Confirmed, pillow chocolates 1st & last night only unless requested, AQ amenities by request & no more canapés,

NutsAboutGolf

Pillow chocolates, 1st & last nights only; you can reach out to your stateroom attendant to request them nightly

AQ canapés, gone

AQ amenities, by request yet I’m being told on the Millie at least, if you populated the AQ form online, that’s no longer being used.  Must be requested once on board with your stateroom attendant and therefore will probably be first come first serve

IMG_9826.thumb.jpeg.d08652dc02f75fc17c448cf0a0619400.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

It seems like every day something else is being taken away. It’s disappointing. I currently have 5 Celebrity cruises booked through 2025. It is really making me question whether I will keep these bookings. I have an October Equinox paid in full in Aqua Class. First time sailing in Aqua …previously done Sky Suites but the pricing has become outrageous…

I thought Celebrity would my go to line after sailing mostly Disney as my daughter grew up. After 30 ocean cruises I went on a Tauck river cruise this summer and it was outstanding… I can’t believe I am considering land tours with Tauck or another river cruise with them instead of the Vietnam/Thailand cruise I have booked on the Solstice in 2025….which I was so excited for…

• Like 5

Please all:  if you want a pillow chocolate book a standard veranda cabin and bring a $5 bag of Hershey Kisses on the cruise with you.  I'm sure if you ask your cabin attendant he will put them out on your pillow every night.  As for afternoon canapes bring back a snack from the Oceanview Cafe and leave it in your cabin refrigerator for a few hours.  It won't go bad.  Problem solved and $$$ saved.

• Haha 6

Hello,

I cast my favours widely as you can tell from my signature. 2025 was due to be predominantly X but I am now wondering what will be left of what I thought I was going to get.

I think what this needs is some big American TA, or whatever you call them, to pick up the 'phone to Freedom and say something along the lines of 'we can no longer recommend X to our clients because of the diminishing standards, blah, blah etc, etc'. Perhaps then he will get the message as the complaints here will be water off a duck's back.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, baggal said:

Please all:  if you want a pillow chocolate book a standard veranda cabin and bring a $5 bag of Hershey Kisses on the cruise with you.  I'm sure if you ask your cabin attendant he will put them out on your pillow every night.  As for afternoon canapes bring back a snack from the Oceanview Cafe and leave it in your cabin refrigerator for a few hours.  It won't go bad.  Problem solved and $$$ saved.

Well, that was special.  I guess you don't expect to get what you paid for in everything in life?

I however think that if I pay for something, I should get it. 

Let me ask this.   If you go to the grocery store, select your items, go to the check out and pay for the items, do you expect to leave with them?  Perhaps you just pay for them and leave without them.  Same issue!!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Well, that was special.  I guess you don't expect to get what you paid for in everything in life?

I however think that if I pay for something, I should get it. 

Let me ask this.   If you go to the grocery store, select your items, go to the check out and pay for the items, do you expect to leave with them?  Perhaps you just pay for them and leave without them.  Same issue!!!

I guess I'm one of the few people here on cruise critic who are just happy to be able to cruise a few times a year, with or without pillow chocolates.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

The canapés were not offered on our cruises in April and May.  We got the pillow chocolate 2 nights.  For us they aren’t important but I’m sure others enjoyed them.

I would rather lose these, the sparkling wine, tote bag, and card holder and invest those savings in improving the dinner menus. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, baggal said:

I guess I'm one of the few people here on cruise critic who are just happy to be able to cruise a few times a year, with or without pillow chocolates.  

And don’t forget you are one of the people that may allow Celebrity to continue to erode their brand experience since you are allowing your own standards to be lowered.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

we cruised April/May in Aqua and no canapes, no carafes of herbal tea either, nor sea pass card holder we always received.  Long gone are a plate of green apples and fruit on embarkation.   (green apples common remedy for sea sickness).   I detest the common large pump dispensers for amenities which  are not tamper proof.     

please keep us up todate on what else you notice.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cublet said:

I think what this needs is some big American TA, or whatever you call them, to pick up the 'phone to Freedom and say something along the lines of 'we can no longer recommend X to our clients because of the diminishing standards, blah, blah etc, etc'. Perhaps then he will get the message as the complaints here will be water off a duck's back.

There are definitely some unhappy people in this arena. Much like when MSC customer service was a complete dumpster fire (which it still mostly is), when people stop selling their product it will get attention.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, baggal said:

Why are you so mean?  Some of us need those chocolates!  😭

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Considering the ever-widening fare difference between Verandah and Aqua, it would be nice to receive those extra amenities that were included when we booked them. While none of these little niceties alone account for much, little by little they are eliminating them and at the same time are cheapening the menu items offered and cutting down on the number of choices as well in Blu and the MDR.  Our next cruise on X will most likely go forward since we have vacation plans both before and after the cruise, but looking ahead I question whether we will be booking X much. All of these little things added up to an enhanced experience that X offered to customers not provided by other mainstream lines. It looks like the new CEO is hurriedly bringing X down to the competition.  We've been accused of being X cheerleaders in the past, but things change. Our last cruise on Equinox in December 2022 had quite a few noticeable and unpleasant surprises. While the crew was wonderful, there were quite a few noticeable changes. Afternoon tea selections in the afternoon...gone, OVC lunch selection not nearly as abundant as on previous sailings, dinner selection in OVC cut way back (almost looked like it was closed), menu items featuring much cheaper proteins evident each evening. Since then, cheesecake and chocolate cake were removed as everyday dessert options, shrimp cocktail has been reported to have been discontinued as an everyday option, (after the shrimp have gotten smaller and fewer), appetizers seemingly have been replaced with soups and salads only, tilapia shows up multiple times over the course of a week, much more chicken and turkey options. There's been another active thread here reporting chocolate chip cookies for sale for $2 + 20% gratuity! I would ask what next, but I don't think I want to know the answer.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, manmachine said:

And don’t forget you are one of the people that may allow Celebrity to continue to erode their brand experience since you are allowing your own standards to be lowered.

Not at all. So you are saying anyone who isn’t getting wound up by these minor changes is part of the problem? Everyone has their threshold, yours may have been met, ours hasn’t yet, we cruise a week tomorrow and we may discover it now has, who knows. And as an aside I have seen many threads on here saying the canapés were a waste yet uproar when they are removed, the irony. Some posters here are only happy when they have something to complain about however trivial it seems to others 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

We did a Presidents Cruise in 2015 on Century I think, LLP had a Q&A in the theatre and the main topic was Bring back pillow chocolates. Which did happen they came back.

We've always had pillow chocolates with Celebrity. RC took them away in 2009. 

1 hour ago, baggal said:

What would be something you’d miss if X took it away?  French onion soup?  Steaks? Etc

• Like 1