Semi-live... maybe fully live from Harmony... A tale of two cruises.

Tree_skier

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

These passport stories scare me! I need to take a picture of our birth certificates.  

I have a scan (in Notes app) of passport, birth certificate, driver's license, global entry card, medical insurance card, GeoBlue insurance card, prescription insurance card, dental insurance card, eye glass prescription, COVID vaccine card.  🙂

• Like 3

21 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

we saw that spinny guy twice. That was twice too often. I just don't get it. I also agree about all the stomping. I did like the slack line guys, their balance is amazing

Lol, I have seen spinning guy a couple of times.  I found him weirdly entertaining and mesmerizing.  It was relaxing for me.  Almost hypnotic.  I know I am in the minority, but I liked spinning guy.  I think his purpose is to entertain while everyone files in to get seated before the show.    

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

can you verify for me who the captain was/is? Is it Capt James McDonald?

Captain james just came aboard last week. Had a canadian captain  before last week. I feel sure he didnt get off and is still there.

Though the front desk and crew seems u aware he is aboard. As I posted in my thread about no more separate invites on harmony. The sheet you can get at guest services says our captain is canadian and a NJ guy at my table says obviously that's a fake accept. I asked why and he said he asked a crew member who said our captain is from canada. 

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

You can never have too much Italian 😂

Only time I had too much Italian was a 14 day Costa cruise they offered an Italian course for every dinner that was besides the normal 3 courses . I really liked Jamie’s but prefer Giovanni’s.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Captain james just came aboard last week. Had a canadian captain  before last week. I feel sure he didnt get off and is still there.

Though the front desk and crew seems u aware he is aboard. As I posted in my thread about no more separate invites on harmony. The sheet you can get at guest services says our captain is canadian and a NJ guy at my table says obviously that's a fake accept. I asked why and he said he asked a crew member who said our captain is from canada. 

Thanks, I knew I had the answer but couldn't remember from whom! Yes, the other captain is Canadian, Marshall Bartlett. When I was on Freedom last week I asked the Suite Lounge concierge who the master was and he had to look it up.

@Tree_skier Dave, I am so glad that you are on Harmony for a 2nd week because you and Sharron sure needed it after the stressful week that you had. Looks like you can finally relax and enjoy your cruise now. It is good that your DD will be taken care of now that she’s home and her medical issues will be resolved.  

What a pleasure it was to meet your family. Everyone was so nice and friendly. I only wish we had more time to spend with you all. I’m glad we saw them outside the terminal as they were waiting for their ride after debarkation. We got to say our goodbyes. I just love them. You are truly blessed, Dave and Sharron.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Of course I stupidly booked our lunch at Jamie’s when it’s Italian night in the MDR. Nobody has ever accused me of being smart or organized. 

You were just trying to stay with the Italian theme of the day!  😀

I’m glad that you and your DW are able to relax and enjoy this leg of your cruise, especially since you’ll be in wedding planning mode once you get home, and maybe assisting DD in her recovery from surgery as well. I hope that her surgery and recovery go well and that she will be able to enjoy the wedding. 

7 hours ago, George C said:

Only time I had too much Italian was a 14 day Costa cruise they offered an Italian course for every dinner that was besides the normal 3 courses . I really liked Jamie’s but prefer Giovanni’s.

I prefer Giovanni's too but our most recent cruises have all had Jamies. We usually do lunch on embarkation day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@Tree_skier Dave, I am so glad that you are on Harmony for a 2nd week because you and Sharron sure needed it after the stressful week that you had. Looks like you can finally relax and enjoy your cruise now. It is good that your DD will be taken care of now that she’s home and her medical issues will be resolved.  

What a pleasure it was to meet your family. Everyone was so nice and friendly. I only wish we had more time to spend with you all. I’m glad we saw them outside the terminal as they were waiting for their ride after debarkation. We got to say our goodbyes. I just love them. You are truly blessed, Dave and Sharron.

Thanks Helen, 

you folks are treasures

• Like 5

Good Morning from Roatan,

Today we are enjoying a day on a mostly empty ship.  Not a lot to update and I apologize for that I'm just. Last week the group split into four.  DW stayed not ship with DD.  SIL and GD#3 went horseback riding and beach break, GD#1 and GS did an ATV and beach break and I went to Maya Key.

Maya Key is a great, great beach day.  It is very uncrowded, offers a nice lunch and drinks are reasonably priced.

IMG_1512.thumb.jpeg.142e304391959fa438d9ed72eaa20808.jpeg

IMG_1513.thumb.jpeg.7a2c8a2aafcdfd844409c3019dc41f58.jpeg

IMG_1516.thumb.jpeg.549441b78b04154fa114b14a6d9d8b8e.jpeg

• Like 13

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Can't remember his name and yes he's Canadian from the Quebec area.  My cruise on December 3rd was his last on Harmony and going on his break.  His wife was a former RCL employee.  Overall. has good verbal skills a good sense of humor.

