LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Can we talk about the app?

It's been discussed here many times but I just want to add my 2 cents for a moment.  For the most part, I have been fond of the app.  It generally has the info I need, it's easily navigated/user friendly...my litmus test for any program is whether or not DH can use it...and even he can use the app with ease.

SO...the other day I mentioned that the app was showing Sky Suite 9204.  This was different from our original room assignment.  To recap, I called my TA who confirmed the app was wrong.  Today I opened the app and the room number has changed again!  This time it shows room 12101.  Huh, I think to myself...I wonder if I got an upgrade?  So I opened my e-mail to check...no upgrade notification.  Next,  I went to the deck plans to see what category of room is now showing...keep in mind I bid on a RS and Edge Villa.  Consider me gobsmacked when I saw that 12101 is none other than the ICONIC SUITE!  Reminding myself, the app is glitchy, the app is glitchy, the app is glitchy...I take this new information to DH.  In his infinite wisdom of all things electronic he says, "why don't you just log out of the app and then log back in?"  Since when did he get so tech logical?  Taking his advice, I did just that.   Alas, the app has once again corrected itself and all of our original rooms are back in tact...🙃

If I was playing a game of ship-opoly and landed on the Community Chest, the card would have read, Ship error in your favor.  🤣  Now that's an error I could have lived with!

He certainly is a dream killer 😂😂.  Have a great time onboard——- whichever cabin you end up with !

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

lol I mean who wouldn't want that upgrade?

I know the app has issues but I've used MSC and that one was pretty useless. In fact couldn't even use it until on ship wifi.

I feel like rule of thumb to stick with is the app is a good guideline, but wouldn't trust a lot of things until a few days before (or even on the ship).

• Like 1

Would like to hear your thoughts on the Hyatt Centric, we booked it for the night before we board Ascent and then the night between Ascent and Beyond. New to us but wanted to be more downtown. 

Shout out to @Spif Barwunkel! Any recommendations from @Spif Barwunkel are golden. 🍸🏆

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary! What a nice celebration that will be on the cruise!

I will be following your Live post especially since we will be on the December 3rd "Maiden Voyage" cruise. We have been on the Apex (2 cruises) and Beyond (2 cruises), so we are familiar with Edge-class ships. You will really enjoy this class. 

Anything you can say about Retreat Lounge will be appreciated as this will be our first-time using Retreat on Edge-class ships. I am curious as to what the outside area is that shows tables and chairs on deck plans just outside of the Retreat Lounge.

We are also still waiting to hear about our pending Move Up.

Edited by TourDeCruise
  • Like 2

All this move up talk reminds me of the prior days of Royal C.. On our last cruise with that line,  our entire roll call was consuned with talk  by D+ cruisers about the  "upgrade fairy".   At our  pre cruise dinner..one if them got the last minute upgrade  call  and  went nutso!. Woo hoo!

We were happy Celebrity did not

focus on Upgrade Fairies...but now with focus on move up bids  X has followed suit  except now they make you pay.!

We book the cabin we like and are happy to stick with it,  but wish everyone good luck.

Georgia..let us know if yours comes through!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Say what??  You actually put the suitcases away??  😂🤣

Of course - One has to clean the house before the housekeeper arrives.   Forgot to say, we always bring our Butler home with us.  😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, countess5 said:

Would like to hear your thoughts on the Hyatt Centric, we booked it for the night before we board Ascent and then the night between Ascent and Beyond. New to us but wanted to be more downtown. 

Shout out to @Spif Barwunkel! Any recommendations from @Spif Barwunkel are golden. 🍸🏆

Cheers! 

Hello Kevin - I assume all is well with you and the lovely Ms. Barbie as you both are about to begin your winter cruising sojourns from South Florida. 

Living in such close proximity to Port Canaveral, we seldom go south to FLL to cruise to the Caribbean. We are fortunate to have many choices and will add more in 2024/25 when Celebrity and Princess take up residence. We have already booked Equinox for January 2025, just because. When we have traveled south to cruise from Port Everglades, we have left the day before and mostly stayed overnight in a Courtyard, Residence Inn or something similar, located west of I-95 around Tamarac. Not fancy but adequate and cheaper than getting closer to the city and the port. 

This time, however, the maiden voyage on Ascent requires we get a bit fancier. We are staying the night of 12/2 at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas BL. The Hyatt Centric is located on Las Olas west of the Riverside. The area is very nice and a stroll along the riverwalk, before or after dinner, adds to the ambience necessary to support pre-cruise anticipation. You are in a good spot and if you can ignore the crowds that South Florida is known for, it will serve your purpose quite well.   

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Hello Kevin - I assume all is well with you and the lovely Ms. Barbie as you both are about to begin your winter cruising sojourns from South Florida. 

