LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

20 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

The look on Ziggy’s face when the suitcases are pulled out of storage prior to packing for a cruise….

A17DB457-19E7-481B-B8CA-451549213B56.jpeg

My cat does the exact same thing. I don't know what the attraction is to sleeping in a suitcase but he enjoys it.

• Like 2

So good news-bad news…I vow to take it all in stride. 

Good news is activities are finally starting to load into the app for Ascent. I’m looking for menus any day now. 

Bad news?  Well it seems our S1 sky suite mid-ship deck 10 has been downgraded to an S3 on the magic carpet. Hmm. Not the end of the world. We’ve booked a MC for Alaska. Just wondering why the change?  The app shows the new room but my cruise planner on line shows the original room. Maybe we will win an upgrade bid and in the words of Joey this will become a “moo point”. Just a tiny bit bummed. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So good news-bad news…I vow to take it all in stride. 

Good news is activities are finally starting to load into the app for Ascent. I’m looking for menus any day now. 

Bad news?  Well it seems our S1 sky suite mid-ship deck 10 has been downgraded to an S3 on the magic carpet. Hmm. Not the end of the world. We’ve booked a MC for Alaska. Just wondering why the change?  The app shows the new room but my cruise planner on line shows the original room. Maybe we will win an upgrade bid and in the words of Joey this will become a “moo point”. Just a tiny bit bummed. 

Hi that is a bummer and bizarre - I wonder if this is a glitch? How long has the S1 assignment shown for you?  May want to call the Retreat folks tomorrow or your travel agent to confirm no change.  1-877-RETREAT.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

What a sweet boy!  He knows…

They do, I have 4 dogs and the boys (Bella the oldest is smart she knows I come back but the boys are needy) they get all upset when they see the suitcases and when I put things in it.

• Like 4

We're joining you for the first leg of your Ascent B2B to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary also on November 23 so Happy Thanksgiversary to you!  🎉  🎉  This was an unplanned celebration for our milestone as was our 10th when we participated in a group vow renewal and 75th celebration of the campus chapel of my alma mater (Heinz Chapel for the Pittsburgh folks).  Thank you for documenting this exciting journey of firsts!

• Like 2

Joining in, Thank you for posting a live. We board Ascent on February 11th for 7 days before Beyond for 21!  We have sailed all Edge class ships and love them. I’m one of those crazy people who like the IV. We sailed S1 SS on Edge the first time. Great experience. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CunucuMom said:

We're joining you for the first leg of your Ascent B2B to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary also on November 23 so Happy Thanksgiversary to you!  🎉  🎉  This was an unplanned celebration for our milestone as was our 10th when we participated in a group vow renewal and 75th celebration of the campus chapel of my alma mater (Heinz Chapel for the Pittsburgh folks).  Thank you for documenting this exciting journey of firsts!

Wow!  Joint anniversaries, how awesome!  And I love the vow renewal. We’ve tossed that idea around for our 20th. 

Pittsburgh, eh?  That’s DH’s neck of the woods too!  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, crazyforcruises said:

Hi that is a bummer and bizarre - I wonder if this is a glitch? How long has the S1 assignment shown for you?  May want to call the Retreat folks tomorrow or your travel agent to confirm no change.  1-877-RETREAT.

We were assigned our room immediately after booking back in August. I will ask my TA to check on it today. Could be a glitch. 

Just got off the phone with my TA who has confirmed with Celebrity that our originally assigned stateroom for the second leg, SS1 is in fact, in tact.  There is no accounting for why the app showed a different room assignment but the app is now back to showing our original room as well.  I guess it's just glitchy.

For this cruise we are arriving in FLL on Tuesday for our Wednesday embarkation.  We have booked a room at the Hyatt Centric Las Olas in the downtown sector.  Our room was booked using points from one of Dh's travel cards so it's only costing us a whopping $25 bucks!  We have plans to walk around the city for a bit in search of good sea food, especially oysters.  We welcome suggestions!

And speaking of food...I was able to make a reservation at Eden for our anniversary dinner.  Our reservation is for 7pm.  Also interested in can't miss suggestions for the Eden menu...  The other three nights we will try out the MDRs.  For the second leg, we are dining in Fine Cut steak house on the first night.  I guess we will stick with Luminae for the remaining two nights...unless we get upgraded, at which point we will try as many of the specialties as our stretchy clothes will allow.

Drinks package:  For the first leg we booked with the Classic package but upgraded to Premium when the price dropped in the cruise planner.  Some people got the upgrade for $7 but ours never fell below $13.99...so the little OBC we were gifted from Aurora from the Executive Office covered most of that expense.  One of our favorite things to do is visit every bar on any given ship for a cocktail and to check out the atmosphere.  It seems that E class has a tad more bars than our S class go-to, so we may have our work cut out for us 😎.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I appreciate the brief cameo in your initial thread post, and I am confident that your excited anticipation of the Edge Class ship experience will indeed be fulfilled.

As previous Celebrity cruisers, you are comfortable with what the X product is all about and how it is presented. On Ascent, that same comfortable feeling will still be present, but encased in an entirely different packaging. That’s where the excitement comes in, the opportunity to enjoy unfamiliar familiarity, while at the same time expanding and testing your personal boundaries regarding change and the subsequent degree of satisfaction from those changes.

