Horchata cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Hornitos® Plata Tequila
1/2 part Coconut Water
1/2 part Almond Milk
Cinnamon, Ground
Sugar

Instructions
Add all ingredients to a shaker over ice to chill. Shake, strain and pour into a shot glass rimmed with cinnamon and sugar.

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 7.51.24 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

Another hot sticky MD summer day. I woke during the night with loud thunder, was hoping to get back to sleep. Have a zoom webinar this morning then will get to indoor pool for hip exercises. 

Skagway was my first and maybe my most thrilling port excursion, a helicopter landing on a glacier. DH chose the Eagle Sanctuary float. It was our first cruise, Carnival Spirit 7-day r/t Vancouver. We got hooked! 

@marshhawk Annie, I’m sure Chuck is very glad to be home. All we can do is all we can do, and that’s enough!  Now it’s time for him to take care of himself. 

@smitt7725 Terry, good to hear you and Lou managed through the appointment yesterday. One day at a time is everything. 

Blessings going out to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. Near and far. 
Cheers to those celebrating Life is good!  
Smooth travels to all away, Bon Voyage to our cruisers!  

Maybe meatballs tonight, non-vegan. I still have some from Costco in the freezer. 

Stay safe and we’ll everyone. Maureen

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all,

I woke up to read a flurry of email notifications of itinerary changes to the Grand Australia cruise. Now the task is to see if and what I need to do about private excursions I have booked. At least they gave us plenty of notice. 

I guess if we celebrate day of the dog we should all sleep for the remainder of the day!  

Today will be a cool one and then the heat returns. I need to do my heat training to prepare for my trip to Arizona next month. Luckily I will be indoors the majority of the time I am there. 

Prayers to all in need and have a great day. 

• Like 32

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Good thing you sent me the updated list, so I could keep my job!😎. Couldn’t resist the “fake drama”. Another lovely morning. And we have now had two days with no rain! And Bindi says every day is her day. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping our lists! @0106 Tina, thank you for covering for Debbie! @dfish, Debbie, hope you & Sue have a safe trip today!  @Sharon in AZ Happy Birthday to Craig!

IMG_1514.jpeg.ced3b52d4ac1c56fc925b807e54bb625.jpeg

IMG_1516.jpeg.9ac7743427727375e78890cb3932529d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Unión de Cosecheros de Labastida - Rioja Montebuena 2019

This Rioja is lovely - full bodied, but smooth. Sippable on its own. Great with food. Available from numerous sources with online prices starting at $9.00.

Distributor’s notes

Produced from 100% Tempranillo grapes, which are hand harvested from the Montebuena vineyard.
Brilliant deep ruby red color, fruity aromas .

Montebuena Red has a spicy vanilla bouquet and is smooth and fruity in the mouth with some well-integrated secondary nuances, full-flavored and a persistent pleasant finish. Pairs well with beef & lamb dishes, stews & cheeses.

Review:

"Lots of toasted oak with coffee and chocolate to the ripe-plum character. It’s full-bodied and chewy with a polished undertone. Drink or hold."
- James Suckling (September 2020), 92 pts

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@richwmn

Rich, is this your way of giving me my notice? 😱

“Meal Suggestion for today - Vegan Meatballs
Drink of the Day - Horchata
Wine of the Day -
Destination of the Day - Skagway Alaska US”

Sorry, I should proofread more. I tried to update the master file last night after we chatted and it didn't work. I can't figure out why right now but will later this evening.

we intended today's wine of the day to be Unión de Cosecheros de Labastida - Rioja Montebuena 2019

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Sorry, I should proofread more. I tried to update the master file last night after we chatted and it didn't work. I can't figure out why right now but will later this evening.

we intended today's wine of the day to be Unión de Cosecheros de Labastida - Rioja Montebuena 2019

Thanks Rich. I used the list you sent me last night to post. I just could resist the “fake drama”.  And you really do not have to apologize. Some Dailyites are using the opportunity to share some of their favorites. 

• Like 29

Good Friday Morning Dailyites! 

