LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Not at all a silly reason. Content = profits for him, especially when it's unique. He's never sailed VV so he needs VV content. Also, re: his switch from the Dec 3 to Nov 22 sailing of Ascent, he even admits, "I'm going to be one of the first people to have content from on board Celebrity Ascent." That's it in a nutshell. For him, providing Ascent content on 11/22 is more valuable than providing it on 12/3 as other vloggers will have covered it already.

live and learn

I  was  unaware of this "profit motive" by U tubers. Do they actually get paid? ( I mostly use U tube for music and kiddie stuff for my grands!)

I  generally do.not watch these videos . The few I have seen are poorly done, way too long and often boring.  Just the  viewpoint of someone I do.not know.

.We only watch informational posts by the cruise line and  real guests on U tube.  Cruise critic has many experienced cruises whose reviews we trust because we actually know them or have followed them for a long time..like Georgia!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hcat said:

live and learn

I  was  unaware of this "profit motive" by U tubers. Do they actually get paid? ( I mostly use U tube for music and kiddie stuff for my grands!)

I  generally do.not watch these videos . The few I have seen are poorly done, way too long and often boring.  Just the  viewpoint of someone I do.not know.

.We only watch informational posts by the cruise line and  real guests on U tube.  Cruise critic has many experienced cruises whose reviews we trust because we actually know them or have followed them for a long time..like Georgia!

Videos on YouTube earn money by having subscribers and video views (you need to hit a certain amount before you get paid by Google).

I like watching the videos for stress relief but also for different point of view. I've been avoiding certain platforms for opinions (shall we say a certain social media site) because people can be rude if you don't agree with them on something.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Did you really think they did it for fun?

sorry, I am from a much diff generation &  was sad when I had to give up the flip phone!   but I  learn alot just by reading cruise critic..

I know my friend' s  grandson was into watching a young boy on u tube who became a big star.....ho hum!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

sorry, I am from a much diff generation &  was sad when I had to give up the flip phone!   but I  learn alot just by reading cruise critic..

I know my friend' s  grandson was into watching a young boy on u tube who became a big star.....ho hum!

another thought... so when multiple people on CC  mention  or link to a u tube video , as sometimes happens, they are enhancing that person's potential profits if people link to it? 

For awhile there was the same one over and over...hmmm!?

15 minutes ago, hcat said:

another thought... so when multiple people on CC  mention  or link to a u tube video , as sometimes happens, they are enhancing that person's potential profits if people link to it? 

For awhile there was the same one over and over...hmmm!?

They have to watch the video - but yes it would count.

I'm going to presume YT is the same as my work measurements for ads as both owned by Google but there is a minimum amount of time required for it to 'count'

43 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

They have to watch the video - but yes it would count.

I'm going to presume YT is the same as my work measurements for ads as both owned by Google but there is a minimum amount of time required for it to 'count'

interesting..I have to watch videos for my prof license and write down codes.. then one gets the credits.

off topic I know but Soon the live from will begjn!

1 hour ago, ChiosFan said:

Great to have a live!   I will board on the 10th and can’t wait to see the new ship.   Another Georgia girl, here worried about the ATL traffic.  

Happy anniversary and safe travels.   

Hi,are on the 10th sailing as well! Getting excited 

Mike and Val

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, my understanding is that she is moving to pier 25 in the wee hours of 11/21.  

Okay, thanks...I know she is also cruising on 12/1, so wondering if she will bump Beyond.  I haven’t been notified, but just wanted to be sure.

Many YouTubers can make over $1M. When they have a provocative title, it’s called click bate to get you to check out their videos. I do subscribe to several  travel& cruise channels, but have unsubscribed on occasion when they go in a direction I don’t support. I watch  to visualize the ships, locations, hotels, cabins, etc.

i am looking forward to getting on Ascent this coming Sunday, and need some more training to be able to post any photos, but others in this cruise have that covered.

18 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

Many YouTubers can make over $1M. When they have a provocative title, it’s called click bate to get you to check out their videos. I do subscribe to several  travel& cruise channels, but have unsubscribed on occasion when they go in a direction I don’t support. I watch  to visualize the ships, locations, hotels, cabins, etc.

i am looking forward to getting on Ascent this coming Sunday, and need some more training to be able to post any photos, but others in this cruise have that covered.

I find a few are very annoying and waste my time.

21 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

others on the thread an help u post pics..but much depends on the type of wifi plan you have.

If I learned how.. just about anyone can!   

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Which berth is Ascent cruising from on December 1st?  I am on Beyond, so curious...thanks!

According to this, the Beyond will be at Terminal 18 and Ascent at Terminal 25.

IMG_4686.png

• Thanks 2

It's a dreary day in the ATL but vacation has officially begun.  We are off the the airport and once we get over the traffic hump it will hopefully be smooth sailing.  I've scouted several MARTA stations along the I85 corridor in case we need to make a quick exit and take the train into the airport instead.  Combine holiday travel and light rain and it makes for a perfect storm on the Atlanta highways and byways.  One advantage we have going for us is that most metro area schools are off this week so this should significantly reduce the traffic on the roads.  A 60 mile trek to the airport could easily take two hours on a good day!  Wish us luck!  

• Like 12

On 11/17/2023 at 8:43 AM, countess5 said:

Would like to hear your thoughts on the Hyatt Centric, we booked it for the night before we board Ascent and then the night between Ascent and Beyond. New to us but wanted to be more downtown. 

Shout out to @Spif Barwunkel! Any recommendations from @Spif Barwunkel are golden. 🍸🏆

Cheers! 

We typically stay at the Riverside on Los Olas before our ft. Lauderdale cruises- How was the Hyatt Centric?  Good location?

• Like 1