Is it true regarding Elite and Laundry tokens?

azgrandmax3

On 8/22/2023 at 9:37 PM, Waynetor said:

Having free tokens for elite members would be cheaper for Princess over having them do the laundry but if they did that, what's to stop people from giving them to friends that are not elite.  Always somebody looking to take advantage of a program.  

Nothing, but then again what's to stop Elites from sending in laundry with their things for others as well?

The only way to curtail it is to put a dollar cap on Elite laundry service.

10 hours ago, dickinson said:

Because I read this thread before I left for my cruise on the Enchanted (Sept 2) I asked at GS for laundry tokens.  They gave them to me.  Asked again a few days later and got more.  Maybe we were lucky?

Currently on Enchanted.  Tokens handed out free (we are in a suite).  Staff at GS were a little surly though.  I asked about the tokens and was told in a condescending tone “they’re only free for suite guests and elites”.  Once I told the girl I was in a suite her tone changed (became nicer).  Would have been nicer if she’d have asked if we were suite/elite before assuming we weren’t 

• Like 5

Does Princess offer a laundry package?   HAL has a very reasonable priced unlimited.  We cruise next July on the Sun Princess out of Barcelona and since we are flying in a few days early I know we will need to have some clothes washed.

32 minutes ago, Yowman said:

Currently on Enchanted.  Tokens handed out free (we are in a suite).  Staff at GS were a little surly though.  I asked about the tokens and was told in a condescending tone “they’re only free for suite guests and elites”.  Once I told the girl I was in a suite her tone changed (became nicer).  Would have been nicer if she’d have asked if we were suite/elite before assuming we weren’t 

We also got a few on the Enchanted in March and like yourself they did give them to us but we felt it was willingly. 

We still prefer to do laundry ourselves rather than risk damage by their hot dryers. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Yowman said:

When we went to GS we prefaced by saying we were Elite.  Next year we will be on the Sky.  I wonder if they will give them out?  Seems to be inconsistent between ships.

20 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We also got a few on the Enchanted in March and like yourself they did give them to us but we felt it was willingly. 

We still prefer to do laundry ourselves rather than risk damage by their hot dryers. 

This is why we did our own laundry for everything other than underwear and socks.  

46 minutes ago, Yowman said:

This is why we did our own laundry for everything other than underwear and socks.  

We wash out underwear and socks are easily washed out ourselves.

Anything else we might send in, but only for "cleaning", not laundry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yowman said:

We regularly send out underwear, socks, PJ's, work-out clothes, and swim trunks with no issues. 

Anything my DW considers delicate, she washes in the laundry room and hang dries in our stateroom.

Screenshot_20231005_065508_Firefox.thumb.jpg.d0ccffd9a35394756cd365727dddcaf8.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

When we went to GS we prefaced by saying we were Elite.  Next year we will be on the Sky.  I wonder if they will give them out?  Seems to be inconsistent between ships.

Spent 5 weeks on the Sky last summer and no free tokens or free machines. Maybe you will be lucky - I sure wasn’t 

3 hours ago, negn said:

Token dispenser did not work.  I went to guest services and was given some.   When I offered my medallion to pay she said “no”.and I’m not elite

On the Grand now and the token dispenser wasn’t working on deck 8.  Went to guest services and was charged $24 for 8 tokens. Nothing free here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We regularly send out underwear, socks, PJ's, work-out clothes, and swim trunks with no issues. 

Anything my DW considers delicate, she washes in the laundry room and hang dries in our stateroom.

Screenshot_20231005_065508_Firefox.thumb.jpg.d0ccffd9a35394756cd365727dddcaf8.jpg

Looks like our cabin sometimes.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2023 at 6:21 PM, Thrak said:

To us it's simply not worth the effort. Free is "nice" but not necessary. On Royal Princess last year I went from deck to deck in search of a working token machine. I finally gave up and went to Customer Services. They not only wouldn't give me free tokens but didn't seem to care that the machines were broken. They finally said they would have someone "take a look" at the token machines. An hour later I checked and nobody had fixed them but I did find another passenger who was using the laundry and she told me of a laundry location where she had finally found a working token machine so I was able to procure tokens to do our laundry. We haven't had the best luck with the free Elite laundry so we tend to do our own rather than sending it out.

come on man - you know the 'pro tip' about getting your tokens early

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 8:10 AM, SargassoPirate said:

Just off the Regal and I was able to get free tokens at guest services.  I had some tokens leftover from the Caribbean Princess, but they wouldn't work on the Regal.  

The only thing consistent with Princess is inconsistency.

I went to guest services 2 days ago and was told they don't keep tokens at desk anymore. 

When I was on the Regal last Christmas, my cabin stewardess ran into me heading to the laundry a couple times and insisted on giving me tokens on both occasions. I tried to dissuade her; I didn't want her to get in trouble and I was perfectly prepared to swipe my card for tokens, but she was adamant I take them.  Maybe on that ship, the key is to ask the steward rather than at the desk. 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2023 at 3:58 PM, Thrak said:

Same here. Board September 26. With a total of 63 days aboard Grand Princess we will definitely be doing some laundry. We may send some out for the Elite laundry benefit but have been less than impressed when trying that in the past. Also not real interested in having holes in our clothing or having it washed at 1,000° K.

1000 degrees Kelvin, I love it! 😂

On 10/5/2023 at 8:37 AM, dickinson said:

We recently got off the Sky ( 14 day to Norway ) and I went to GS, asked them nicely if Elites could get tokens so I could wash my own undies. I think poor guy was embarrassed as he gave me enough to do 3 wash and 3 dry. Good thing as the token machines were not working on our deck and the  washing machine ate one of my tokens. Had I not had extras it would have been another trip to GS. All you can do is ask and if someone says no, go back and try again...nicely.

Edited by jinpasco
Double wording
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jinpasco said:

We recently got off the Sky ( 14 day to Norway ) and I went to GS, asked them nicely if Elites could get tokens so I could wash my own undies. I think poor guy was embarrassed as he gave me enough to do 3 wash and 3 dry. Good thing as the token machines were not working on our deck and the  washing machine ate one of my tokens. Had I not had extras it would have been another trip to GS. All you can do is ask and if someone says no, go back and try again...nicely.

Disturbing that you and at least one other (if not 2) person has had trouble on their ship with the machines not working!

• 3 weeks later...

On Grand now. Finished first 3 segments (31 days) and started last 3 segments (32 days). My wife asked about free laundry tokens and was told, "No". Not sure if she said she is Elite or not. 

• Like 1