My apologies for sounding like a brat yesterday.  I do have a dark side.

w9gyz.jpg

We had a storm last night, pitch black by 6:15, my co worker who lives in Buckhead (north of me) got the storm first and was texting to the work group, she posted a visual weather map, and we were in solid red, but while she lost power, we got weird wind, and very little rain.  More expected this evening.

Perhaps a bit bigger storm.

@RMLincoln Your statement "All we can do is all we can do, and that’s enough! " Was the name of the book by A L Williams which was published at the time that I was working for his company.  It is a great life and work philosophy.

18einh.jpg

Friday is my non work day, it's a Formula 1 weekend, I have therapy this morning with another new therapist, and my back got messed up yesterday doing some exercises incorrectly.  

@dfish and @Norseh2oand @Crazy For Cats and @NextOne Have wonderful cruises-all of you!

@JazzyVPlease take off the Catmando family issues, as I think all families have their moments, and we don't need special prayers for that.  We just have to accept and move on.  Thank you.

DH did get his appointment for the Proton Radiation therapist on 7/31-DH will accept all prayers for a cure to his cancer.

Hugs to you all!  Have a wonderful day!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Good cool 66 degrees but 98 % humidity morning. Rained during the night and more is expected for this afternoon. 
I have been to Skagway several times and done the train and a helicopter landing on the glacier.

Not much going on today. Stay cool.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Just got a news alert that Tony Bennett had passed away. RIP

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

We were in Skagway in 2016 with our traveling friend, Dan, who decided to climb over a glacier in a rain/sleet/snow storm.  DH and I headed up to Carcross in a nice warm little bus. 

Heading up into the mountains-

image.thumb.jpeg.86ed05ec2baa8b6d130db57effceb4af.jpeg

The gold of autumn-

image.thumb.jpeg.b9ff290c2ce544b08df3069bb26199ac.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.55d1de6cb7077c85deedc8b60361cf3d.jpeg

The worlds smallest desert

image.thumb.jpeg.8b3436eea9f216a498fdefee352af7f0.jpeg

Town, (tourist shopping area) of Carcross very friendly folks, and they stamped our passports...the only stamp that we got in those and it was our anniversary that day 9/9.

image.thumb.jpeg.057f5e41b8f2eb4333f0069a8d9eb737.jpeg

The blue umbrella was a gift from one of my bosses, I had it for years, and finally lost it on a rainy day in one of my dr's offices.

image.thumb.jpeg.89519246d2c6411b751b2ea1631d479e.jpeg

and the snow started on our way down from the mountains

image.thumb.jpeg.e4f2088d39dc47c6129c404d55878a8e.jpeg

We were very sorry not to get back to Skagway on this last cruise, but we do want to go back again.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

@Sharon in AZ  Happy Birthday to Craig!

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.ba3dcdf302ef78ea18584eb1e917c8f4.jpg

We are all packed here in mid-Michigan.  Our ride to the airport will be here for a 10:00 am departure.  Thank you to everyone wishing us a good and safe trip.  @Crazy For Cats we can't wait to see you tomorrow!  It feels a bit unreal to me right now, but once we get to Boston I'm sure it will be more real.  

Thank you again to Tina @0106.  I know I have left you all in very capable hands.  

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Safe travel wishes and a grand Bon Voyage!

• Like 22

@0106 Tina - Your meatballs have inspired me to widen our horizon and try something new. We are omnivores, but your endorsement prompted me to look carefully at the first recipe. It is now bookmarked for future consideration. Thank you so much.

The Fleet Report continues to be Daily Reading for me most days. I continue to be very appreciative of all the information, photos, and memes, so special thanks to all the regular contributors. You brighten the days of others, even when dealing with challenging events.

We are looking forward to a mini-break with cruising friends next week, in a non-cruise environment. Zoom & FaceTime are wonderful, but it will be terrific to catch up in person.

Navigator advises us that we will board the Zuiderdam in Quebec City about 10 weeks. At this stage of life, we don't like wishing time away, but getting past the 'anticipation' stage will be fabulous!

Wishing all Dailyites a wonderful weekend and Bon Voyage to those who are about to board or are already on board a BHB.

