Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Gotta relate a story here.  When we were in Bonaire we sat down at a little cafe on the wharf and I asked for a cappuccino...they brought me an espresso, I said "where's the milk?"  He looked at me like I was flippin crazy.  " Nobody drinks that here"  finally he did bring me some milk in a glass and I poured it in my espresso...lol.  Bonaire is Dutch.

As I stated coffee contamination is a sin as an abuse of the real coffee lovers' community.

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

This is a remarkably sane post.  How did this happen?  

I was only on the 2nd of my 3 cups of morning coffee so I didn't have the energy to get my outrage into high gear😁

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Anton said:

And usually it's shelf stable milk too, so it has 'that' taste.

Have witnessed many forms of the milk they put in.  Sometimes, the little cartons they use in the WJ, sometimes the box milk, and sometimes the huge "bladders" of whole milk.  I go into the lounges very early for my morning Latte and usually run into the crew member filling the machine.  

The taste usually never bothers me, though on rare sometimes .....they don't clean the lines or tank as well as they should and makes it taste sour.  

1 hour ago, SailorMarg said:

One (hopefully) last time for those that intentionally re-create the narrative of this original post, and for those that simply have poor reading comprehension…this post is about Royal’s intentional mislabeling of a product fleetwide…half and half when it’s milk, crab cake when it’s imitation Krab…hoping the customer doesn’t notice or doesn't care. My ability to obtain half and half while aboard is not the issue. What I may or may not have done as far as addressing this issue of mislabeling on this one specific cruise is a small minded view of the situation and not one I am choosing to share.  I can say that it has been verified over the past year of cruising, and aboard this Presient’s Cruise, that staff have been told to provide milk when half and half is requested.  It has also been verified that the Crab Cake in both the Main Dining Room and Chops contains no crab. I have no interest in what any of you do with this information on a individual basis.  I’m sharing it for those to whom such things, like honesty and integrity, matter.  Everyone will, and should, make their choices as they seem fit. 

And for my 2 cents about RCL misleading I have another example.... how about the lobster macaroni and cheese that appears on the menu but does not contain ANY lobster.  After ordering our server flat out told us it contains NO lobster.  He wanted us to know that before he brought it out and we complained.  He explained he was trying to avoid any trouble.  Ohhhhhhhh perhaps that has happened before???  We of course changed our mind and ordered differently thanking him for that advice.  I agree with the poster RCL is hoping we don't notice these cost cutting changes.  MY opinion is that it is deceptive and doesn't sit well.  I will make my own buyer beware choices.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rusty_lock said:

DW always orders her latte with fat free 1/2 and 1/2

I believe that would also be known as skim milk. From what I can gather:

Heavy Cream/Double Cream: 36%-48% milk fat

Coffee cream (light cream, single cream): 18%-23% milk fat

Half and Half (half cream): 10%-15% milk fat

Whole milk: 3.5-4% milk fat

2%: 2% milk fat

1%: 1% milk fat

Skim Milk (fat free half and half?):0% fat

And these will vary by country, with a few other heavy's thrown in for baking and whipping.

But a rough explanation

3 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

I believe that would also be known as skim milk. From what I can gather:

Heavy Cream/Double Cream: 36%-48% milk fat

Coffee cream (light cream, single cream): 18%-23% milk fat

Half and Half (half cream): 10%-15% milk fat

Whole milk: 3.5-4% milk fat

2%: 2% milk fat

1%: 1% milk fat

Skim Milk (fat free half and half?):0% fat

And these will vary by country, with a few other heavy's thrown in for baking and whipping.

But a rough explanation

So this prompted me to look up what FF HH actually is.  DW is not going to be happy... 

"Half-and-half math is simple: whole milk plus cream. The fat-free version requires some more advanced calculations, however. “It typically replaces the milk fat with corn syrup and thickeners,” says Julia Zumpano, an RD at Cleveland Clinic's Heart and Vascular Institute.

This sounds horribly unhealthy!

8 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

How in the world has this Half and Half debate been missed by @Beeline Cruiser ?  I thought She/He was the Queen Bee of Royal F&B (mostly food) hits and misses.  

SERIOUSLY !  This is page 10, and no bee 🐝 Beeline Cruiser. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

I think our resident Queen Bee is posting in this thread, she’s just logged into her alter ego cruise critic account. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

So this prompted me to look up what FF HH actually is.  DW is not going to be happy... 

"Half-and-half math is simple: whole milk plus cream. The fat-free version requires some more advanced calculations, however. “It typically replaces the milk fat with corn syrup and thickeners,” says Julia Zumpano, an RD at Cleveland Clinic's Heart and Vascular Institute.

I’ve found that when something says Fat Free or Sugar Free, it’s not good for us.

