LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

GP...Well, with all this excitement brewing, have a wonderful anniversary and enjoy every minute of the new ship experience and ambiance.  Also, thank you so very much for documenting this for all of us to read, along with visuals.  Here’s hoping you receive that MoveUp bid and the added excitement that goes with it!  Life is short so seize the day!🥰

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

GP...Well, with all this excitement brewing, have a wonderful anniversary and enjoy every minute of the new ship experience and ambiance.  Also, thank you so very much for documenting this for all of us to read, along with visuals.  Here’s hoping you receive that MoveUp bid and the added excitement that goes with it!  Life is short so seize the day!🥰

Well said, LD! Thank you for the kind words. Happy to have you along! 

• Like 1

Just two more sleeps before we head to the airport. As luck would have it, Tuesday promises 90% rain throughout most of the day. I’m guessing this is in part due to the weather system that brought flooding rain in some areas of central and south Florida over the last few days. In contrast, we’ve had beautiful weather and warm-ish temps throughout most of October and November. Perhaps it’s Murphy’s law or just plain luck of the draw… either way, we’ve changed our transport time to Hartsfield-Jackson from 9:30 to 9:00 am leaving nothing to chance when it comes to traffic in Atlanta.  Already, news reports are calling for record travel through the airport in the coming days. Where on Earth are all these people going?!  Anyway, we will be right there among the hustle and bustle. Can’t wait. 

On another note, I’ve been anxiously awaiting the dinner menus to load into the app. So far there’s nary  a word regarding what’s on offer at any dining venue on this ship. What I did read however, is that there is a $20 fee for an additional entree at Butchers Cut. Is this standard?  I ask because I don’t see this for Eden. Though we don’t make a habit of ordering multiple entrees, we did combine surf and turf at Murano and ordered half portions of  various dishes at Tuscan Grille. In fact, our server encouraged it!  And there was no up charge for doing so. Just wondering what others have experienced. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 3

Still no menus in the app but the daily planner is fully loaded along with events at the spa.  Fitness classes (not that I'll be enrolling in those) are still pending.  

A youtube video popped up in my feed from a guy named Zach who indicated that he was booked on the maiden voyage for Ascent on Dec. 3rd but has cancelled due to the two preview cruises (this one) and the fact that he will not be among the first to sail.  A shame, but I guess I understand...

Anyway, there's a laundry list of things to do today...just one more sleep 'till lift off! 😎  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Still no menus in the app but the daily planner is fully loaded along with events at the spa.  Fitness classes (not that I'll be enrolling in those) are still pending.  

A youtube video popped up in my feed from a guy named Zach who indicated that he was booked on the maiden voyage for Ascent on Dec. 3rd but has cancelled due to the two preview cruises (this one) and the fact that he will not be among the first to sail.  A shame, but I guess I understand...

Anyway, there's a laundry list of things to do today...just one more sleep 'till lift off! 😎  

we are doing our 1st cruise together since about 9ish years. We live in St Catharines, Ontario Canada , bought a condo in Vero Beach FL in 09. So we are snowbirds, we didn’t cruise, other than a few short Disney ones, because our cockapoo had separation anxiety and we took him everywhere we went, he was our boy. He passed in Aug. we have booked the Ascent for Dec 10, so can’t wait to hear all about your cruise. I’m sure that there will be lots of utubes filming. I put a move up bid in, lowest price for a veranda, it still shows as pending. Anyone else on Dec 10 sailing? We are looking forward to just driving up in the am. 

On 11/17/2023 at 5:24 PM, JackE said:

On 11/17/2023 at 5:49 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you very much!  I'm bless to have a DH who loves cruising as much as me...and who tolerates my blogging about it as well!  We are also on Edge next year so this should be a nice little preview...even though my understanding is that Ascent will have some differences from the other E class ships.  Don't worry, I will take lots of pics!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I guess I just do not understand the logic behind this.  It is officially the maiden voyage but not the first voyage  -  so what?  The only way he could have been among the first to sail would have been if he had been onboard when she launched and did sea trials.  I mean seriously, it just seems a petty thing to me.  Then again, I am the just one of original old curmudgeons. 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I guess I just do not understand the logic behind this.  It is officially the maiden voyage but not the first voyage  -  so what?  The only way he could have been among the first to sail would have been if he had been onboard when she launched and did sea trials.  I mean seriously, it just seems a petty thing to me.  Then again, I am the just one of original old curmudgeons. 

