Is a picnic possible?

mcroadman

12 hours ago, mcroadman said:

We are on the Equinox in a week!  🥰🛳🥰🛳

and wondered if one of our island visits could include a picnic of some fashion. Can I get sandwiches to go some how?

Thanks 🛳🛳🛳🥰

Not supposed to take any non pre-packaged food off the ship

Edited by awhfy

3 hours ago, mcroadman said:

Wow! 
thanks for the advice and counsel. We will look for a nice tiki hut under a palm tree, and find something local on the islands. I appreciate those interested in supporting regulations, and supporting a good time, without delay, for all.

Happy cruising! 

I'm very glad you have decided to follow the correct advice that was provided. Enjoy your (locally sourced) picnic!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

You are only checked when re boarding.

Wouldn't bet on that.   I've been checked many times.    In Cabo last year everyone had to open backpacks for a inspection after departing the tender and lots of things confiscated.  Many ports in South America all backpacks had to be put through an Agriculture inspection xray prior to departure from the terminal.  

Not sure why anyone would purposefully ignore the instruction and potentially cause destruction of the local agriculture.   Surely we can all stop at a local store an purchase your picnic needs.

Many Countries like Australia and New Zealand are very serious about enforcement and first offense can cost you $300+

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

And the laws are not new.  

and it would be hard to miss the announcements made over the PA system at every single port warning about taking any food offf the ship. 

ABE05EDE-CFFF-4766-A8C5-FE60391E9BA0.jpeg

".... meats or other animal products, live birds, or sandwiches."

Is there a problem with people bringing live birds on a cruise ship?  And I love how they are so casually mentioned in the middle of typical foods passengers might try to take off!   🤣

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, prmssk said:

".... meats or other animal products, live birds, or sandwiches."

Is there a problem with people bringing live birds on a cruise ship?  And I love how they are so casually mentioned in the middle of typical foods passengers might try to take off!   🤣

Some birds are very much in demand and can be sold for large amounts.  Just watched a ‘to catch a smuggler’ on National Geographic last night where a man was smuggling small birds from, I think, Jamaica.  Birds can also carry diseases.  EM

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Some birds are very much in demand and can be sold for large amounts.  Just watched a ‘to catch a smuggler’ on National Geographic last night where a man was smuggling small birds from, I think, Jamaica.  Birds can also carry diseases.  EM

I wasn't doubting the damage that can be done by importing live birds or that there are smugglers who do just that.  I'm just not sure how often that smuggling happens through cruise ships.

I had a funny experience in the Sydney Airport.  We were traveling on land independently and had been using a woven bag previously to bring back breakfast rolls from a local bakery to our hotel while in New Zealand.  But at Sydney an official and her dog were waiting.  The dog made a bee-line towards my bag which, despite being empty, still must have smelled of food. Of course, I was checked out and even though found to be innocent, that dog continued to eye me suspiciously until I left the area.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, prmssk said:

I wasn't doubting the damage that can be done by importing live birds or that there are smugglers who do just that.  I'm just not sure how often that smuggling happens through cruise ships.

You never know.   We were on a ship once and at our first stop on Prince Edward Island.  We saw the ship swarming RMP (Royal Mounted Police).   They took 4 people away.  

Later read in the newspaper they had smuggled 14 Chinese "immigrants' in and they had taken a runner and were never caught.  So much for a boarder wall when you can come in First Class.