Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

1 hour ago, RyderJ201 said:

These little things (cut backs) and the sleezy way they are handled add up. Then they leave a bad taste. I totally get it.

And now for the crazy folks who don't allow negative RC opinions.

If it means people stop booking over priced cruises, bring it on. The people you label as crazy also need to save money. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SailorMarg said:

it has been Imitation Krab for quite some time

If it has even a smidgeon of "crab" in it, it can be labeled a crab cake...just sayin.  I like more crispy and bigger lumps of real crab, but I'll eat theirs any day...I love crab cake.  Unless you stood around inspecting the production line on crab cakes, you cannot make that definitive statement and be taken seriously.  In fact, I'm going to ask that question of the Head waiter in MDR next month, I'll report back on how much "crab" is in them.😉

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl is not for pax, we know they dont care.

That is just nuts.  Yes, they are a company, who needs to report gains not losses, but my experience since 2004 is that they do care and most certainly, at least in our experience, have bent over backwards to please us.  Sorry you never experienced it.  One question though...you say "

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Cruise if you want to, or dont.

Why do you cruise RCCL anyways?  Just curious

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Glad I do not drink coffee.  The horror!!!

Actually to someone who drinks coffee, it is a “horror.”  

I experienced the same on Adventure last September.  To some people this could seem incredibly trivial and stupid, but to others, myself included, this is no different than serving warm beer to a beer drinker.  Some people are wine snobs, perhaps a beer snob…I consider myself a coffee snob.  Milk in my coffee is not the same as half and half!  Did this ruin our cruise?  Nope, it was just annoying.  

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

That is just nuts.  Yes, they are a company, who needs to report gains not losses, but my experience since 2004 is that they do care and most certainly, at least in our experience, have bent over backwards to please us.  Sorry you never experienced it.  One question though...you say "

Why do you cruise RCCL anyways?  Just curious

The price. It's the best deal. Carnival is higher $$$. Like rcl I'm about my wallet. Though I'm not sure why you care why I cruise. I'm just not oblivious to issues they have had. 

I've had trouble in Mdr multiple times. This is where they have fallen down the worst with me. The floor mgrs have been not good. I miss when they took time to seat people together. It was just a statement how I feel. Everyone is entitled to form their opinion based on their experiences. OP you should know by now not to complain. 

I'm hoping when they finally turn a profit they will lighten up a bit on the cost cutting.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The price. It's the best deal. Carnival is higher $$$. Like rcl I'm about my wallet.

So it's ok when you make a judgement based on money, but not ok when RCI does it?  

DECADES ago, we went to Value City Furniture and got some kind of "deal" with the bedroom set we had purchased.  I don't even remember what the deal was (like free pillow cases or something minor), but I had to fight them tooth and nail to get them to honor the "deal".   I made the promise back then that I wouldn't do business with them again, and I haven't.  

If you don't like the way a company does business, or don't like the value you get for you money, don't use them!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, bradpole said:

I experienced the same on Adventure last September.  To some people this could seem incredibly trivial and stupid, but to others, myself included, this is no different than serving warm beer to a beer drinker.  Some people are wine snobs, perhaps a beer snob…I consider myself a coffee snob.  Milk in my coffee is not the same as half and half!  Did this ruin our cruise?  Nope, it was just annoying.  

That's why I usually visit the Cafe Promenade every morning for my caramel macchiato! Yum! I only indulge in these while cruising. Don't want milk or half-n-half in my coffee! I buy the flavored creamers while at home but my cruise coffees are the best! DH prefers black coffee. Yuck! To each her own! I do like the Bailey's suggestion though! Cheers!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

If it means people stop booking over priced cruises, bring it on. The people you label as crazy also need to save money. 

I literally don't understand. Not ever being allowed to say anything negative about RC saves you money?

16 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I bet they have real half-and-half on his president's cruise this week! 😂

The OP is currently ON the President’s cruise.

Hence the reason people wonder why the problem isn’t being addressed on board. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, bradpole said:

I think most people understand that everyone has their "thing" and of its not right its a big deal. 

As a beer drinker I've been served warm beer, flat beer, stale beer, etc. It's a simple ask of the server and fixed if not an escalation or return of the product.

