What are you missing on Royal Caribbean nowdays? What would you bring back?

Yes saw lot of changes in the cruise business since 1976 the first year wife and I sail even the so call budget ships would put today cruise ships to shame when came to service and food alone but it is what it is life move on

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

"Clothing optional" on top deck. :classic_biggrin:

* I read Virgin Voyages is bringing this back.

OMG! I was just telling my husband that Royal use to have a topless deck. I remember stumbling upon it while looking for an empty lounger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I just don't feel really pampered anymore. We did a B2B in March, and the whole thing just seemed mediocre. I guess the most frustrating part was just trying to get dining reservations for our 3 night package. And we went very early for the second cruise. We are just taking a break, while we do some house stuff, and see if the prices get more reasonable. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Two cabin services each day 

Poolside barbeque on at-sea days 

Tuti Salad in MDR on at-sea days 

Printed Compass without begging 

You can have my printed compass. I keep telling them I dont want them. They ignore it and keep leaving them almost every cruise. I think it's a age thing. Like they have a standing order to give them to everyone over age 65.

I'd vote yes to bringing back the salad in thru Mdr. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Pillow Mints @ turndown service. 😉 

Not too worried about the turndown service but I would like to see the mints return, was nice at the end of the day to have that while reading the compass for the next day.

• Like 3

I agree

Ice sculptures

Late night chocolate buffet with the chocolate fountains

Late night buffet options

Better tasting deserts

Drink servers on pool and sky decks that come to the aft area where I like to read and sunbathe

Would have loved skeet shooting but we weren't cruising those days

We never ate the mints but always a nice touch

• Like 4

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You can have my printed compass. I keep telling them I dont want them. They ignore it and keep leaving them almost every cruise. I think it's a age thing. Like they have a standing order to give them to everyone over age 65.

Our last room steward said they are told to leave paper compass for anyone the age of 70.

• Haha 3

I'd like them to stop the Nickel and Dime crap and reductions in service.  Seems that the once-included things are vanishing and there is an upcharge for far too many things.  Just a couple of examples:

Room Service used to be free/no extra charge

Twice-a-day cabin service

Yes, there used to be trays in the WJ

And many many more things.  I haven't left RCCL, but I think they are approaching the point where I won't be able to afford to cruise anymore, at least as often, and in the category I prefer.

Cruising seems to be moving away from the luxury vacation (regardless of category) it once was and getting closer and closer to the Sardine Can they want to make the ships, all in the interest of larger and larger margins.  I'm a capitalist, for sure, and I don't begrudge them a profit, but I do have MY limits and my limits are reaching the point of that "straw that broke the camel's back", unfortunately.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm mid-50s, but I love my paper Compass.  

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If that salad were available at lunch again, I'd eat it every day.  I don't see that it's all that expensive a thing for Royal to provide.  

• Like 3