Zenith access to Retreat Lounge

TrueCruiseaholic

This Zenith access should never have been taken away in the first place.  It just served to irritate Celebrity's most Loyal customers for no good reason.  A handful of Zenith's on board would really not cause much crowding in the lounge, even if they were all there at the same time.  Over the years I have met many Zenith members in the lounge and have enjoyed many a conversation with them.  Welcome back!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

This Zenith access should never have been taken away in the first place.  It just served to irritate Celebrity's most Loyal customers for no good reason.  A handful of Zenith's on board would really not cause much crowding in the lounge, even if they were all there at the same time.  Over the years I have met many Zenith members in the lounge and have enjoyed many a conversation with them.  Welcome back!

I agree with this, I've never really seen the lounge THAT crowded where a few Zeniths would make a difference. That said, only Celebrity knows how many Zeniths there are and perhaps more importantly, how many are close to hitting Zenith.

Would Zeniths also have access to the services of the Retreat Concierges or just access to the venue and bar service?

Zeniths have never been allowed in the Retreat and I would not expect that to be included. I only want Celebrity to restore the previous benefits that they said they would after Covid. I hope that benefits would be restored at all levels. 

• Like 2

Welcome back Zenith’s!

I would hope that as they know how many Zeniths are on each cruise they will have a ‘plan B’ on cruises where they know there are lots of Zeniths on board…If I was a Zenith (which I am unlikely to ever get to) I wouldn’t take kindly to being told ‘sorry the lounge is too full this cruise’ without them offering an alternative. 

Hi all! I am a Zenith member currently sailing on Celebrity Edge. It doesn’t seem that the news have reached CC hostess yet and Retreat lounge is not available to Zenith members traveling in non Suite staterooms. Looking forward to Tuesday to see if the “official” announcement will materialize. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Zeniths have never been allowed in the Retreat and I would not expect that to be included.

I though Zeniths used to be allowed in the Retreat Lounge and that's what is being restored. Isn't that what this thread is about?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I though Zeniths used to be allowed in the Retreat Lounge and that's what is being restored. Isn't that what this thread is about?

I could be wrong, but I believe Orator is talking about the Retreat sun deck, pool, and hot tub area on the "E" class ships.  🙂

17 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Space available starting today on Solstice.

Full announcement to come Tuesday.

Does this mean they will also have access to the beverages and snacks that current Suite guests must now serve themselves?  We already anticipate coolers in lounge to be empty most of the time as SS suites no longer have Butlers to keep frigs stocked and we must tote our bags and fill them up in order to have beverages in our suites.  Just another turn of events....Guess we will see how this plays out.

If you’ve paid for First Class on a European or Middle Eastern airline and have frequent fliers trying to sit at the bar you’d be rightly hacked off.

Same with Celebrity. Why should they get this ‘right’?

With so many lovely bars throughout the ship why is there a need for access to The Retreat?

Do they want to laud it up over the rest of us? I’ve seen these people on so many cruises having this perceived right of passage over the ‘younger’ ones.

It’s a ‘suite’ area. IMHO it should remain so.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

If you’ve paid for First Class on a European or Middle Eastern airline and have frequent fliers trying to sit at the bar you’d be rightly hacked off.

With so many lovely bars throughout the ship why is there a need for access to The Retreat?

Do they want to laud it up over the rest of us? I’ve seen these people on so many cruises having this perceived right of passage over the ‘younger’ ones.

Zeniths have never had access to the Retreat bars only MC/ Retreat Lounge and I don't believe that they will have access to the Retreat deck or bars under the proposed policy. Celebrity is only restoring a policy that they had prior to Covid that they promised to restore once they gained control of Covid.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Orator said:

Zeniths have never had access to the Retreat bars only MC/ Retreat Lounge and I don't believe that they will have access to the Retreat deck or bars under the proposed policy. Celebrity is only restoring a policy that they had prior to Covid that they promised to restore once they gained control of Covid.

Confused?  MC/Retreat Lounge has a bar.  Are you suggesting that Zenith can enter but not get a drink?  Other than the bar on the E class Sundeck what other Retreat bars are you referring to?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Orator said:

Zeniths have never been allowed in the Retreat and I would not expect that to be included. I only want Celebrity to restore the previous benefits that they said they would after Covid. I hope that benefits would be restored at all levels. 

