Zenith access to Retreat Lounge

TrueCruiseaholic

26 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

I think that's the upshot. When on X I'm in a suite, and I've never seen the Retreat Lounge even halfway filled (other than disembarkation day), and that includes fully sold out cruises. I have no issue with 15-25 Zeniths using the lounge (again).

I'm not sure on any of the X Retreat Lounge or Michael's Club we've been in I've known what status anyone was unless they mentioned it for some reason, which can't recall anyone doing. We haven't experienced any of them as being overly crowded. So, not sure Zenith's will have muck of an effect if any. I'll report back if we do on our Dec Connie cruise.   

21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Wonder where the “Auxiliary Lounge Spaces” will be????   

Yes. There is basically no space available. Cut out a part of Sky Lounge like the olden days? Deck 5 of the club? Deck 6 of Eden? Would they have to have a Concierge there during the day as well? Doesn't sound like a realistic plan.

Edited by TrueCruiseaholic
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Wonder where the “Auxiliary Lounge Spaces” will be????   

Probably the Helipad 🙂

It is a good question though, hard to guess what they will be able to repurpose without taking space away from other guests...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Yes. There is basically no space available. Cut out a part of Sky Lounge like the olden days? Deck 5 of the club? Deck 6 or Eden? Would they have to have a Concierge there during the day as well? Doesn't sound like a realistic plan.

There’s always space somewhere. Zs won’t like it as it won’t be very extravagant when it does happen. It won’t be the suite passengers that are diverted to the secondary location as they have paid for Retreat and expect to get it. 

x will see how many Zs are on board and make a determination prior to sailing. 

We are two Zeniths who did not receive the September 26 e-mail.  From reading comments on this thread we apparently were not the only ones.  

Yesterday was a very busy day so I had to wait until today to call the Zenith Concierge phone number.  The concierge checked our e-mail address and they certainly have our correct e-mail address.  It is an e-mail address we have had since e-mail was introduced.  She again asked if I had checked our spam and junk folders; I certainly did so and that September 26 e-mail was not there.  She has no idea as to why we didn't receive it and also told me that she had fielded several reports from other Zeniths that they didn't receive it either.  She stated she would report it and also sent me the content of the e-mail.  

We received the November 2020 e-mail notification that Zeniths would be restricted from Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge.  We've received e-mails about itinerary changes in a set of spring Japan cruises and more recently an e-mail as to how passports will be collected at a Jordon port call.  Really don't need that September 26 e-mail as every cruise we have done since the resumption of passenger operations has been in suites and all booked going forward are also in suites.  It is just so annoying that they can't get their act together.  

On 9/26/2023 at 5:23 PM, Northern Aurora said:

A big "thank you" to those who posted their letter regarding the reinstatement of Zeniths.  This Zenith hasn't received a copy -- and no -- it didn't appear in the junk folder.  Are we the only pair of Zeniths on this thread who didn't receive a copy?  Given our time zone difference with the rest of the US I'll be on the phone tomorrow asking why.

If you listened to the recent webinar -  She repeated the term "Our Most Loyal CC Members"   then they forget to sent one to you.  

I received mine about noon the day it was released.   

I noticed that 90% of the time we never get the e-mail about Move Up --- but when I go to the site am able to log in.  

Let us know what they tell you.    I was going to call Zenith Desk tomorrow also.    I had a Celebrity cancelled cruise to South America and told I would receive a Credit of $400.     After over a month I still haven't received it, even though the cancelled my reservation in less than a week.

Jim: Neither my husband nor Ilistened to the webinar for the simple reason the that we never  received any sort of notification.  None. Zero. Zilch. Ne-Dada.  

The woman i spoke with today (I have her name) was very polite but couldn't tell me why didn't receive that September 26th e-mail.  And we hit Zenith in 2016 so that e-mail should be in their "system."  

I asked her for our e-mail on file and the e-mail address she repeated me was correct.  We have had the same e-mail address since e-mail was "invented."  While the number of Zeniths has significantly increased since 2016 it is not as if there are are a million.

32 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Jim: Neither my husband nor Ilistened to the webinar for the simple reason the that we never  received any sort of notification.  None. Zero. Zilch. Ne-Dada.  

The woman i spoke with today (I have her name) was very polite but couldn't tell me why didn't receive that September 26th e-mail.  And we hit Zenith in 2016 so that e-mail should be in their "system."  

I asked her for our e-mail on file and the e-mail address she repeated me was correct.  We have had the same e-mail address since e-mail was "invented."  While the number of Zeniths has significantly increased since 2016 it is not as if there are are a million.

We have sporadically and rarely  received  emails for Move Up, PUP, etc but since we can get the info on CC or by looking at our booking on line not a big deal.  We did get 2 emails to submit questions to LBH for the webinar, of course they were generic     not personalized emails. We got the link on CC and listened to the webinar, found it very interesting.  LBH said the Infinite Verandas don’t work for her and her DH as she is a morning person and he isn’t  😂

Unless something changes in the next 30 days we will be junior members of the Z group.  Hope our paths will cross.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you listened to the recent webinar -  She repeated the term "Our Most Loyal CC Members"   then they forget to sent one to you.  

I received mine about noon the day it was released.   

I noticed that 90% of the time we never get the e-mail about Move Up --- but when I go to the site am able to log in.  

Let us know what they tell you.    I was going to call Zenith Desk tomorrow also.    I had a Celebrity cancelled cruise to South America and told I would receive a Credit of $400.     After over a month I still haven't received it, even though the cancelled my reservation in less than a week.

