd and the birds are busy turning in into a home.  I'm not sure what's next on today's agenda but for now I'm sitting outside taking a break. The birds are chirping and I'm enjoying some mint tea without worrying about sharing with Amelia. 

20230611_093038.thumb.jpg.502206f885aaac46f9a195430af96f3e.jpg

• Like 22

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  

I love any quote by Marcus Aurelius, as he makes me think.   

@grapau27Thank you for Father David.  I wonder if he ever forgave the other person who angered him. 

@StLouisCruisersThe minute I read your sentence about waiting for the rain, the skies opened up and it poured for two minutes, and then stopped.  But now I am hearing thunder in the distance.  So I guess that rain is our forecast for today.  Not a problem, we have been quite dry, and our county is always under a water restriction.  Bring it on!  

I need to go back to the grocery store again.  With 3 campaigns, I wrote out my schedule yesterday for next week.  I need to figure out what i can make in the mornings, for lunch and dinner, and then take what ever out that I made and cook it while I'm working.  I only get 3 nights off this week,  Monday for Chuck's birthday, Friday and Saturday because the bosses don't want to work their time past 4 (my time is 6) on the weekends .  The jobs have to equal 39 hours, and two of them must be worked during assigned times.  The major campaign is when ever...but not to exceed 8 hours a day when combined with the other two jobs....

I love all the pictures of Seville, but have to admit that it does remind me of the movie Victor/Victoria every time I hear the word Seville.

We watched Living last night.  A slow british film with a sad but uplifting story to tell.  Since I love Bill Nighy I thought i would give it a watch.  The Chelsea flower show on Britbox was more exciting. 

Off to make a grocery list, I know that quiche will be served this week.  And lots of left overs. 

95ba546796caf4635ed0f034ed98202f.jpg

df893368ae75b4bdbaa33e51126434fc.jpg

retail-plastic_bag-grocery_store-grocery_shopping-grocery_shops-supermarkets-cwln2055_low.jpg

Grocery-store-bag-700.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning. It’s supposed to get near 90 today and then rain tomorrow. 
I plan on having corn on the cob for dinner tonight. 
I was in Seville on April 9 2017, it was Palm Sunday. We got to see a little bit of the procession. It was outstanding. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

IMG_0490.jpeg

IMG_0488.jpeg

IMG_0482.jpeg

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0483.jpeg

Nice photos.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I found some pictures from Seville when we were there in 2009 on the Tahitian Princess.  That day, we took the transfer into Seville and did the Ho-Ho with time to walk around before catching the bus back to the ship.

These pictures are random pictures of Seville that are not of the main tourist attractions.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of many of them.   I always enjoy the different architecture of the city.

IMG_6807.thumb.JPG.764f96c7fbfd1c4de645b74e422704d8.JPG

IMG_6814.thumb.JPG.e00eee35d7f842e1835952abc3b03c66.JPG

IMG_6822.thumb.JPG.6ca55f389829a9fbcf0be8a52f5b877f.JPG

IMG_6829.thumb.JPG.1940542c49b0c36fd6dd2a2ee763e145.JPG

IMG_6912.thumb.JPG.3d9775554bac0e84e898bc237858bf57.JPG

IMG_6834.JPG

The bull ring

IMG_6831.thumb.JPG.8b70c04a7994528b123b02d7ec84551a.JPG

I'm not sure about this building, but it has the look of a train station.  Maybe someone can identify it.

IMG_6835.thumb.JPG.0cdc3b32337486fba3062a5274eda82f.JPG

Pedestrian streets

IMG_6902.thumb.JPG.012ac1a2dc1dd4b01b99ea73b46ba3f3.JPG

IMG_6905.thumb.JPG.bb1e4b3675d92bd40b7c0ba8327f7428.JPG

For the garden club and garden club auxiliary to get us in the mood for summer.

IMG_6938.thumb.JPG.5bad7222ec4cc2e14a592fa3ffb6e105.JPG

We were not the only ship in port that day.  So even though we were not on a BHB, I can include a BHB in the pictures, Rotterdam VI.

IMG_6942.thumb.JPG.4549876697371de2d0c765a032e8514a.JPG

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I have another sunset today from my 2015 Prinsendam cruise.  On June 11 we visited Killybegs, Ireland.

dusk0611.jpg

Roy

I thought you might like this Roy from our balcony on our cruise.

Graham.