-Cat

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cool 66 degrees but 98 % humidity morning. Rained during the night and more is expected for this afternoon. 
I have been to Skagway several times and done the train and a helicopter landing on the glacier.

Not much going on today. Stay cool.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Just got a news alert that Tony Bennett had passed away. RIP

Oh no... sad on Tony Bennett.

• Like 22

Waiting on our sanctuary owner to stop by to look at Oliver. I noticed a small lump under his neck and she's  coming in a few minutes. I'm still under foster for a 2 week period so I have to call on the sanctuary if there's an issue.

Will post in a bit.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 12

Good morning! Late start here. Daughter and youngest granddaughter headed home this morning. The nurse has to work tomorrow. The high maintenance seven year old granddaughter stays until next Saturday. I wish I could absorb some of her energy. 
The Korean ribs last night were good but my dieting has taken a drastic slowdown.

Time to play a game before pool time.

Thanks for the Fleet Report and post.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.21e01f1f6938bdf631476239a0f59d6f.jpegimage.jpeg.769f9a0be11ae0c14902c935844a0a2f.jpegimage.jpeg.e23fd5c024ef3262961664c08388ad6d.jpegimage.jpeg.1955508652602c42ead8df1deab2cff4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3e53ca98dcd2f5717ae9189d8fbcfaf7.jpegimage.jpeg.a6696f645466ca00d3335d52c2b28453.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 23

Good morning. Cool right now.... but the heat of the day will come. I will take the Horchata and also the meatballs. Like others, I am scrambling right now to wrap my mind around the changes to the Grand Australia. Don't think I will have many excursions impacted. And the dropping of Bora Bora does not surprise me in the least.

More later.... the dogs need attention and I want to get some laundry started.

Susan

• Like 29

Good morning. I make vegetarian meals four days out of seven as it is easier! Thank you @0106 Tina, for the nice recipes. I am going to try the first one today as well and make things easier. I often do not tell my family until afterwards what the ingredients are . They have greatly enjoyed the variety in food that comes with the Daily and most recipes have been a hit.

We rarely eat junk food and every day is a dog day in this house. We were in Skagway on our first Alaskan cruise and enjoyed the Rail way trip. 
I wonder what the people involved in the Scopes trial would think of what the world is like today. I will not say anything to avoid getting myself in trouble.

A very Happy Birthday to Craig @Sharon in AZ!

Bon Voyage to all those boarding ships and safe travels to Debbie and Sue today.

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I think we're all someone to others, definitely enjoy junk food (salty and sweet together), and salute all my friends Daily and otherwise who have dogs.  

Yesterday didn't turn out as I'd thought - we headed out first thing in the morning to pick up a vacuum sealer that was on sale, but while we were out, I realized my arm where I'd had my Shingrix injection the day before was becoming progressively more tender .  Both DH and I felt tired, so went down for a nap in the afternoon and by 4:30 I was feeling very punky.  A low grade fever, my arm felt like someone had used it for a punching bag, and my knees, ankles and knuckles were all aching.  And DH was having tummy issues - at that point I went online to look at the side effects of the vaccine, and sure enough, we had several of them. I had to call our neighbour to say we wouldn't be joining them for drinks and appetizers, then I took a couple of tylenol and was in bed by 7:30.  Somewhere in the night my fever broke, as I woke up in a "moist" state.  This morning I'm feeling much better although my arm is still sore, but even with all the side effects, it's better than the alternative!

We were left to our own devices for a while for the Wine Of The Day, so I had to post this:

NoWine.jpg.ec5bfceff8660c3b7698a4740256d7f7.jpg

I'll include another of the Cardboardeaux on my shelf:

image.png.876fc50b29cc42c2cd525a19da6e7505.png

@Sharon in AZ Happy Birthday to your dear Craig as he celebrates another trip around the sun!

Bon Voyage to all who are heading out to their port cities today; I'm excited for all of you!

@kazu sorry you found a "surprise" in the kitchen; I hope it's a one-off.

