Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

16 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you click on "Learn More" it takes you to the website and FAQs clearly state: A one-time access fee of $14.99 per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow® delivery and a $5 room service fee will apply for each order placed by stateroom phone. OceanNow delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom.

That’s the most clear explanation I’ve seen yet! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm kind of waiting for the mainstream cruise companies to update their contracts to say....

"We promise to take you wherever we choose; feed you whatever we want; and charge you whatever we deem appropriate." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

There is a complete PDF on Princess.com under dining page(s).  You can also check the deck plans on Princess.com.  Casual Dining is divided into "for free" and "for fee".  Casual Dining in general is anything where they serve food that isn't the MDR or SD (Specialty Dining).

The Princess website now separates dining into "Complimentary Dining", "Casual Dining" for a small fee and "Specialty Dining" for a fee.

casual dining.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Price wise Celebrity is much more expensive than Princess. That is our opinion as we cruise Celebrity and just got off of the Equinox and Apex. 

Other cruise lines charge more for their beverage package only, than what you are paying for the Princess Plus or Premium per day. You even get more with Princess.

Not a cheerleader for Princess. Just comparing apples to 🍎.

Happy Cruising! 

You are right, Celebrity charges more but we think it's worth it. We usually book when they have their special which includes perks in the pricing. I think we are done with Princess after this cruise. They should have grandfathered bookings and started their new program with new bookings. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, mnocket said:

I'm kind of waiting for the mainstream cruise companies to update their contracts to say....

"We promise to take you wherever we choose; feed you whatever we want; and charge you whatever we deem appropriate." 

I would consider booking a 'unknown itinerary' out of PE - if the price was right, and I mean right.

East, West

even 3 sea days

port

3 sea days

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

The Princess website now separates dining into "Complimentary Dining", "Casual Dining" for a small fee and "Specialty Dining" for a fee.

casual dining.jpg

20 minutes ago, doghog said:

That's what I saw. 

They have re-packaged things for the website since the roll-out webinar.  In that webinar, it was much clearer about the various types of casual dining.  When I poke around the dining pages, they seem to pretty much hide and ignore all the for-fee dining places and don't list them.  They've got Salty Dog, O'Malley's, etc under SD section and they specifically were calling those Casual Dining now and not SD.  

I think it is another left-hand/right-hand thing - or they are re-branding the groups without correcting themselves.  I was going by the webinar information, plus a document summarizing the dining options.  All I can say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

I think it is another left-hand/right-hand thing - or they are re-branding the groups without correcting themselves.  I was going by the webinar information, plus a document summarizing the dining options.  All I can say.

No one will accuse Princess of consistency (unless it is for being consistently inconsistent.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

No one will accuse Princess of consistency (unless it is for being consistently inconsistent.)

Agree! Princess is like the other cruise lines.

Just read the other line forums and people are all saying the same thing.

Big business really doesn't care about us anymore. So, people who leave one line are replacing the others who are leaving the other line. LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

So, people who leave one line are replacing the others who are leaving the other line. LOL

will it go 'round in circles?

only to be broken if someone(s) leave cruisin' entirely - but those are replaced by new cruisers - hence new and bigger ships - 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

Big business really doesn't care about us anymore. So, people who leave one line are replacing the others who are leaving the other line. LOL

I got this feeling talking to people on our last cruise.  We met a lot of people that used to cruise on other lines, but had switched to Princess because they weren't satisfied with their previous favorite cruise line.

I understand why people are upset, but I just can't get myself worked up by this round of changes.  I booked "Plus" because we were able to get a good deal.  I'm Canadian, so we have never been able to have the medallion mailed to us.  I don't bother with room service because I prefer to get my own food (best chance of it being hot or at least warm).  I don't bother ordering from the app because I'm usually near the bar or venue that I want the food or drink from, and we didn't really like the pizza at Alfredo's on the Regal - so it won't be hard to limit it to two visits on our next cruise.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I got an email from Princess today

no, not THAT email

one linked to my cruise in a few days telling me I need to select my arrival time. The one Princess got rid of weeks ago.

