Zenith access to Retreat Lounge

TrueCruiseaholic

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I love Celebrity.  Advertise something as a suite without any of the benefits.  (Sky Suite)  OK if you say so up front.  Not cool if you take people's money then change the rules.

Also interesting how we have these different segments of passengers, each more important than the others.  Upper suites, lower suites, Zenith, Aqua, other pax etc.

The way to get repeat business is to treat those pax well, not treat them like trash.

You should read the transcripts from X's parent company, RCG, where the CEO, Jason Liberty, talks about how surprised they are that they keep rising prices and the bookings remain the same.  X's has already told those in Sky Suites that they are welcome to cancel or pay for an upgrade if they don't like the Retreat team.  RCG is a for-profit organization yet with the sole exception of startlink, all we get is cutbacks and increased prices.  It would go a long way if, for every 5 cutbacks, they gave us 1 passenger-friendly product/service.  Why not offer ONE per sailing fresh-baked cookie for free like the gelato?  Giving passengers something softens the blow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You should read the transcripts from X's parent company, RCG, where the CEO, Jason Liberty, talks about how surprised they are that they keep rising prices and the bookings remain the same. 

I guess it's the dream of most corporations to find themselves with a product with essentially inelastic demand. And, like it or not as a consumer, they'd be crazy not to milk that. But it won't last, and the ultimate backlash could be a bear.

Of course, it's entirely possible this phenomena is hitting all or many cruise lines. We'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markeb said:

I guess it's the dream of most corporations to find themselves with a product with essentially inelastic demand. And, like it or not as a consumer, they'd be crazy not to milk that. But it won't last, and the ultimate backlash could be a bear.

Of course, it's entirely possible this phenomena is hitting all or many cruise lines. We'll see.

Both RCG and CCL are claiming they're closing the price gap between cruises and land resorts and to be fair, land resorts along with regular hotels have also increased.  However, there are exceptions such as the bargain AI resorts in Cancun/Playa Del Carmen/Tulum which have their pros and cons.   It seems X's prices have increased far more than the true luxury cruise lines which coincidentally means they're closing that price gap as well.  Combined with the cutbacks, many have realized including some well-known CC regulars that if you're willing to pay a little more, you'll get a lot more with a true luxury line.  There isn't a way for X to track when that happens unless they book Silversea

Who knows, maybe the lounge access will increase bookings and bring back some Zeniths

9 hours ago, doghog said:

The Celebrity CC concierge for that specific cruise would have the numbers for both groups and make the decision based on that if Zeniths would be permitted in the RL. The RC CAS LA does that when making the decision to allow Pinnacles in the SL. 

I still think it's a bad idea.  Sorry to hear that's how it's handled on Royal as most of the X changes seem to be to Royalize everything.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You should read the transcripts from X's parent company, RCG, where the CEO, Jason Liberty, talks about how surprised they are that they keep rising prices and the bookings remain the same.  X's has already told those in Sky Suites that they are welcome to cancel or pay for an upgrade if they don't like the Retreat team.  RCG is a for-profit organization yet with the sole exception of startlink, all we get is cutbacks and increased prices.  It would go a long way if, for every 5 cutbacks, they gave us 1 passenger-friendly product/service.  Why not offer ONE per sailing fresh-baked cookie for free like the gelato?  Giving passengers something softens the blow

We have a sky suite booked and have not been told anything from Celebrity about not having a butler etc despite those things being there when we booked, we haven’t been asked if we want to cancel or move to a higher suite either. I think their customer service is appalling.

This will be our first and now our last time in a suite of any kind on a Celebrity ship.  We were looking to book The Retreat for our silver wedding anniversary but are now booking Queens Grills with Cunard instead.

very disappointed with Celebrity I must say.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, RD64 said:

As on most cruise line loyalty policies - it is about the free laundry - people will take xxxx number of cruises just to get the free laundry which seems to be the be apex of cruising seniority these days - you aren’t anyone unless you get a free bag of laundry. Has anyone actually ventured to calculate how much that free bag of laundry cost over the years?

