Celebrity Pass ....new purchase for priority boarding, etc ?

Smmessineo

I got an email but it left out the part about having to purchase it…

it seems like they are taking a page from Princess with this…

just looked at it again …I didn’t have the letter but if I clicked booked now it says it’s available to purchase for 32.99 a day…ugh

in looking what it offers I do not see the value…

Edited by Susanb10567
  • Like 3

• Reminds me of Carnival's Faster to the Fun pass...don't know if it's a per day charge, tho.  I'm good with my embarkation time slot.  I learned back in July when we embarked at FLL that the hype for priority boarding for suite guests was a lot of hype.  I'm sure it's great in certain circumstances...Lord knows I've taken advantage of it as a suite guest but at the end of the day, we are all getting on the ship...unless of course, someone misses the boat.  I think I will skip this purchase....for now.
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, 39august said:

Also RCI. They have sold "The Key" for years. 

And that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this.  

What irks me the most is here are some of the Retreat perks being sold further devaluing the Retreat experience.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

another money grab..to make yet another special group!  who will handle them? will they get a Butler?

Where will they  wait for the priority boarding,?  Will they board  before, with  or after suite guests? 

Where will they have their exclusive boarding  lunch?  mdr with Concierge guests?  In Luminae with Suite guests? other?

Where will they sit in the theater?  with suite guests? or take more space from others?

Another group with priority disembark at tender ports.....we  can't All be first!

how does the math work out if folks order lots of room service,,,?

seems they  implementing the  model of  Royal C. Maybe a  good value on Royal  huge ships but not  really needed on X.   Too bad no mgrs are  left from CELEBRITY to turn things around.

They should just  serve better quality food with nicer presentations, and service and they can justify their prices and increase bookings which must be slumping.m

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

It looks like Celebrity is “taking a dive to the bottom” to become a mass market line.

another revenue grab which I see as cheapening their product.  

why don’t they just replace the logo’s, rename this ships and admit Celebrity is the same as Royal Caribbean.  

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

another money grab..to make yet another special group!  who will handle them? will they get a Butler?

Where will they  wait for the priority boarding,?  Will they board  before, with  or after suite guests? 

Where will they have their exclusive boarding  lunch?  mdr with Concierge guests?  In Luminae with Suite guests? other?

Where will they sit in the theater?  with suite guests? or take more space from others?

Another group with priority disembark at tender ports.....we  can't All be first!

how does the math work out if folks order lots of room service,,,?

seems they  implementing the  model of  Royal C. Maybe a  good value on Royal  huge ships but not  really needed on X.   Too bad no mgrs are  left from CELEBRITY to turn things around.

They should just  serve better quality food with nicer presentations, and service and they can justify their prices and increase bookings which must be slumping.m

All good questions about the practical details.

i haven’t dug into the math, but I think $33/pd is not that bad since it includes the wifi and room service fees. It could be an ok value if those are important to someone.
The theatre seating perk? No thanks, we haven’t been to the shows in 4-5 years, the volume level is too high, even for my wife after she takes off her hearing aids. Well, once or twice we have briefly sat in seats in the last row, then made a quick exit when our noise level fears we’re confirmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

And that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this.  

What irks me the most is here are some of the Retreat perks being sold further devaluing the Retreat experience.  

I feel the same. Already paying a huge surcharge in suite pricing and now they want to sell some of the perks as stand-alone after already taking away the dedicated butler I PAID for when I booked? Frustrating and seems so low class to me. I feel like I’m sailing with a Kmart blue light special. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

In our younger lives, we cruised RC. Then there were no room service fees. No limits on what we could carry on. And there was  the ability to buy a bottle of spirits onboard for use in the room at a cost less than on land. We tipped for room service, but there was no mandatory fee. We had envelopes to tip our waiter and room steward, which we did. Then, after 9/11, everything changed. Passengers couldn’t carry on anything, and spirits bought onboard became only for post-cruise consumption. Some booked passengers were caught by surprise with the restrictive rules, and they were not happy! After that, we never cruised RC again, and probably never will. It seems to me that Celebrity is trending toward RC’s marketing plan. I don’t like paying for everything separately at sea, as there is no competition as there is in land tourist towns and cities. Instead, it is the perfect monopoly.

• Like 3

This is a crude money-grab which is more suited to the bottom of the price-range lines.

Anyway, as a Concierge Class passenger I thought I already had most of these things? So what will happen when  just about everyone has priority tendering?

While they're about it, why not chuck in priority lifeboats?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The problem with selling "prioritisation" long after the cruise has been put on sale is that it arguably diminishes the product for existing bookings - both for those on the supposedly exclusive-benefit top fares (by putting more people with them at the head of the queues) and for those who don't pay the supplement (because they'll be even further back in the queues than they thought they were originally). Not a classy gesture.

• Like 4