Best ship for entertainment ?

suni

2 hours ago, suni said:

If you have already sailed on The Symphony, what other  ship would have the highest level of entertainment? Love the shows but don't want to repeat the same shows on the next cruise. 

Oasis class ships all have a Broadway musical (except Wonder which has the in-house production Effectors 2), a second production show, an ice show and an Aqua Theater show. The shows are different on each ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suni said:

If you have already sailed on The Symphony, what other  ship would have the highest level of entertainment? Love the shows but don't want to repeat the same shows on the next cruise. 

That is a problem with Royal.  We like the Oasis from NJ, but CATs is our least favorite show- so after the first Oasis cruise with CATS, no broadway show for us.

• Like 1

You will be better off on the big ships with the music hall / dazzles as they tend to have better house bands (thinking 141 and CenterPoint for example). Royal has stopped bringing in the outside cover bands (AC/DC, Beatles, etc.) the last few months.

Headliners are hit and miss so you kind of roll the dice in this area.

Smaller ships tend to have a little less quality in terms of entertainment in my opinion.

• Like 1

Last week Harmony had the worst headliner show i have ever seen. 

A magician that would be good for entertaining kids .

This guy was even worse than the guy with the whips . 

But had one of the best bands called A Groove i have ever heard in Dazzles.

Excellent musicians and two very good singers.

I agree that as a general rule, Oasis class ships have great shows, with plenty of variety on offer. Our favorites are the aqua and ice shows.

We cruised on Quantum in May for an Alaska cruise and did not like the shows. One of the two  production shows in 270 was even listed as not suggested for under 16. The costumes and pelvic thrusting were better for a Las Vegas review, not a family oriented show. The second production show was almost as bad, and neither of them "told a story". Just the opinion of me and my family of 10.

Barb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OMG, is RCI STILL presenting cats?! We were with friends several years ago and saw it. AWFUL! The majority of the audience left before it was half way through. One guy in our group stuck through it with me. Why did I want to? Simply because I was going to be seeing a community theater production of Cats a couple of days after disembarking and wanted to get the gist of the story. Impossible to understand what in the world the performers were even saying. Hated it. However, it was MUCH better at the community theater! Go figure. Even 8 years ago people were complaining about this production on this website! 

We did Harmony last summer and attended all the shows. (Grease, The Fine Line, Columbus and 1887). We thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

My teens wanted to sit front row at The Fine Line (got soaking wet, needless to say) and they thought that it was the best show ever. High energy and pulsating music to add. 

Grease was a well done musical at sea. I had seen this show on land many years back and I thought that this version was better in terms of talent and scenography. 

1887 (the ice skating show) had great visual effects and talented artist, but the story line was a bit of a head scratcher. 

Columbus was the last show we watched (almost an after thought; it was our matinee show for the cruise) and I had low expectations for this one. Sounded stupid from the get go. Turned out to be our favorite show. Great special effects, funny and entertaining story line (although goofy at times), and great music selections. The revolving ship that they use on stage is supposed to be the biggest prop used on any show at sea. 

Overall, a great entertainment lineup on Harmony. 

• Like 4

On 9/20/2023 at 6:49 AM, Cruise a holic said:

That is a problem with Royal.  We like the Oasis from NJ, but CATs is our least favorite show- so after the first Oasis cruise with CATS, no broadway show for us.

100%

I don't have a favorite ship for shows, I'm not a big Broadway show fan anyway.  But, my least favorite, one I don't get and don't want to sit through it again to try to get is CATS.  Man, that thing sucked.  But, I love the Oasis.  So, I just don't go to see CATS, easy peasy.  

That's not to disparage the entertainers, some/most are actually very talented.  They are stuck with what they are given, and in this case, it ain't much.  

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

Grease was a well done musical at sea. I had seen this show on land many years back and I thought that this version was better in terms of talent and scenography. 

Overall, a great entertainment lineup on Harmony. 

We are on Harmony in January and I'm actually looking forward to Grease.  I've always liked the music in Grease the movie.  I've seen Mamma Mia on the Allure and really enjoyed the music.  I've always been a big fan of ABBA, anyway. 

So, even though I'm no big fan of Broadway shows, I did enjoy the music on Allure's show and I'm looking forward to Grease on the Harmony.

• Like 3