Be considerate!

cole'snana

Just back from a cruise in Summit! Enjoyed everything about the ship. However, please be considerate of your neighboring cabins. Our neighbors keep their TV at a loud volume until 2:00 AM, after the 2nd night of this, I knocked on their door at 1:30 AM and asked if they could turn the volume down. They did, but even with it lowered, they had it on every night until very late hours and we could hear it, even with ear plugs in, and it made it difficult to sleep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cole'snana said:

Just back from a cruise in Summit! Enjoyed everything about the ship. However, please be considerate of your neighboring cabins. Our neighbors keep their TV at a loud volume until 2:00 AM, after the 2nd night of this, I knocked on their door at 1:30 AM and asked if they could turn the volume down. They did, but even with it lowered, they had it on every night until very late hours and we could hear it, even with ear plugs in, and it made it difficult to sleep.

What we have noticed the last year or two - little consideration of others. Sad. we were taught to think of others

• Like 6

Or when people who party late come back to their rooms loudly down the hall every night at 2:00 am. Hard for me to get a good nights sleep and feel rested for a busy day touring on shore. What are they doing each day? Sleeping and staying on board? 

• Like 5

Our neighbours this cruise had 2 very noisy children, who were allowed to shout & scream on the balcony, slam the door about 30 times a day, and run around the corridors banging on other peoples doors! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cole'snana said:

Don't suffer - report it immediately to Guest Relations - it's your cruise too. We have had to do this on a couple of occasions and action was taken swiftly. As a back up, just in case you need to escalate the issue, make sure you note the date, time and person you spoke to. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

It irks me when the occupants in the adjoining cabin leaves at 6 am and slams the door when exiting.

If the cabin next to me is being loud and keeping me up at night (or worse waking me up once I'm asleep), they'll be treated to the door slam in the morning. Turn about's fair play.

Otherwise I make sure to close it softly (which is easy since I know not to leave my balcony door open).

• Like 4

We had what we thought would be a nice  peaceful SV  for 2 on EDGE. 

Unfortunately, our next door neighbors  used their cabin and outdoor balc as party central for a large group of pals from morning into the night ..think frat boy fun!   For them  not us..  We used our balc  ONLY went they left for meals and replenishment of alcohol! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

We have had to do this on a couple of occasions and action was taken swiftly. 

Just curious, what action was taken?  I’ve read reports on Carnival about how action against inconsiderate passengers is met with reluctance by the staff. I know we are talking about Celebrity but just wondering what the staff do differently. 

4 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

The world, and America in particular, society is degrading into a me first society.  It's only going to get worse.

The UK is not far behind you, if at all. Everyone is a victim whose needs must be pampered to otherwise you are infringing their human rights and hurting their poor feelings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just curious, what action was taken?  I’ve read reports on Carnival about how action against inconsiderate passengers is met with reluctance by the staff. I know we are talking about Celebrity but just wondering what the staff do differently. 

Security came and spoke to the passengers. We then received a call from Guest Relations telling us to advise immediately if the noise reoccurred - it didn't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Security came and spoke to the passengers. We then received a call from Guest Relations telling us to advise immediately if the noise reoccurred - it didn't.

I should add that when we reported the incidents we say something like "We are sorry to trouble you and are hoping you can do something to help with ........" We never go in all guns blazing and demanding always remember you catch more with sugar than with salt.

• Like 6

I have wondered if signage in hallways to remind people coming through at night to be considerate could work somewhat? I feel sometimes we all need a reminder. I know it will still be ignored…but might help….somewhat? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think if people have been drinking the signs will not do anything.

I try to be quiet when I leave early for breakfast/coffee because I know people aren't up early like me but then I am sober - that makes a real difference with noise.

Edited by Lena11033
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, all2me said:

I have wondered if signage in hallways to remind people coming through at night to be considerate could work somewhat? I feel sometimes we all need a reminder. I know it will still be ignored…but might help….somewhat? 

On our only Cunard cruise (sorry voyage, the Captain insisted Cunard doesn't do cruises) the door slamming and noise in the corridors was so bad the Cruise Director made a special appeal during his spiel in the theatre for passengers to be more considerate. Did it work? Of course not. Just one of many reasons we have never set foot on a Cunard ship since.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I think if people have been drinking the signs will not do anything.

I try to be quiet when I leave early for breakfast/coffee because I know people aren't up early like me but then I am sober - that makes a real difference with noise.

Yes - like I said, I try to be quiet early in the morning. UNLESS my neighbors have not had that same consideration at night and woke me up. (I'll have a drink or two, but not to the point of being drunk because that is obnoxious and I don't like the feeling then - OR in the morning.)

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yes - like I said, I try to be quiet early in the morning. UNLESS my neighbors have not had that same consideration at night and woke me up. (I'll have a drink or two, but not to the point of being drunk because that is obnoxious and I don't like the feeling then - OR in the morning.)

Same, especially if port intensive because you are up EARLY so getting wasted is a bad idea

My husband who has never been on a cruise said there are people out there that just want to 'get their monies worth' so just eat like pigs and drink a lot and probably don't drink that much at home. So not only do people become drunk they are bad drunks because they can't handle their alcohol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Same, especially if port intensive because you are up EARLY so getting wasted is a bad idea

My husband who has never been on a cruise said there are people out there that just want to 'get their monies worth' so just eat like pigs and drink a lot and probably don't drink that much at home. So not only do people become drunk they are bad drunks because they can't handle their alcohol.

I think most who drink at home drink more on any holiday, not all become inconsiderate slobs, so don’t blame just the booze. I’ve seen very bad behaviour from people stone cold sober.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, all2me said:

I have wondered if signage in hallways to remind people coming through at night to be considerate could work somewhat?

Just for a little humor--- no disrespect intended.

That would work as well as :

Leaving a $100 ( US ) on the floor with a sign that says " Please don't touch ".

Leaving a $100 ( Canadian ) on the floor that says " Please replace with a $100 ( US ) "

Leaving a sign outside the OVC that says " Be respectful of others --  keep your %^$%^& hands out of the food-- don't taste something and drop it back onto the tray if you think no one is looking-- etc.

A few signs that will work :

" Please don't hog lounges and place used towels in the bins ".

" Gratuities appreciated with room service deliveries after 1 am even though Gratuities are included in your booking"

and the " best " one----

" Please don't stare at the old fart ,with the etc, etc, in a bikini , wearing a Rolex , and kisses him every 5 minutes---- it's his granddaughter " 

30 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I think most who drink at home drink more on any holiday, not all become inconsiderate slobs, so don’t blame just the booze. I’ve seen very bad behaviour from people stone cold sober.

• Like 1