@marshhawkI'm glad Chuck has an appointment re proton therapy and will add you both to my prayer list for the best outcome ever.

@Seasick SailorI hope the lump on Oliver's chest is minor; he's totally adorable!

I'm saddened to see that Tony Bennett has passed away, but at 96, he's earned the rest.

Now that we do have a wine of the day, I'm happy to see a) it's affordable, and b) it's a Rioja.  I'm going to paraphrase James Suckling's review to read  "hold and drink."  I'd like to try the drink of the day, and I've had vegetarian meatballs at IKEA - not a fan, but DH likes them.  It's Friday night pizza night at our house, so we'll head out to a small pizza place that has just opened near us to see what they have to offer to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good Morning to All!  Thanks for the daily report.  There were times I felt like a nobody but no longer!!  I am not a fan of junk food and rarely eat it, and my cat Martina would not like me to celebrate Day of the Dog.  I do like dogs but with all my traveling the last 20 some years, it would not have been feasible.  We had a St Bernard growing up; Brandy was like one of the family.  When we had to put him down my Dad cried; I had never seen him be emotional like that.

I love the quote and could take the meatballs.  Not a fan of Horchata - even with alcohol.  My girls loved it and we can get it very easy here.  Never been to Skagway.  I will just have to drink my Sutter Home White Zinfandel!!

I actually was very productive yesterday.  Picked up my sub ID badge, did all the online education, solved the mystery on why I hadn't received my medical cards from my new insurer (somehow I got lost in the system but they fixed it and made sure it was active as of July 1st), tackled more of my cleaning project and went to the gym.  I am a little sore today; one month of not working out will do that to you.  

Today is a "I may not do anything" day.  Thinking about going to see Oppenheimer but I do not like going to movie theatre.  Too cold, too expensive (I have to get a large popcorn with butter and a large diet coke), and I have to visit the ladies room halfway through it seems.  We will see.  

It just came through Tony Bennett died.  He was 2 weeks shy of 97.  I listened to him as a child because my parents listened.  I didn't really know about music that was popular when I was growing up like the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, etc because around the house it was more of people like Tony Bennett.  RIP Tony!

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

• Like 29

Good morning from SW Ontario, where, after a vicious storm, the weather is sunny, bright, and will go to a very comfortable 24ºC this afternoon. Alexa tells me that it might rain, but our little village often misses rain that the city we abut gets most of the time.

Happy Birthday to your DH, @Sharon in AZ.

Thank you to all of the list keepers and thread keepers. DD has converted to Judaism, so I am grateful for the vegetarian options and will keep those recipes handy.

Prayers for those that need them-whether they know it or not, cheers for all those celebrating, and blessings to you all.

• Like 27

Good morning from a sunny central Texas.  It was a pleasant 78F when I took my walk about an hour ago.  It's now 82F and feels like 87F.  It looks like our high will be 103F, but tomorrow our high is supposed to be 98F.  I'll wait for the "cooler" day to mow the yard.

Today is a sad day in the music world with the passing of Tony Bennett.  He managed to be relevant with his music across many decades, and was still gaining younger fans.

Everyday, I try to be someone, and we do enjoy junk food on occasion.  Every dog thinks everyday is day of the dog, and cats know everyday is day of the cat.

I like the Alfred Lord Tennyson quote.

The first recipe that Tina @0106 gave us looks good.  My first thought was vegan meatballs is a contradiction in terms.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds interesting, and the price is right.  Still, I'll used one of the memes I found after Roy's @rafinmd suggestion.

images(3).jpg.083bc5c26589ca45d7d761cd01009c23.jpg

We have been to Skagway many times.  Our first time there was in 1992 on our motorhome trip up the Alaskan Highway to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the highway.  We have also been there by cruise ship beginning with our first Alaskan cruise in 1993 on the old Sky Princess.  I'll look for my pictures shortly. 

The "Scopes Monkey Trial" was an interesting time in our legal history.

@dfish  Debbie, wishing you and Sue a very safe trip today.  

