Retreat guests - name one non-Luminae restaurant you would visit during your voyage

richczarnecki

After a few nights in Luminae on BEYOND...we happily escaped to BLU...much nicer menu, fresher food including a bread  basket,  and 4 star service!  No upcharge.

We also really enjoyed Raw on 5....go early with res.  Much more than sushi! Upcharge.

• Like 3

Well definately not Murano...... Too much flare and the food while good is only good for once per cruise as the menu is so fixed,

We usually enyoy Sushi or the Porch for a lunch and Tuscan or Lawn club for one or two evenings but with Luminae the menu changes daily.

Yet to  try Eden and looking forward to it but having cruised in RS and above with unlimited speciality dinning it is nice to go back to Luminae where the menu at least changes every day...

I await the flames 

52 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

On a recent 12-night sailing, this was our breakdown:

2 dinners at Luminae 

3 dinners at Murano

3 dinners at Tuscan

1 dinner at Le Petit Chef

2 dinners at Sushi on Five

1 evening at the buffet...LOL.  So yeah Luminae not the slam dunk it used to be.

very nice selections!

7 hours ago, islabahia said:

Murano & Sushi on 5  are favorites of mine and DH.  We have avoided Tuscan Grill for the past 2 cruises because we have been less than impressed with the meals we ordered (couple of small pieces of lobster in the lobster rigatoni; meatball appetizers were tasteless;  quality and cooking of steak unacceptable) but others have had a great dining experience there.  We often find meals in Luminae not to our taste but we like the ambience, so we order from other menus to be served in Luminae.  And on occasion, we truly enjoy what OV has to offer for dinner.

7 hours ago, islabahia said:

Murano

Mu

Sushi on 5.

Our 10 day cruise was the first time we've not eaten pretty much every dinner in Luminae (other than San Juan with the crazy late arrival time). But we really enjoyed Sushi on 5. Tuscan was fine, but the servings were just too big. Next ship doesn't have Murano.

Fine Cut Steakhouse or anywhere I can get a decent steak. The ones in Luminae aren't up to par in my opinion. I don't eat seafood and I'm far from an adventurous eater, so Luminae's menu isn't always my jam. 

Edited by keysey222
  • Like 1