Living in such close proximity to Port Canaveral, we seldom go south to FLL to cruise to the Caribbean. We are fortunate to have many choices and will add more in 2024/25 when Celebrity and Princess take up residence. We have already booked Equinox for January 2025, just because. When we have traveled south to cruise from Port Everglades, we have left the day before and mostly stayed overnight in a Courtyard, Residence Inn or something similar, located west of I-95 around Tamarac. Not fancy but adequate and cheaper than getting closer to the city and the port. 

This time, however, the maiden voyage on Ascent requires we get a bit fancier. We are staying the night of 12/2 at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas BL. The Hyatt Centric is located on Las Olas west of the Riverside. The area is very nice and a stroll along the riverwalk, before or after dinner, adds to the ambience necessary to support pre-cruise anticipation. You are in a good spot and if you can ignore the crowds that South Florida is known for, it will serve your purpose quite well.   

Also staying at the Riverside Hotel pre-cruise! And the restaurant I recommended YOLO is, I believe, right across Las Olas from that hotel. Enjoy the Maiden Voyage!

30 minutes ago, JackE said:

Also staying at the Riverside Hotel pre-cruise! And the restaurant I recommended YOLO is, I believe, right across Las Olas from that hotel. Enjoy the Maiden Voyage!

Thank you, JackE. Might have to give YOLO a try. Enjoy your cruise as well. Same time, same place, or are you cruising another time?

55 minutes ago, JackE said:

Riverside is a classic..great choice. Las Olas Blvd..very nice!

We usually stay along 17th St..but have also  been on the beach, and at a Hampton a few miles away. Last time we found the Embassy Suite to be dated and dusty...they said.was going to be renovated...sorely needed

For Ascent we are trying a Wyndham in Dania Beach..something new! Just for overnight, driving to the port .

Excited to hear about the maiden voyage 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Thank you, JackE. Might have to give YOLO a try. Enjoy your cruise as well. Same time, same place, or are you cruising another time?

We are on the second cruise that’s not official 😝 the Ascent three night Bahamas getaway November 26-29. 

As I told @Georgia_Peaches order the special flaming dessert, so fun! 

@Georgia_Peaches First: Happy Anniversary and Bravo for 19 years of marital life to you and your husband!!! Definitely an impressive milestone nowadays!

Second, thank-you in advance for sharing your adventure on Ascent! I really look forward to read it, and eventually to compare to our own trip on Edge in February!

2 hours ago, JackE said:

We are on the second cruise that’s not official 😝 the Ascent three night Bahamas getaway November 26-29. 

As I told @Georgia_Peaches order the special flaming dessert, so fun! 

You know JackE, I did read that, and plumb forgot. Dumb on me. I can't figure the "official" maiden thing either. We are actually the third cruise, not counting the TA from Europe. Go figure. I'm thinking, the three-and-four-day cruises will officially remain in Port Everglades, thus the "not official" cruises. They will not go anywhere. Hence, a maiden voyage on a second sailing. I'm getting a headache. Everyone have a good time, no matter what.  

Mr. & Mrs. Peaches, Happy Anniversary. 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

@Georgia_Peaches First: Happy Anniversary and Bravo for 19 years of marital life to you and your husband!!! Definitely an impressive milestone nowadays!

Second, thank-you in advance for sharing your adventure on Ascent! I really look forward to read it, and eventually to compare to our own trip on Edge in February!

Thank you very much!  I'm bless to have a DH who loves cruising as much as me...and who tolerates my blogging about it as well!  We are also on Edge next year so this should be a nice little preview...even though my understanding is that Ascent will have some differences from the other E class ships.  Don't worry, I will take lots of pics!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

We are also staying at the Riverside in Las Olas pre-Maiden cruise 12/2. 

21 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Sorry Op….Have to say hi to a good friend

Hi Wally! 

Ms. Barbies is doing great, we continue with retirement life!

Happy to see you are trying Ascent, another great E class ship.

We are looking forward to staying at the Centric, more activities around.

Only sailing for a Month this winter, heading to Japan on the Millennium with Walt and Bev and 6 others. Not sure if I’ll do a live, two friends from England joining us for 3 weeks. 

Would like to hear your thoughts on Ascent when you return. 

I hear you on leaving out of Port Canaveral. We will have to sail out of there in the future. Good ships coming to that Port. 

Our best to Nancy! 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Celebrity Ascent has arrived in Freeport!  Finally....my time zone matches ship time!  I'm posting the entertainment line up that has begun to load into the app.  Really looking forward to some new entertainment!  It looks like live music will be available in several different venues throughout the day.  We struggled a bit on our last cruise (Equinox) to find live music at times that worked with our schedule each day.  We don't have much of a schedule for this cruise as the ship is our destination so, in groupie-like fashion, we'll follow the music! 

image.png.df0d823e090d7a17d6ef4cc489df1a01.png 

image.png.d019a1c3da524cf0a0cb6e3a4176902a.png

image.thumb.png.fb24142480694e91fcb2201e90e05fc9.png

• Like 7