What? I think you are mistaken.  Zeniths were definitely allowed in the Retreat, but not on the Retreat Deck

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Orator said:

The Retreat Lounge is a bar.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

What? I think you are mistaken.  Zeniths were definitely allowed in the Retreat, but not on the Retreat Deck

That's what I was saying. They were allowed in Retreat/MC, but not on the Retreat deck to sit or get a drink.

1 hour ago, swjumbo said:

Access to the Retreat lounge has been advertised as a Zenith perk for as long as a suite lounge has existed. Zenith guests over the years have ‘paid for’ a seat in the Retreat Lounge. This is not a new perk for Zeniths, it is a perk that was taken away during the return to cruising post pandemic. Understandable at the time with the need for guests to distance but now it needs reinstating to give loyal guests what they were promised.

Personally, we have occasionally found ourselves chatting to guests in Michael’s/Retreat who we have later found out to be Zenith, invariably good company.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, swjumbo said:

just wow!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

We avoid the Retreat Lounge on Senior Officers night, never understood the why it was such a big deal.  

I have to agree with you.    We generally skip it - especially with Covid.   The room is often so packed you can't find a place to sit down.  Since Zenith's generally have more opportunity to meet and get to know the Officers it really isn't important.  

We also don't clamor to have our picture taken with the Captain.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

While I appreciate its reinstatement, I've never been one to hang out at MC/Retreat when booked in a suite and that won't be changing.  Always have other favorite bars on the different ships.  But I can safely say the furniture in the Summit's Retreat is horrid (not one chair with arms except the concierges'); even though it's old, MC furniture is much more comfortable.  Also, there's no need to go to just the Retreat for beverage supply for your suite; you can get water/sodas from any bar.  My next cruise is on M-class where I have an aft cabin, waaay aft  MC is way forward = definitely not gonna happen.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have to agree with you.    We generally skip it - especially with Covid.   The room is often so packed you can't find a place to sit down.  Since Zenith's generally have more opportunity to meet and get to know the Officers it really isn't important.  

We also don't clamor to have our picture taken with the Captain.   

I like to meet and introduce myself to the senior officers.  I wear a mask because of the crowd and don't get my picture taken.  (I run away from cameras.)  Not a Zenith.  Maybe someday, maybe not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunnyBGI said:

Hi all! I am a Zenith member currently sailing on Celebrity Edge. It doesn’t seem that the news have reached CC hostess yet and Retreat lounge is not available to Zenith members traveling in non Suite staterooms. Looking forward to Tuesday to see if the “official” announcement will materialize. 

My kids are onboard Millennium presently. CCH knows about it but has to talk in code. Will be allowing access the day after the formal announcement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Access to the Retreat lounge has been advertised as a Zenith perk for as long as a suite lounge has existed. Zenith guests over the years have ‘paid for’ a seat in the Retreat Lounge. This is not a new perk for Zeniths, it is a perk that was taken away during the return to cruising post pandemic. Understandable at the time with the need for guests to distance but now it needs reinstating to give loyal guests what they were promised.

Personally, we have occasionally found ourselves chatting to guests in Michael’s/Retreat who we have later found out to be Zenith, invariably good company.

"Promised" is a word almost never used in travel hospitality lounges these days.  Delta has basically gutted its loyalty program and lounge access over time and certainly in the last week or so, Go look at Flyertalk.com in the DL forum for that blowback.  

X must be seeing a dip in zenith cruise reservations and think that this will stall its decline. It certainly isnt because it is "right". 

The total number of zeniths on any given cruise is probably pretty low to allow this without impacting full fare suite customers 

I seriously don’t get it. There are so many lovely bars and restaurants throughout the ship why clamour to get into The Retreat?

Yes the staff are lovely; but they’re lovely everywhere else too.

The Captain, Hotel Director and the rest of the officers are very visible around the ship and equally approachable. Why is it necessary to meet them in Michael’s Club or The Retreat?

On our last cruise we were lucky enough to be invited to the Senior Officers’ party because of our CC status. We only got this status because of double points and some suite cruises during Covid.

Whilst it was nice to see a few familiar faces, we also know that these officers have a ship to run and can’t spend all their time speaking to us.

We realise that we’re not the only VIP’s on the ship. Every passenger is an VIP. Guests should be content with the amenities and areas they have paid for.

• Like 2