MoveUp to Aqua - What is included?

Sens&Pats4Ever

Hi there,

We are considering bidding on an Aqua class stateroom as part of the MoveUp program, but we have heard conflicting reports about what amenities we would get.  The main reason we would want to upgrade from Concierge class is to get access to the Thermal suites on the Apex.  

Could anyone please confirm if upgrading to Aqua through the MoveUp program includes access to the Thermal suites on the Apex?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

My understanding is that if your bid is accepted you get all the benefits associated with the category. We were bidding on a Royal suite a while back and this was confirmed for me at that time by our TA who double checked with Celebrity. However, we ended up just upgrading ourselves so it became a nonissue. 

1 hour ago, Sens&Pats4Ever said:

Hi there,

We are considering bidding on an Aqua class stateroom as part of the MoveUp program, but we have heard conflicting reports about what amenities we would get.  The main reason we would want to upgrade from Concierge class is to get access to the Thermal suites on the Apex.  

Could anyone please confirm if upgrading to Aqua through the MoveUp program includes access to the Thermal suites on the Apex?

you would gain the access/benefits to the Thermal suite and your dining room would be Blu.  Any perks, like drink package, wifi, etc would stay the same as you have now in your current room.  

• Like 2

Thank you all for the feedback.  It sounds like we would get access to the Thermal suites and Blu which are our main reasons for bidding on an upgrade.  We already have a drink package, etc., so we are good on that front.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

You would get Captains Club points for the category cabin you currently have, but would get access to thermal suites, get a bottle of bubbly on request, access to Blu as your dining room and water replenished as well as pillow menu, thicker robes and slippers, a nice X tote bag, a seapass card holder and an expanded room service menu (unfortunately you'd still have to pay the $9.95+ fee for delivery of anything but continental breakfast).

There is a difference between amenities and perks

When you move up you get the amenities that come with the category except for the Captain Club points.  

In AQ that would be dining in Blu, and the thermal spa on the Edge Class ships

Perks are the drink pack, internet, gratuities and OBC.  If you had any of them you will keep them.  

If you booked a AQ you would get the all included that is the internet, class drink pack and gratuities plus the 5 points per night and choose your cabin location.    You may want to consider doing that if you want AQ and figure out the value.  

I never do a move up as I book a category and cabin that is in my budget and I am happy with.  All a move up does is make me spend more money than I planned on because it is a bargain. 🤷‍♂️

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the sage advice.  For this booking, we had booked Concierge class with all the standard perks (classic drinks, wifi and grats).  We considered Aqua, but it was so much more expensive, we couldn’t justify the price variance.  The MoveUp may give us that opportunity, although, it probably is a long shot.  Either way, we will have a wonderful time on a beautiful ship.

Cheers All

• Like 2

Before bidding on Aqua, check availability, we found lots of Aqua class cabins available on the cruise we were recently on so waited it out.
Move up bid minimum dropped by 50% for Aqua nearer to departure.

On 7/25/2023 at 3:55 AM, Sens&Pats4Ever said:

Hi there,

Yes, you get daily water service in your cabin, BLU for dinner and unrestricted access to the Thermal Suite. You WILL NOT get Classic Drinks, Tips and WIFI unless you already had them. The Thermal Suite on E class ships is great and we really enjoyed spending time there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, si_boy said:

Before bidding on Aqua, check availability, we found lots of Aqua class cabins available on the cruise we were recently on so waited it out.
Move up bid minimum dropped by 50% for Aqua nearer to departure.

Thanks.  We actually noticed that the minimum bid reduced by 50%.  We adjusted our bid and it is still pending with a couple of weeks to go.

• 2 months later...

Yes, there are free classes for Aqua. Recent posters have stated 3. But I can't seem to find anything from Celebrity in order to substantiate this. Nevertheless, over the past year and a half, I have received complimentary classes, but only when I identified myself as Aqua and I asked for them. On another sailing (when I didn't advise that I was in Aqua), I didn't get the classes. 

Another poster said that they received one free class as Elite +. Makes me wonder if we could get the 3 for Aqua and another for Elite+? Has anyone tried?

2 hours ago, AC Stew said:

Yes, there are free classes for Aqua. Recent posters have stated 3. But I can't seem to find anything from Celebrity in order to substantiate this. Nevertheless, over the past year and a half, I have received complimentary classes, but only when I identified myself as Aqua and I asked for them. On another sailing (when I didn't advise that I was in Aqua), I didn't get the classes. 

Another poster said that they received one free class as Elite +. Makes me wonder if we could get the 3 for Aqua and another for Elite+? Has anyone tried?

The fine print on the Move Up request states "I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking".  It looks like if your bid is accepted then you do receive Blu access & we have the drink package so that is not relevant.

But if the 3 free fitness classes are included for a Move Up request to Aqua then I would probably submit a request.

My experience with the "free fitness classes" was that unless you're willing to pay for more, the fitness person won't even schedule you for any. At least that happened to me on the Summit in July. My routine at home is 3 OrangeTheory workouts a week and walking the rest of the time. I went on the spa tour to see where the Persian Gardens were and to find out about the 3 classes. The guy in charge of fitness tried like mad to upsell more classes and did not want to listen to me when I told him about my regular routine. Then when I stood firm that I only wanted to sign up for three classes, he literally walked away to talk with someone else. Even the spa girl who was touring me around was stunned speechless for a moment.

So...unless you're planning on buying more, you might not get to use the free ones.

I think it also included workout videos on the TV.   Not sure.  

We regularly do many of the Beach Body programs and bike at least 20 miles per day during nice weather.   When we are on a cruise we now use the  time to rest our bodies.  You need to rest it.  

I did go to a few of the free classes and found them rather lacking and not very strenuous.  I asked the instructor and he said they don’t want the passengers to die during the workouts, they are on a cruise.    They are designed to be on the low side because of the clientele 

It all depends on your fitness level and what you are trying to do.

If it is burning calories for the drinks and food you have been consuming forget it as the 1/2 hour spent wouldn’t be enough to compensate for 1 beer.   You may burn 300 calories max  during a  1/2 hour workout but you would have also burned about  100 just sitting.   So you have a 200 cal difference at the max.   A regular beer is 150 cal.   A cookie forget it, about 300 cal 

We  now go on a cruise, and enjoy it.   Leave the workouts and diet at home 

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

22 minutes ago, grest said:

Forgive my confusion....are you saying that if we move up to Aqua and do not currently have a drink package , we would have to purchase one for each of us?

You do not have to purchase a drink package upon a move up to Aqua, you would stay the same as you were before the move up, for example, In a Reg Verandah room only, move up to Aqua still would be room only but you would gain access to Blu and Persian Gardens/Thermal Spa  Drinks your choice, pay as you go or purchase a drink package if you want to during or pre cruise

Edited by bikerunner

2 hours ago, grest said:

Forgive my confusion....are you saying that if we move up to Aqua and do not currently have a drink package , we would have to purchase one for each of us?

You will not get the package with MoveUp, but you also don´t have to purchase it.
If you had no package before MoveUp you can just pay your drinks as before. No change.

E Class has fairly ok basic gyms..so the classes are not needed.. They have enough to do  some cardio and resistance ..just to keep up a bit while away.

most of the lectures and demos at the gym and spa are  all about selling..we avoid!

8 hours ago, hcat said:

E Class has fairly ok basic gyms..so the classes are not needed.. They have enough to do  some cardio and resistance ..just to keep up a bit while away.

most of the lectures and demos at the gym and spa are  all about selling..we avoid!

If Peloton bikes are onboard & working then will most likely take fewer classes.  Last time we were on the EDGE there were only half of them working:(