@cat shepard  Ann, before I saw that you did have a wine of the day, I thought that instead of firing you, Rich @richwmn was giving you a brief vacation.  😉

@marshhawk  Annie, I didn't think you sounded like a brat yesterday.  We all have days where we're grumpier than normal.  I'm glad Chuck has an appointment with the  Proton Radiation therapist.  Sending positive thoughts that it does the trick, and he will be cancer free when finished.  I agree that all families have their dramas.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope the lump under Ollie's neck is not serious.  If this was Dr. Pol, it would just be an abscess that needs draining.

@aliaschief  Bruce enjoy your time with the seven year old.  Keeping up with her might just counter the hit your diet has taken.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm sorry you and your DH had such a bad reaction to the vaccine, but your reaction is exactly what I experienced after both shots.  You are correct, that the reaction is a small price to pay for avoiding the shingles.

@Nickelpenny  Penny, I thing you earned an easy day after yesterday.

@Sharon in AZ  Sharon, please wish Craig a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us.  

362246676_758820822917909_2258325678123698505_n.thumb.jpg.4547ed99c68d8611daf0db378cf82695.jpg

349176323_915072766449568_8968095114278728531_n.jpg.f2a64ce71b6289cd7668637ae5f2cb22.jpg

359789845_661629285990424_5792655792711928601_n.thumb.jpg.13c79f602f51d726201f93e2131cdc11.jpg

359828120_825280952298415_1743486461104430229_n.jpg.eaf96c4e3a7015a7ffdd4cc666b2c902.jpg

359807612_608061674797890_8249945014374822975_n.thumb.jpg.4c09f4084a79af46c27e85c3576b7b2f.jpg

360093011_681398024026140_4509720955949308278_n.jpg.d861eb4b184fb2213e19e67e7643fd08.jpg

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Haha 21

Good morning Dailyites. 

Oliver's bump: keeping watch for a few days. Could be a little muscle strain. Size of a small grape. 

Happiest of Birthday greetings to Craig! We were glad to have met you two on Rotterdam. 

I was so happy our PCC saved us a lot of money reviewing our winter cruises. She already sent the new confirmations and gave us extra OBC to boot. Great PCC.

Sending up prayers to all on our prayer lists. @kazu Jacqui hoping this is a rare oops for Ivan. @ger_77 Gerry hope you are feeling fully recovered by the time pizza is ordered. 

@0106 Tina thanks for covering for Debbie. I have a vegan friend who made meatballs for our girls night and I was not crazy for the taste. But I'm willing to try a new version. Tonight I am making beef roulade with cabbage and applesauce. Sounds weird, but my sweet husband put in his request..

I always put out junk food for girls night, and Cosmo's. My girls learned to love the cajun boiled peanuts (ick) and the cheetos are gone before the night is out. My girls bring the "good stuff" ..

image.png.7be8f572e96af849c25b02c69b9668ad.png

image.png.6f5c243169b1019669153c04f2229c93.png

image.png.0fc6d5dbc788164db548955afaeced28.png

Have an absolutely wonderful day, an awesome weekend. Make someone feel special, tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.

• Like 21
  • Haha 9

We have been to Skagway many times both on land trips in the motorhome and on cruises.  In the first pictures of town there are not many people on the streets.  We drove down from Whitehorse in 2017 for the day.  It was a raw, windy cold day, and those not on an excursion were either in the shops, restaurants or on the ship.

P1010155.thumb.JPG.7f9556e6bbbcaaf902553b1e72252052.JPG

P1010157.thumb.JPG.efe9341fac147f000ff9e78f17f55cf6.JPG

P1010159.thumb.JPG.de6dc44039b8d262b483701e5d332500.JPG

P1010162.thumb.JPG.223486d54da8d0b803b0dc1f5a39b264.JPG

We were in Skagway on a Friday in 2010 and could take the train ride with the steam locomotive.

P1010160.thumb.JPG.35c5db57f3d4fe4e8747d3424da70d03.JPG

The Amsterdam waiting for our return in 2010,  0n our last cruise to Skagway

P1010163.thumb.JPG.3b5ecaa015cccc27aca15a54dbb39ff9.JPG

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3