There’s no way I’d ever let them do my laundry!  Free or not. Just no. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Sure we can cancel.  And lose our 10% deposit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

There’s no way I’d ever let them do my laundry!  Free or not. Just no. 

Same - most my clothes are washed on delicate and cold so basically nothing would come back in good condition if I handed my clothes over to them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Same - most my clothes are washed on delicate and cold so basically nothing would come back in good condition if I handed my clothes over to them

39 minutes ago, verizon said:

Why not thats the best benefit I get from Celebrity.

Lena expressed it perfectly.  I wash most things in cold and line dry. And I don't really want anyone handling my underwear and such... DH could care less so maybe it's a good perk for him. 

OTOH, I can see how this might be very useful on a longer cruise.  Longest I've done to date is 9 nights so I just took enough clothing to cover it.  For longer cruises, I would definitely consider sending a bag of DH's clothes to be laundered...not mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midsomer Madness said:

We have a sky suite booked and have not been told anything from Celebrity about not having a butler etc despite those things being there when we booked, we haven’t been asked if we want to cancel or move to a higher suite either. I think their customer service is appalling.

To that end, I called Celebrity last week (captain's club) to get my 15% off discount on the drinks package upgrade and while on hold, I listened to their recorded advertisements of all things on offer with Celebrity cruises.  Interestingly, my ears perked up when it go to the suite perks...they have not amended their recorded info. and still insist that a "dedicated butler for all suites" is on offer.  I guess they are getting around it with the butler team...IDK...but was very misleading...

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Midsomer Madness said:

We have a sky suite booked and have not been told anything from Celebrity about not having a butler etc despite those things being there when we booked, we haven’t been asked if we want to cancel or move to a higher suite either.

You still have a butler not just the same person the entire cruise.  We were onboard the Millie in August before the team concept started. I spoke at length to the hotel director about the change. She assured me that the service would still be great. I spoke to our Butler whom we had 2X prior and he wasn't concerned with the new change. I am waiting for our cruise this week (18 days) before I make a decision whether its good or bad. Yes we are in a Sky Suite.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

You still have a butler not just the same person the entire cruise.  We were onboard the Millie in August before the team concept started. I spoke at length to the hotel director about the change. She assured me that the service would still be great. I spoke to our Butler whom we had 2X prior and he wasn't concerned with the new change. I am waiting for our cruise this week (18 days) before I make a decision whether its good or bad. Yes we are in a Sky Suite.

But that’s not the point really…we were sold a cruise with this and that, paid a premium for it to now not receive what we originally paid for, I have read a few posts on here and on social media from people currently in sky suites who say the cabin steward now does what the butler did, only they don’t and they have just been renamed Retreat Hosts but are actually still just cabin stewards.

Dont get me wrong, Celebrity are entitled to do what they want but I think it would have been better to bring these changes in when a new seasons brochure came out so people could choose whether they want to purchase a sky suite and not get what was once offered, will there be a decrease in price?I very much doubt it.

Cunard have Queens Grill and Princess Grill, the latter being similar to a Sky Suite and the former are the higher end suites, but you know when you book what you are getting..other cruiselines have suites and mini suites, again you know what you are getting when you book.  The removal of certain “perk” after you have booked is poor and to not even bother advising people who have already booked is dreadful customer service, as I have said it means we won’t be booking Celebrity again for a suite experience

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Midsomer Madness said:

But that’s not the point really…we were sold a cruise with this and that, paid a premium for it to now not receive what we originally paid for, I have read a few posts on here and on social media from people currently in sky suites who say the cabin steward now does what the butler did, only they don’t and they have just been renamed Retreat Hosts but are actually still just cabin stewards.

