Mashed potato in MDR

Crazy planning mom

18 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

The problem is with the new menu almost every entree has mashed potatoes as the side.  There does not seem to be many options anymore.

Have you asked for something different as a side. No biggie. 

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

I sail next month and will see.  Have you sailed since the menu changes?

No. Next cruise is October on the Eclipse. I'll be requesting a substitute or additional on that cruise like I have before. I don't like it I leave it. Our last cruise was March 2023 on the Apex and no issues. 

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Up until lately I would have said of course you could.  We often ordered a baked potato.  Will that still be allowed with all the recent changes?  Would love to hear very current feedback.  What worked even a month ago may not work anymore the way things are going.

And that could be different from ship to ship, server to server. Over the years (2001) of being a CC member I can't count how many times I've read what one persons experience was and another persons experience was different, no matter the subject. Even on the same ship/itinerary. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Up until lately I would have said of course you could.  We often ordered a baked potato.  Will that still be allowed with all the recent changes?  Would love to hear very current feedback.  What worked even a month ago may not work anymore the way things are going.

We were on the Summit a few weeks ago and I often ordered a baked potato!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, doghog said:

And that could be different from ship to ship, server to server. Over the years (2001) of being a CC member I can't count how many times I've read what one persons experience was and another persons experience was different, no matter the subject. Even on the same ship/itinerary. 

That's very true.  One reason I hate people experiencing something on one sailing and then reporting it as fact. Happens way too often on these and other social media boards. 

• Like 2

We carry with us everywhere we go a small device that, with the tap of a few buttons, can provide us with access to more information than was ever imaginable in the lifetimes of prior generations.

And we use it to discuss whether we can substitute mashed potatoes on an upcoming cruise.

That being said, can anyone share any good cat videos? 😉😜

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

We carry with us everywhere we go a small device that, with the tap of a few buttons, can provide us with access to more information than was ever imaginable in the lifetimes of prior generations.

And we use it to discuss whether we can substitute mashed potatoes on an upcoming cruise.

That being said, can anyone share any good cat videos? 😉😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

Really don't mind if they serve the mashed potatoes with an ice cream scoop or a coal shovel as long as they taste good!!!

Hmmmm.  You could be onto something. 

Coal-fired oven twice-baked mashed potatoes.

This would likely require an upcharge.

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

That's very true.  One reason I hate people experiencing something on one sailing and then reporting it as fact. Happens way too often on these and other social media boards. 

But if someone experienced something on one sailing, then it IS "fact."  The fact is that they experienced it.  Perhaps you really meant "..reporting it as policy or fleetwide."

• Like 1