I watched his video through the end, and while he cancelled his booking on the maiden voyage, he booked himself to be on the very first cruise November 22 (and he booked his first Virgin Voyage cruise to follow the Ascent cruise). So he will be on the Ascent as a first cruiser. There wasn't a lot of "shade" and he seems genuinely excited about experiencing the new Celebrity ship. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JackE said:

I watched his video through the end, and while he cancelled his booking on the maiden voyage, he booked himself to be on the very first cruise November 22 (and he booked his first Virgin Voyage cruise to follow the Ascent cruise). So he will be on the Ascent as a first cruiser. There wasn't a lot of "shade" and he seems genuinely excited about experiencing the new Celebrity ship. 

is Zach a "prof"  U tuber?

name sounds familiar

silly reason to cancel butbthat's his choice...we have no interest in VV..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JackE said:

he booked himself to be on the very first cruise November 22 (and he booked his first Virgin Voyage cruise to follow the Ascent cruise). So he will be on the Ascent as a first cruiser.

So glad you posted this!  I didn't get that far in to his video.  I agree, he does seem like a genuine cruising enthusiast!

• Like 1

We're on the Christmas cruise so I'll be following along! This will be our first cruise on an E-class ship and we're in AQ. While I would love to upgrade for Christmas and our anniversary, the prices are crazy so we'll save that money for our next cruise. We're excited to be on a new class of ship (and an almost new ship) and experience something different.

Bon Voyage!

(And another black cat family here ... he's actually an Atlantan still trying to understand why we brought him to Canadian winters!)

IMG_0159.jpeg

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, JackE said:

I think a lot of people didn't watch it to the end because they are up in arms over him cancelling but he rebooked for the first passenger sailing so really more of a switch

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hcat said:

is Zach a "prof"  U tuber?

name sounds familiar

silly reason to cancel butbthat's his choice...we have no interest in VV..

Not at all a silly reason. Content = profits for him, especially when it's unique. He's never sailed VV so he needs VV content. Also, re: his switch from the Dec 3 to Nov 22 sailing of Ascent, he even admits, "I'm going to be one of the first people to have content from on board Celebrity Ascent." That's it in a nutshell. For him, providing Ascent content on 11/22 is more valuable than providing it on 12/3 as other vloggers will have covered it already.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Not at all a silly reason. Content = profits for him, especially when it's unique. He's never sailed VV so he needs VV content. Also, re: his switch from the Dec 3 to Nov 22 sailing of Ascent, he even admits, "I'm going to be one of the first people to have content from on board Celebrity Ascent." That's it in a nutshell. For him, providing Ascent content on 11/22 is more valuable than providing it on 12/3 as other vloggers will have covered it already.

Also that cruise is mostly for TA and you tubers. I have followed a utuber from Canada and he will be on the 3 day or 4 day. I can’t remember which. He is travel by Don or something like that.

11 minutes ago, rowval said:

Also that cruise is mostly for TA and you tubers. I have followed a utuber from Canada and he will be on the 3 day or 4 day. I can’t remember which. He is travel by Don or something like that.

Yes and no. There will be Youtubers because of the value in being first to report.  The big TAs will be on the 12/1 non-revenue cruise. There may also be some bloggers and youtubers on the 12/1 but they would need to be invited and will sail for free. It’s probably a good way to find out who the Celebrity shills are. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

Yes and no. There will be Youtubers because of the value in being first to report.  The big TAs will be on the 12/1 non-revenue cruise. There may also be some bloggers and youtubers on the 12/1 but they would need to be invited and will sail for free. It’s probably a good way to find out who the Celebrity shills are. 

Good to know RY!  I’m in the more the merrier camp but I can see how the 12/1 event would be more appealing for all involved. I don’t think it would be fair to the paying passengers only because my assumption is that there would be exclusive/private events specifically for TAs and bloggers/vloggers that would maybe necessitate closing certain venues. It’s a complete guess on my part. Looking forward to finding out. 

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Good to know RY!  I’m in the more the merrier camp but I can see how the 12/1 event would be more appealing for all involved. I don’t think it would be fair to the paying passengers only because my assumption is that there would be exclusive/private events specifically for TAs and bloggers/vloggers that would maybe necessitate closing certain venues. It’s a complete guess on my part. Looking forward to finding out. 

AFAIK, there are no paying passengers on the 12/1. That will be the sailing with events tailored to those that sell the product. However, I suspect there will be plenty of youtubers on the 11/22. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Which berth is Ascent cruising from on December 1st?  I am on Beyond, so curious...thanks!

Edited by Lastdance