Celebrity’s Edge Class ships are not for everyone. I am a fan. Given the opportunity, approach Ascent with no pre-conceived notions, no desire to compare the minutest of details. That is the only way to assure she gets a fair shot to impress, and you get an unbiased opportunity to decide for yourself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Georgia_Peaches We look forward to following along on your adventure.  Very interested in how these short duration cruises work out.  We have always been a fan of longer cruises but seems Celebrity is starting to offer more 3 - 4 - 5 day cruises.  

When you do your SS sailing, please tell Briton, Retreat Concierge, that John & Toshiko hope that he is doing well.  He's a great guy has has been our Retreat Concierge on two separate sailings.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

When you do your SS sailing, please tell Briton, Retreat Concierge, that John & Toshiko hope that he is doing well.  He's a great guy has has been our Retreat Concierge on two separate sailings.  

You bet!  I'd be happy to pass along your greeting!  Thanks for following!

• Thanks 1

@Georgia_Peaches so excited to join along with your adventure.   First of all a big Happy Anniversary to you and Mr Georgia Peaches.  

How exciting to string together so many  bucket list and first time experiences.  I was chuckling about the Pre-Pre-Pre Inaugural Cruises ---   Sounds like a born again Virgin.  oops I didn't say that.

We will be leaving on our next adventure on Monday but may hold off beginning my live to give me something to do on my 18 hours flight to Singapore. 

If you can -  book Eden for your Anniversary -   It is absolutely incredible and in my opinion better food than Murano but not as special of an ambiance.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

@Georgia_Peaches so excited to join along with your adventure.   First of all a big Happy Anniversary to you and Mr Georgia Peaches.  

How exciting to string together so many  bucket list and first time experiences.  I was chuckling about the Pre-Pre-Pre Inaugural Cruises ---   Sounds like a born again Virgin.  oops I didn't say that.

We will be leaving on our next adventure on Monday but may hold off beginning my live to give me something to do on my 18 hours flight to Singapore. 

If you can -  book Eden for your Anniversary -   It is absolutely incredible and in my opinion better food than Murano but not as special of an ambiance.

Have to agree with Jim on this. Eden is a special venue. Add another "first" to your resumes. Unlike the original Garden of Eden, you do have to dress for dinner. Fig leaves are not acceptable. Don't even think about it. 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Haha 8

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks, Jim.  So glad to have you along.  We have, indeed booked Eden for our anniversary dinner!  I am really excited as I've read nothing but great reviews.  I just hope they don't change the menu to reflect Thanksgiving...I'm thinking that's more of an MDR thing to do...but on these pre-pre (Virgin ☺️) cruises, one never knows!

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just got off the phone with my TA who has confirmed with Celebrity that our originally assigned stateroom for the second leg, SS1 is in fact, in tact.  There is no accounting for why the app showed a different room assignment but the app is now back to showing our original room as well.  I guess it's just glitchy.

For this cruise we are arriving in FLL on Tuesday for our Wednesday embarkation.  We have booked a room at the Hyatt Centric Las Olas in the downtown sector.  Our room was booked using points from one of Dh's travel cards so it's only costing us a whopping $25 bucks!  We have plans to walk around the city for a bit in search of good sea food, especially oysters.  We welcome suggestions!

And speaking of food...I was able to make a reservation at Eden for our anniversary dinner.  Our reservation is for 7pm.  Also interested in can't miss suggestions for the Eden menu...  The other three nights we will try out the MDRs.  For the second leg, we are dining in Fine Cut steak house on the first night.  I guess we will stick with Luminae for the remaining two nights...unless we get upgraded, at which point we will try as many of the specialties as our stretchy clothes will allow.

Drinks package:  For the first leg we booked with the Classic package but upgraded to Premium when the price dropped in the cruise planner.  Some people got the upgrade for $7 but ours never fell below $13.99...so the little OBC we were gifted from Aurora from the Executive Office covered most of that expense.  One of our favorite things to do is visit every bar on any given ship for a cocktail and to check out the atmosphere.  It seems that E class has a tad more bars than our S class go-to, so we may have our work cut out for us 😎.

We are currently on the Apex TA and have eaten at Eden twice. I thought the Risotto starter was very good and hubby liked the Mulligatawny Soup.  I had the lobster casserole both nights - delicious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Regarding FLL, there's a restaurant on Las Olas called YOLO, excellent food, and make sure you order the "flaming" dessert. A very fun restaurant, we're going on Saturday night before our cruise.

For Eden, they serve the best crab cake ever, make sure you order at least one. The tasting menu is A LOT of food, so beware. It's a terrific experience, food and ambiance.   Happy Anniversary in advance! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are doing something similar.  Sky Suite in Jan 2024; a family cruise (3 cabins) in Jan 2025, with a Sunset Veranda for us, Concierge cabins for the rest of the family.  

I am curious about the Deck 5 passage between the elevator lobby and Blu/Eden.  Will it be like the Edge's "mystery forest"?  Would love it if you could post pictures ?

• Like 1