IMG_20230602_205818.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good morning,

I have a few hours of quiet until I am invading by munchkins this afternoon. It is rainy day so play will be indoors. 

I am getting a little overwhelmed with all the activity on my Grand Australia cruise roll call.  Shore excursions are starting to come out on HAL and private excursions are flying by on the roll call. I am afraid of missing something. There is a great spreadsheet but I need to organize one just for me to keep track of what I signed up for.  94 days is a lot to keep up with. 

Prayers and good wishes to all. Have a great day. 

• Like 17

I could make the salmon today if I were to substitute lemon for lime, but I had poached salmon for lunch yesterday, so I'll wait until I can get a lime or two. I'm not very enthusiastic about the cocktail but might like the wine. I plan to visit Seville this fall during the Spanish Farewell.

The poached salmon was at a lunch for our rabbi and his family as they prepare to move to a larger city where he has a new job. He is much beloved even by people who complain all the time, so it wasn't a totally happy occasion but no one cried. The morning service before the lunch was almost fantastically elaborate, with choir (they hadn't sung together since the fall holidays), two cantorial soloists--our regular one, who is a member, and a music teacher in the public schools who commutes here five days a week for his job and is probably too tired to return on Saturdays; he has been studying traditional cantorial modes and wants to study to be a professional cantor. Also seven Torah readers; I was one and got the longest section. Another, born in Russia, was a member reading Torah for the first time ever, and a third, doing it for only the second time, was one of my Hebrew students. She is a French teacher and reads Hebrew with a charming French accent.

The air quality has improved to 75. It will be lower tomorrow, perhaps because of rain that's predicted.

Entirely by coincidence, I'll be attending a webinar later this week with interpretive staff from Canyonlands and Arches. The topic is interpreting science to the public, not specific to those parks.

yogafordogs.thumb.jpg.ee3457e767b1e5940097e4a5ff54e3e3.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 6

Good morning all!

Good collection of days and we also love corn on the cob.  Maybe will pick up some for tonight.

I thought we'd been to Seville, but no, only to Cadiz a few times.  Thanks to all for the amazing photos.  I won't try to name everyone, lest I leave someone out!  Will pass on the red wine and sweet drink.  Debbie @dfish I'm going to make the last recipe tonight.  We have a lot of salmon in the freezer.  Of course, no surprise, I'll leave out the cilantro!  Instead I'll add some of my homegrown parsley and basil.  

Lorraine @cruising sister I hear you about the activity on our roll call!  Do you have notifications turned on if anyone posts?  It helps to not miss anything. Those private tours go fast!!   This morning I spent over an hour going over my personal spreadsheet, booked excursions, and the roll call spreadsheet.  So much to keep up with and we still have over 6 months to go!  

Today our 2-day rain is ending so I'll get out in the garden.  All I could do those 2 days was try to keep up with the slugs, who came out in force with the first rain. 😞  

I hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 18

A afternoon at Fatima. One the most revered pilgrimage places for Catholics. It is here the Blessed Virgin appeared to three shepherd children in 1917. The large Oak tree over 100 years is where they saw Blessed Virgin.

made a mistake earlier. We stay in Lisbon tonight but leave at 4:00 PM tomorrow.

image.thumb.jpeg.d1300ad410dfe2335c5db9c38bc32ebc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f24384e87c34cbbd4b7ae02cb90a603f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.add7fdfabe9bf9b1bc5d0d58e0193235.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.141325fbaa1aa2c0526e4823cea516d5.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like corn on the cob (Jersey corn!), and will salute King Kamehameha and Cousteau. I like the quote. Pass on the meal (fish), drink and wine ($$$). I have been to Seville Spain.

It's another partly sunny and warm day today, but rain is forecast for tonight, which we really need. There's still a bit of smoke, but particulates are down to 94, with ozone 64. I'm feeling somewhat better, although still with some respiratory symptoms. Despite watching the French Open, I'm getting a few things done, including paying bills. I had a call yesterday from a mentor of mine, who with his wife were like my PA parents when my DM was in NJ and after her passing. They will be celebrating their 69th wedding anniversary later this month, and were inviting me to a party! He'll be 96 this fall, and his bride is a couple of years younger.

@0106 Nice photos.

@grapau27 Thanks for the link to Fr. David's sermon. And welcome home! Lovely photos.

@cat shepard Thanks for the wine info. Unfortunately with the state control of alcohol here in PA, no wine at Aldi's. It's only been recently that some grocery stores have been allowed to sell wine.