Dont get me wrong, Celebrity are entitled to do what they want but I think it would have been better to bring these changes in when a new seasons brochure came out so people could choose whether they want to purchase a sky suite and not get what was once offered, will there be a decrease in price?I very much doubt it.

Cunard have Queens Grill and Princess Grill, the latter being similar to a Sky Suite and the former are the higher end suites, but you know when you book what you are getting..other cruiselines have suites and mini suites, again you know what you are getting when you book.  The removal of certain “perk” after you have booked is poor and to not even bother advising people who have already booked is dreadful customer service, as I have said it means we won’t be booking Celebrity again for a suite experience

Exactly.  What will be removed from benefits NEXT?  “Well your contract says we can change anything lolz”.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Midsomer Madness said:

I agree, except I don’t consider having a Butler to be a “perk” but rather an included service in the price we paid for the cruise, just the same as the cabin attendant. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I still think it's a bad idea.  Sorry to hear that's how it's handled on Royal as most of the X changes seem to be to Royalize everything.

I don't. But I'm not Zenith or cruise in full suites. If I was Zenith I'd like the offer.  I use to read a lot of complaints from full suite posters on the RCI forum when Pinnacles were always allowed in the SL. Not so much anymore under the current exception if the Pinnacle numbers are low. But if the Pinnacle numbers on a specific cruise (like the president cruises) are high then the CAS LA also will set up a temporary Pinnacle Lounge. A lot of D,D+ and Ps don't use the DL as much now with the 4,5,and 6 drinks loaded on the Seapass cards to be used anytime of the day, at most bars and the drinks can be ordered from the regular bar menu. We still use the DL for a couple of pre supper drinks and a lite snack. I believe the cost of the CAS drinks have a cap of $15.00 per drink. Since you brought up Royalize, I like to see that change made to the current CC HH. 

Edited by doghog

47 minutes ago, Midsomer Madness said:

I have read a few posts on here and on social media from people currently in sky suites who say the cabin steward now does what the butler did, only they don’t and they have just been renamed Retreat Hosts but are actually still just cabin stewards.

You have every right to be upset of how the new "Retreat Team" was introduced and the consumer privilege to never sail with Celebrity again. Thats why I spoke with the Hotel Manager at length on our August cruise to hear her input.  It doesn't matter to me what the staff member title is as long as our needs our met.  I will make my decision whether its a change is for the better or worse  on our upcoming cruise. If the cabin steward does the job of the Butler I am fine with that. We have room attendants who have been better than some of our Butlers and we have had awesome Butlers who anticipated our needs.   Happy Cruising!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, doghog said:

I don't. But I'm not Zenith or cruise in full suites. If I was Zenith I'd like the offer.  I use to read a lot of complaints from full suite posters on the RCI forum when Pinnacles were always allowed in the SL. Not so much anymore under the current exception if the Pinnacle numbers are low. But if the Pinnacle numbers on a specific cruise (like the president cruises) are high then the CAS LA also will set up a temporary Pinnacle Lounge. A lot of D,D+ and Ps don't use the DL as much now with the 4,5,and 6 drinks loaded on the Seapass cards to be used anytime of the day, at most bars and the drinks can be ordered from the regular bar menu. We still use the DL for a couple of pre supper drinks and a lite snack. I believe the cost of the CAS drinks have a cap of $15.00 per drink. Since you brought up Royalize, I like to see that change made to the current CC HH. 

I think the big difference between RCL and Celebrity is that Zenith get the beverage package but I do not believe Pinnacle get a package just the drink coupons.  That is probably why so many pinnacles are in the lounge and spend the entire time there getting their fill of drinks. 😁

Edited by micruiser2002

Just now, micruiser2002 said:

I think the big difference between RCL and Celebrity is that Zenith get the beverage package but I do not believe Pinnacle get a package just the drink coupons.  That is probably why so many are in the lounge and spend the entire time there getting their fill of drinks. 😁

Not any more. At least the CAS drinks. 😁