Years ago we were all told margarine is better than butter…..then we heard that’s not true. 
So we now use only organic butter and organic half and half. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I saw that posted on another site. And I saw a photo of what appears to be a passenger wearing one. At first I thought it was a joke, and the jewelry was fake. But did someone pay $39,000 to advertise Royal Caribbean?

sorry  to go off topic. 

m

I don’t believe it until I see pictures! 🤣🤣🤣. Ok, anyone have any pictures?

BTW I was joking about not believing it so people don’t need to get their panties bunched up.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

Ingredients

Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup, Milk (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat), Contains Less than 1% of: Artificial Color (an Ingredient Not Found in Regular Half and Half), Sugar, Sodium Citrate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono and Diglycerides (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat), Carrageenan, Natural Flavor (an Ingredient Not Found in Regular Half and Half), Vitamin A Palmitate.

Ingredient Label from Fat Free Half and Half. Notice the main ingredient is Nonfat Milk. Skim Milk is just another name for Nonfat Milk. So yes, you are correct. It is Skim Milk with other junk added. Marketing puffery by adding "half and half" to the name, when no actual half and half was used in the production of this product.

3 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Ingredients

Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup, Milk (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat), Contains Less than 1% of: Artificial Color (an Ingredient Not Found in Regular Half and Half), Sugar, Sodium Citrate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono and Diglycerides (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat), Carrageenan, Natural Flavor (an Ingredient Not Found in Regular Half and Half), Vitamin A Palmitate.

Ingredient Label from Fat Free Half and Half. Notice the main ingredient is Nonfat Milk. Skim Milk is just another name for Nonfat Milk. So yes, you are correct. It is Skim Milk with other junk added. Marketing puffery by adding "half and half" to the name, when no actual half and half was used in the production of this product.

I just told DW, her response...  "why do you have to ruin stuff for me". 😱

• Haha 4

To each his own...remember Hot Chocolate used to be consumed without any sugar.  Yuk.  I was introduced to coffee at a very young age along with the "It'll turn your tummy black" admonition which didn't scare me a bit, who cares if your tummy is black. And my Granny would always make it with HH, and sugar.  Or Half milk and  sugar. Or the Pet milk, "Pet...from contented cows" LOL  So that's why I don't like it black or "uncontaminated" 😜

10 hours ago, little britain said:

No, it half cream/ half full fat milk 🥴… and even worse it comes in little uht cartons so it isn’t even fresh stuff!! 
Best avoided! 

8 hours ago, little britain said:

Exactly - very fattening and unhealthy ! 

Cream in coffee always reminds me of the 1970s/80s when you were served it when you went out to dinner - a real luxury and a treat to a child! 

65% of milk sold here is skimmed. 

I prefer half & half in regular coffee. There is nothing fattening or unhealthy about it.. even when had multiple times a day.

• Like 2

I actually got dragged in as I thought the OP was joking.  I really did.  I participate in many forums regarding a variety of things, from vacation destinations, camping, even woodworking.  I swear that members of CC have the ability to escalate ANYTHING and blow it out of proportion.  Someone mistakenly labeled a container of half and half or milk and it is a corporate conspiracy?  Holy heck.  I realize the irony is dripping off this post as I am now posting on it.

Either way let's keep it going, as some of the posts are VERY funny.  To the OP, oh my.  Gobsmacked.  At least you are on the presidents cruise I suppose.

• Like 3

There was an older couple next to us in the dining room at breakfast on Liberty in May. The man asked what was in the carafe on the table and the waiter told him milk. He asked for half and half and the waiter brought him the little plastic single serve half and half packages and the man insisted that it wasn’t half and half even though I could clearly read it from where I was sitting so he told the waiter again he wanted half and half so the waiter brought another carafe which I assume was just milk again and the man used it and that was the end of that. I feel for the employees with all this drama over dairy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azureblue50 said:

And for my 2 cents about RCL misleading I have another example.... how about the lobster macaroni and cheese that appears on the menu but does not contain ANY lobster.  After ordering our server flat out told us it contains NO lobster.  He wanted us to know that before he brought it out and we complained.  He explained he was trying to avoid any trouble.  Ohhhhhhhh perhaps that has happened before???  We of course changed our mind and ordered differently thanking him for that advice.  I agree with the poster RCL is hoping we don't notice these cost cutting changes.  MY opinion is that it is deceptive and doesn't sit well.  I will make my own buyer beware choices.

I had the lobster Mac n cheese in the MDR on our last cruise and it did have 🦞.

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Half and half is not available in either Tescos or Sainsburys, the largest supermarket chains in the UK 

US Half and Half is British Single Cream (or sometimes Half Cream)

US Heavy Cream is British Double Cream

Both are available in Tesco and Sainsbury. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t believe it until I see pictures! 🤣🤣🤣. Ok, anyone have any pictures?

BTW I was joking about not believing it so people don’t need to get their panties bunched up.

Just so you know, I'm not wearing panties ... today.

• Haha 7