JIm--Yeah, she kept on saying 'our most loyal customers/members' but if memory serves, the first e-mailed question asked of her was from a Classic member, not a Zenith. I'm just Elite, but I found that pretty odd.

I've found the emails I get/don't get from X to be odd.  I get AT LEAST 3 emails a day advertising a 'great sale' on X (sometimes as many as 5/day), but I never got the one with the link to the photo package we bought on our cruise. It never came and Celebrity can't find it.  Go figure.

Move up is a whole other type of odd/funny.  Two cruises ago we had the PH Suite on the Millie--but we still got 2 Move-Up emails per week suggesting we bid on a Move-Up--to where??  For our last cruise on the Edge, the Retreat was fully sold out but we still got those same Move-Up emails.   Bad automation. 

3 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Move up is a whole other type of odd/funny.  Two cruises ago we had the PH Suite on the Millie--but we still got 2 Move-Up emails per week suggesting we bid on a Move-Up--to where??  For our last cruise on the Edge, the Retreat was fully sold out but we still got those same Move-Up emails.   Bad automation. 

I had the same experience the last time I booked the PH.  That was on the Summit.  Nothing to move up to from the PH.  Thought it was pretty funny.

As for move up and PUP e-mails, I used to get them but then they mysteriously vanished.  Still get all their marketing e-mails.  So I just depend on Cruise Critic to alert me when something is going on.  And, yes, I can access move up from my reservation.  If there is something to move up to.  😁

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

6 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I had the same experience the last time I booked the PH.  That was on the Summit.  Nothing to move up to from the PH.  Thought it was pretty funny.

As for move up and PUP e-mails, I used to get them but then they mysteriously vanished.  Still get all their marketing e-mails.  So I just depend on Cruise Critic to alert me when something is going on.  And, yes, I can access move up from my reservation.  If there is something to move up to.  😁

We cruise in suites and do not receive emails for Move Up, PUP, etc. But certainly, as everyone, get the emails about balance due! We are in SS on Connie and Dec and no emails. Oh well, not a biggie for us. 

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I do think the reference to our "most loyal customers" was aimed at Captains Club in general who was the target of the webinar.

IMO, you are correct.

A sad situation when some people will not review the presentation for the simple reason that they did not receive an e mail.  I suspect the emails asking for questions was a small representative  sample of all Captain Club members.  IMO they hit a lot of the popular/confusing topics.  

4 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Ha, yes indeed.  I thought it was funny, too, for the first 5 Move UP emails...but then it got tedious. High class problem, for sure!  😇

On 9/28/2023 at 7:15 PM, Northern Aurora said:

We are two Zeniths who did not receive the September 26 e-mail.  From reading comments on this thread we apparently were not the only ones.  

Yesterday was a very busy day so I had to wait until today to call the Zenith Concierge phone number.  The concierge checked our e-mail address and they certainly have our correct e-mail address.  It is an e-mail address we have had since e-mail was introduced.  She again asked if I had checked our spam and junk folders; I certainly did so and that September 26 e-mail was not there.  She has no idea as to why we didn't receive it and also told me that she had fielded several reports from other Zeniths that they didn't receive it either.  She stated she would report it and also sent me the content of the e-mail.  

We received the November 2020 e-mail notification that Zeniths would be restricted from Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge.  We've received e-mails about itinerary changes in a set of spring Japan cruises and more recently an e-mail as to how passports will be collected at a Jordon port call.  Really don't need that September 26 e-mail as every cruise we have done since the resumption of passenger operations has been in suites and all booked going forward are also in suites.  It is just so annoying that they can't get their act together.  

The Celebrity Website, under Captain Club Benefits, states Zeniths have access to the Retreat Lounge/Michaels Club.

14 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

The Celebrity Website, under Captain Club Benefits, states Zeniths have access to the Retreat Lounge/Michaels Club.

Not only have we been Zenith members of the Captain's Club since 2016 we also travel in suites.   Despite not receiving the mass mailed e-mail sent last Tuesday to Zenith members due to both private e-mails with Zenith friends and Cruise Critic I am well aware that Zeniths are now re-instated into Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge.  While, since we book suites, the ban didn't directly impact us I am still happy that this long standing Zenith perk has been re-instated.

• Like 3

Here is an example of the number of Zeniths on each sailing. The Millennium Trans Pacific cruise from Vancouver to Japan (which just ended) had 17 Zeniths onboard. The subsequent cruise starting today is a Japan / Korea sailing. It only has 4 Zeniths onboard. With over 400 total B2B guests onboard not a single suite guest showed up to the Retreat lounge for priority B2B processing !!!

23 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Move up is a whole other type of odd/funny.  Two cruises ago we had the PH Suite on the Millie--but we still got 2 Move-Up emails per week suggesting we bid on a Move-Up--to where?? . 

20 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I had the same experience the last time I booked the PH.  That was on the Summit.  Nothing to move up to from the PH.

I haven't encountered that problem yet.  😂

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Texed said:

I haven't encountered that problem yet.  😂

I never will unless Celebrity, for whatever reason, decides to make a huge mistake and think I’m a celebrity or very, very special.  However, I have been invited by friends to visit a few times, so that’s a very nice perk by kind souls.  In the future if I do find out that you are in one, rest assured that I will be knocking on your door🤩with a huge plate of waffles😜

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2