Where this issue becomes trivial is the immediate leap to some bigger conspiracy theory without any effort to try and ask some simple questions but using "someone on the internet also said" as basis for the complaint. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SailorMarg said:

If people would take a minute to read the comments, and replies, before posting they would see that this post is not about my not being able to access half and half.  It is about the historical and fleetwide intentional misleading of the customer as has been reported in these forums over and over.  My post is adding my anecdotal experience to that conversation

Corner  M Bayley and give him an earful :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

So it's ok when you make a judgement based on money, but not ok when RCI does it?  

DECADES ago, we went to Value City Furniture and got some kind of "deal" with the bedroom set we had purchased.  I don't even remember what the deal was (like free pillow cases or something minor), but I had to fight them tooth and nail to get them to honor the "deal".   I made the promise back then that I wouldn't do business with them again, and I haven't.  

If you don't like the way a company does business, or don't like the value you get for you money, don't use them!

So defensive!! I'm amazed people cant post facts without being attacked. I didnt say rcl couldnt make decisions based on money. You must be really blinded to not notice the cuts to help the bottom line. Dont put words in my mouth I didnt say. I get it you cant stand rcl to be negatively mentioned. Some good, mostly good, a few negative things. You guys with the loyal to royal attitude are a bit defensive. 

I knew to stay away from this thread. Some loyal people cant stand the truth. Nothing is 100% all good, never negative. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

The OP is currently ON the President’s cruise.

Hence the reason people wonder why the problem isn’t being addressed on board. 

LOL! Well I guess if they aren't serving it this particular week, they really don't intend to address the issue. 

I was on Allure last week and I am trying to remember if I even noticed which was used. I did use the carafe labeled "Cream" each time. I guess it probably was milk.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mikamarii said:

It's a simple ask of the server and fixed if not an escalation or return of the product

Unfortunately for me it wasn’t simple to fix.  I did politely ask a few times but eventually just gave up. 

• Like 2

The cutbacks I missed the most last week on Allure:

1. The daily "classics" on the MDR menu, particularly the shrimp cocktail and the steak.

2. The 2nd cabin service - dirty dishes piled up in the hallways since the stewards weren't collecting them from the cabins twice a day. And we had to make more of an effort to manage the fresh towel situation with the hot/humid weather and need for extra showers. The turndown service was something special about cruising that I always appreciated, and I miss it now that it's gone. I know lots of people don't care, but that's just my opinion. Will I continue cruising? Of course.

• Like 16

I'll probably be called a Royal cheerleader for this but here is my theory, they have containers for milk and half&half because they intend to have both. However, if they can't get half&half for whatever reason they just fill both with milk rather than store the half&half container. Maybe I'm naive but if they never intended to have half&half again they would just label both containers as milk. 

Also for the record I drink my coffee black!

• Like 6

I think they are told to just fill with milk and if someone asks for half and half get them some. Happened to me in a restaurant last week. Asked for half and half got milk said is this milk yes can i get half and half sure and he came back with it.

Half and half is expensive lately.

As long as they ain't puttin bananas by the ketchup.

Edited by marci22
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I highly doubt this is something they are doing on purpose. The staff probably don't realize its a big deal, and just fill them both with Milk.  I'm fine with negative opinions, I just think that assuming a large company is going to hide the fact that the half and half is actually milk just seems a little far fetched

They do know.  It has been confirmed, Staff  are told to fill the half and half with milk.   Half and half is rarely even available unless you are in a suite.  

It is a big deal and the original poster is correct, they lie.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

Did you you go ask for the half and half and point out their mistake? Coming on here and accusing them of an intentional lie seems unjust until fully investigated.  

Yes I did, several times.   On Alaska cruise in May. Finally the staff admitted they were told to say it was half and half when they do no longer supply half and half.  They lie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteadyBetty said:

Perhaps this was just an oversight on an employee's part. Perhaps this was just filling both containers with milk as half/half was not available at the time or at that location. 

The way to know for sure was to ASK.  

While this may have been an annoyance (at best) and I get it, but it could have been rectified in real time.  I remember preparing a bowl of delicious fruit and beside the offerings was a large container of what I thought was whipped cream - turned out it was sour cream.  I plopped on a huge portion over my fruit, sat down, took a bite of peaches and "cream" - GAH!  I simply returned to one of the attendants, let them know what was happening and they corrected the error.  

Calling it a lie, IMO, is an overreach.

Tried that, they finally admitted the lie!!!