Two adults, no kids....what cruise line/ship/cruise would you pick?

kaz828

We need a lot more info here. Where do you want to cruise to? Is budget a serious restriction?

There are many cruise lines that are adult only in fact, or essentially adult only. There are cruise lines, like Disney, that cater totally to kids.

When you can cruise matters a lot. During school times, the number of kids drops a lot. Longer cruises (greater than 10 days) have a lot less kids, typically.

• Like 1

As CruiserBruce indicates, you aren't providing much information to go on, so I will answer it this way - most cruise lines will offer adult oriented areas on board.  But in terms of cruise lines that cater mainly to adults, Virgin is adults only, but caters primarily to a younger to mid age adult demographic. Of the main stream lines, Celebrity is primarily an adult focus more to the mid to older adults, with little on board for children, and HAL is primarily an adult focus more to the older adults.  There are also a number of premium lines such as Viking, Crystal, Seabourn Regent Seven Seas, Silver Sea, Oceana, etc., that have mainly and adult focus.

You really need to provide more input as to your preferences, itineraries, budget, etc. to get a better idea of different cruise lines that may appeal to you.  But my suggestion would be to contact a travel agent and work with them on your selection.  They would be able to best match a cruise line that would suite your preferences.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

I would go with MSc yacht club, celebrity is more of an adult line , not lots of things to attract children, I would do Edge class.

But still be careful about when you cruise and length of cruise.  Yacht Club doesn't prohibit kids.  And the most toxic kid I ever encountered at sea was in the Yacht Club.  She would scream at her grandmother in the Topsail Loungenand the parents did nothing.  Pax, including us, requested to be seated nowhere near them in the restaurant.  And while Yacht Club has nothing to attract kids, just outside the enclave is a big ship with lots for kids to do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

But still be careful about when you cruise and length of cruise.  Yacht Club doesn't prohibit kids.  And the most toxic kid I ever encountered at sea was in the Yacht Club.  She would scream at her grandmother in the Topsail Loungenand the parents did nothing.  Pax, including us, requested to be seated nowhere near them in the restaurant.  And while Yacht Club has nothing to attract kids, just outside the enclave is a big ship with lots for kids to do.

There was just 1 on our cruise , but I guess you can find annoying children or adults anywhere. I like my yearly celebrity music charter it’s expensive but it’s 18 or older . 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

If you go during the school year, on lines such as Holland America there will be very few, if any kids. We might have seen one on our recent HAL cruises. And as others have said, several lines, such as Viking, are adult only.

Agree time you cruise is a big factor, Hal normally has very few children but my sister once did a cruise during summer with them to Alaska she said she never saw so many children on a cruise.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kaz828 said:

We are looking for some adult only areas, what would you pick? 

If you're both (all?) under 50, then Virgin Voyages is definitely looking for you.  They're adults-only, as mentioned elsewhere.  Their entertainment and atmosphere are distinctly mature.

And also as mentioned elsewhere, almost all cruise lines have adults-only areas.  Curiously, I've heard that Disney has the most.

15 hours ago, George C said:

I like my yearly celebrity music charter it’s expensive but it’s 18 or older . 

I like my music charters when I get the chance to take them.  So far, they've all been 18+ or 21+.  The passengers onboard can get a little wild. 🙃

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

If you're both (all?) under 50, then Virgin Voyages is definitely looking for you.  They're adults-only, as mentioned elsewhere.  Their entertainment and atmosphere are distinctly mature.

And also as mentioned elsewhere, almost all cruise lines have adults-only areas.  Curiously, I've heard that Disney has the most.

I like my music charters when I get the chance to take them.  So far, they've all been 18+ or 21+.  The passengers onboard can get a little wild. 🙃

They did not say that.  In fact they did not say anything at all about themselves and they have not been back  

DON

On 9/29/2023 at 5:28 AM, kaz828 said:

We are looking for some adult only areas, what would you pick? 

There are only 4 adult only cruise lines I am aware of:

- Viking Ocean/River/Expeditions (18+)

- Virgin Voyages (18+)

- P&O UK (18+) Note: Only Aurora & Arcadia are adult only

- Saga Cruises (50+)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

There are only 4 adult only cruise lines I am aware of:

- Viking Ocean/River/Expeditions (18+)

- Virgin Voyages (18+)

- P&O UK (18+) Note: Only Aurora & Arcadia are adult only

- Saga Cruises (50+)

You can add Ambassador to that list (18+ except for a couple of multi-generational cruises per year, no-fly out of UK). 2 older ships and quite traditional.

• Thanks 2

On 9/29/2023 at 8:43 AM, CruiserBruce said:

We need a lot more info here. Where do you want to cruise to? Is budget a serious restriction?

There are many cruise lines that are adult only in fact, or essentially adult only. There are cruise lines, like Disney, that cater totally to kids.

When you can cruise matters a lot. During school times, the number of kids drops a lot. Longer cruises (greater than 10 days) have a lot less kids, typically.

We do not need an adults only cruise but a cruise line/ship that has some adult only areas ideally. We are looking at the Caribbean

On 9/30/2023 at 3:42 AM, CDNPolar said:

Personally, we prefer the entire ship to be adult only and choose our cruise line that way.  This limits your choices however.

Like the rest, more information please.

We atleast would like some adult only areas on the ship, beyond that open

46 minutes ago, kaz828 said:

We do not need an adults only cruise but a cruise line/ship that has some adult only areas ideally. We are looking at the Caribbean

Unfortunately, ships that have some adults only areas do not always enforce the rule.  The more upscale, and expensive lines, tend to have few children.  Viking is certainly a great option to always avoid kids/teens.

Hank

8 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

You can add Ambassador to that list (18+ except for a couple of multi-generational cruises per year, no-fly out of UK). 2 older ships and quite traditional.

Thanks, are they the new outfit resurrected from CMV.