@kazu Good news on the progress against the NS fires. And yay for finishing the paperwork! 

@smitty34877 I'm glad you spoke up and asked for family help; sometimes it's hard to ask, but necessary.

@1ANGELCAT @Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you're feeling better with the prednisone.

@Heartgrove Thanks for sharing Sue's photos.

@Seasick Sailor Be safe in that heat! Sorry you have water restrictions too.

@ger_77 That was so nice of your Ukrainian friends. 

@marshhawk You're quite busy, so a schedule will be helpful. 

@cruising sister Wow, 94 days is a lot to keep up with. 

@kochleffel That sounds like it was quite the service and lunch for your departing rabbi. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

From a land trip in 2004

Plaza de Espana, Seville

1192146805_061-PlazadeEspana.thumb.jpg.ad9b0f1d1ad0f191d0296c2df874c8d2.jpg

1930033047_060-TiledalcovesatthePlazadeEspanaSevilla.thumb.JPG.14656c86fa0e353edd862b6aff2f40e7.JPG

The Cathedral in Seville

074.thumb.JPG.4d802509ac93cd282a2d306829a465da.JPG

Columbus Tomb

2063920716_077-TombofColumbus.thumb.jpg.57a324dbe6a696566c381198a4ec9325.jpg

Alcazar

798514195_098-RealAlcazardeSevilla.thumb.JPG.6270437f688f4127b191c9cc1bb85882.JPG

100.thumb.JPG.c7909968c0a489b819e8144d058fdf38.JPG

Real Maestranza Bullring

1876784201_109-RealMaestranzaBullringSevilla.thumb.jpg.0ee9de50515a192640612ed684dd07e7.jpg

1899928972_113-RealMaestranzaRoyalBox.thumb.JPG.609f4706824e27a08451581ef42f7b8f.JPG

The Torre del Oro

840175905_106-TheTorreDelOroSevilla.thumb.JPG.84220351b7a76cbfaa3db4b046b06f76.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I have a few hours of quiet until I am invading by munchkins this afternoon. It is rainy day so play will be indoors. 

I am getting a little overwhelmed with all the activity on my Grand Australia cruise roll call.  Shore excursions are starting to come out on HAL and private excursions are flying by on the roll call. I am afraid of missing something. There is a great spreadsheet but I need to organize one just for me to keep track of what I signed up for.  94 days is a lot to keep up with. 

Prayers and good wishes to all. Have a great day. 

I hear you on trying to keep up with Grand Australia. I am getting a bit rattled and am going to have to organize myself both for the excursions and for what I have to get done before leaving. I find I don't manage things as well as I did in the past.

Susan

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Clearing out my dad’s house I found a picture that I didn’t know existed. It was taken right around our wedding in February 1970. My paternal grandmother and my future in laws travelled over from Germany to be part of the celebration. 
left to right- my mother, my maternal grandmother, my paternal grandmother, my mother in law and me.

545BD041-75C5-4FCE-8F91-C39269E7AA06.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

A few pictures from our second visit to Sevilla , Spain in 2014

Went again to the Plaza  d’ Espagna which was build in 1928 for the in 1929 held for the Ibero - American Exposition , a gorgeous place 

image.thumb.jpeg.bb6d163d83383fee90aeaa94694fb773.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.49bb9e7533d3465ce0ef94529d2db3b1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.82c73c77f8959d92358afc994044ca29.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.323efa318b881a1c791b28fedfd939c7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e7a5009d132a1985e5897141e1668089.jpeg

Going through the old Jewish quarter to the Cathedral , smelling the beautiful aroma of the orange blossoms .

image.thumb.jpeg.a2655a1cf485a6fabc6d21aa5876df27.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2ea4ef6827f24010cf728054392dab0f.jpeg

I found the Barber of Seville ……….

image.thumb.jpeg.d33de6c28b3062b6394d80c31c47f2b4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8524da1d1a91563d16cc6d256af10bb5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2cc31c9de0bcb7e370e2dda65bc9d64c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cd09ddcbc26a13eabbe2cbbf23a0bdee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb963b9aeca99d98b7ada3d0beb07e52.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ae02bba3e892ff79aa4ec8dc83de8ab1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ffbaceeeac09156605b6d8b51f64bc04.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.be97a4557725553a935c57c8f3985815.jpeg

Have a wonderful Sunday everybody