Princess are really on the ball aren’t they 😂 😂 

Yep, me too. Got all excited and then realised the information was out of date 🤦‍♀️:

• Complete the OceanReady® travel checklist to give you Green Lane access. That means less waiting and faster check-in!
  • Queues – who wants them? Not us. Which is why we had you choose an arrival window in the MedallionClass® app. We limit entry into the terminal to your assigned time to streamline the experience.

And whatever we do, we will not gain access to the Green Lane 🙄.

3 minutes ago, villauk said:

Yep, me too. Got all excited and then realised the information was out of date 🤦‍♀️:

• Complete the OceanReady® travel checklist to give you Green Lane access. That means less waiting and faster check-in!
  • Queues – who wants them? Not us. Which is why we had you choose an arrival window in the MedallionClass® app. We limit entry into the terminal to your assigned time to streamline the experience.

And whatever we do, we will not gain access to the Green Lane 🙄.

I actually find this stuff more aggravating than the changes. Princess has a huge marketing/social media team. It is NOT difficult to segment your audience and communications to send out relevant/up to date/correct information to those segments. Have a different email for those passengers not in the US (here in Canada I can never be in the green lane, either), have a different email for those that have standard fare, update the communications so they are CURRENT for goodness sake. Even my marketing team of one can manage to do this!

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

I notice that the letter above makes no distinction between the "old" Plus and Premier and the "new" Plus and Premier packages. It doesn't tell folks that, if they have the older packages, they will now have to pay.

Just spoke with my TA and she says that since we booked and paid before Dec.14, 2022, we'd have to pay the extra costs

21 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We got it.  What a joke!  $14.95 (nominal charge, according to them) ha!) for a couple of slices of pizza at Alfredos'!  

This is getting ridiculous.

And yet there are those that consider it a great deal.

25 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We got it.  What a joke!  $14.95 (nominal charge, according to them) ha!) for a couple of slices of pizza at Alfredos'!  

This is getting ridiculous.

nope

an appetizer

a whole pizza / pasta

desert - tiramisu 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I actually find this stuff more aggravating than the changes. Princess has a huge marketing/social media team. It is NOT difficult to segment your audience and communications to send out relevant/up to date/correct information to those segments. Have a different email for those passengers not in the US (here in Canada I can never be in the green lane, either), have a different email for those that have standard fare, update the communications so they are CURRENT for goodness sake. Even my marketing team of one can manage to do this!

Actually, you’ll be able to be green once they ship to Canada.  
Except you’ll have to buy the beverage package, as you can no longer pay $10 to have it shipped.

Unless, that changes!  Standby..😳

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

nope

an appetizer

a whole pizza / pasta

desert - tiramisu 

Thank you!  So much misinformation being passed around and after a while everyone believes it’s gospel.  An entire pizza, enough for two people, is $12.00.  Or, get pizza on Lido deck for free.  I don’t like these changes either, but let’s keep it real.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There is a complete PDF on Princess.com under dining page(s).  You can also check the deck plans on Princess.com.  Casual Dining is divided into "for free" and "for fee".  Casual Dining in general is anything where they serve food that isn't the MDR or SD (Specialty Dining).

A good explanation I've given is "anywhere except the MDR where you sit down and get served, you pay, and anywhere you stand up to get your food is free."

That just leaves the divide between "Casual" and "Specialty," which basically should be obvious based on the upscale-ness of the restaurant.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Actually, you’ll be able to be green once they ship to Canada.  
Except you’ll have to buy the beverage package, as you can no longer pay $10 to have it shipped.

Unless, that changes!  Standby..😳

They've been promising shipping to Canada since last Fall...

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I respectfully disagree. I know what I paid for my upcoming Princess cruise and it is VERY comparable to our Celebrity cruises. I have even had higher class cabins on Celebrity that are cheaper than what we paid for Princess. I do agree though, that the drink packages do vary some 

Currently have 7 future cruises booked on Princess and 2 on Celebrity.  You need to make sure you're comparing an apple to an apple when it comes to cabin type and ship type.  We only cruise on the newer ships in each fleet.  We'll be on the Beyond in November and 7 times on Princess, on the Enchanted, Discovery and Sun between August of 2024 and August of 2025.

When everything is equal, our Princess sailings are cheaper with the Plus package and the basic all included on X.

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

That's what I've been saying.  Those that are threatening to leave to cruise X need to read their boards.  There are complaints on most of the boards with many of the respective loyal cruisers.