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Today we are enjoying a day on a mostly empty ship.  Not a lot to update and I apologize for that I'm just. Last week the group split into four.  DW stayed not ship with DD.  SIL and GD#3 went horseback riding and beach break, GD#1 and GS did an ATV and beach break and I went to Maya Key.

Maya Key is a great, great beach day.  It is very uncrowded, offers a nice lunch and drinks are reasonably priced.

IMG_1512.thumb.jpeg.142e304391959fa438d9ed72eaa20808.jpeg

IMG_1513.thumb.jpeg.7a2c8a2aafcdfd844409c3019dc41f58.jpeg

IMG_1516.thumb.jpeg.549441b78b04154fa114b14a6d9d8b8e.jpeg

I love Maya Key.  When we went I had a wonderful conversation about our refuge and their refuge with one of the guides.  The weather was not conducive to snorkeling but we still had a great time.

• Like 3

On 12/19/2023 at 6:49 PM, RoperDK said:

Lol, I have seen spinning guy a couple of times.  I found him weirdly entertaining and mesmerizing.  It was relaxing for me.  Almost hypnotic.  I know I am in the minority, but I liked spinning guy.  I think his purpose is to entertain while everyone files in to get seated before the show.    

What show is this guy on?

15 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Is Maya key only accessible by ferry?

When we went it was only available as a ship excursion via a boat ride.  (island). Our excursion was the first to arrive with a Carnival ship excursion arriving later in the day.  You could get a ride back to the pier at a regular basis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

What show is this guy on?

He is on Harmony and part of the Aqua Show.  He is at the beginning and the only one on stage.  He spins for like 10 minutes straight!  He changes his poses and arm placement and also twirls the skirt up over his head, but he stays perfectly in place while he spins.  After that he just stops with no swaying.  As someone who took dance classes growing up, it really is quite a feat.   

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2023 at 12:10 PM, Tree_skier said:

We have Maya Key booked for our Wonder cruise in September. Thanks for all the photos and input from everyone. It looks like a place that we will enjoy. 

@CruiseSlacker, your photos downloaded fine for me. Thank you. 

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

Greetings all, sorry for the radio silence we were a little wrapped with some stuff back home. But all is well now. 

Costa Maya was a ship day for us and we followed it up with a dinner at 150. 

Absilutely excellent meal and service.  The headliner this week was a guy from “The Letteremans”. Not my genre but he was quite entertaining and I appreciate good showmanship regardless of the genre. 

Today in Cozumel we rented an old Jalopy and drone down Punta Sur. I didn’t know it be an old Jalopy but I should have assumed so since it was so cheap when I booked.

That being said it got us here and was an experience we’ll long remember. 

We found a great little beach club that had everything we wanted and was free if you ordered $50 in food and drink. 

We are still enjoying ourselves there now.  

There are little raccoons all over. They are harmless, one jumped up on my beach bed while I was napping and scared the fire out of me. 

IMG_1583.thumb.jpeg.7a6a915166c7df4b6a6d99fa0fb8925d.jpeg

IMG_1584.thumb.jpeg.e1096624dae9dbdffe6ba86bb987518c.jpeg

IMG_1591.thumb.jpeg.67660ce962f2d31cc014ac0adcffa9ae.jpeg

IMG_1592.thumb.jpeg.1f08dbc1a94542579916cbe5c52299dd.jpeg

IMG_1593.thumb.jpeg.893e31a6a35183791dfabb10180faa16.jpeg

IMG_1605.thumb.jpeg.3492e59a87ffb23480a1d4b19041503f.jpeg

IMG_1600.thumb.jpeg.80be72dcc69d6168160d6224952456b0.jpeg

IMG_1595.thumb.jpeg.71bee3cefad68a6d05fe8f3d98d1aee1.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 14

I went to the theater and saw that guy from the Letterman's. I liked his singing but thought a 7:30 time slot in the theater wasnt the right time for sexual jokes. I was talking to a young teen who said he made her squirm. He wouldnt stop with the put your arm around the person next to you. She was with her grandma. 

Find some clean jokes or perform later. He played some tapes too of singing long ago rather than actual singing. He did still have a good voice. At the end he adjourned to the store selling booze to sell his album in what he said said was a more appropriate venue. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Greetings all, sorry for the radio silence we were a little wrapped with some stuff back home. But all is well now. 

Costa Maya was a ship day for us and we followed it up with a dinner at 150. 

Absilutely excellent meal and service.  The headliner this week was a guy from “The Letteremans”. Not my genre but he was quite entertaining and I appreciate good showmanship regardless of the genre. 

Today in Cozumel we rented an old Jalopy and drone down Punta Sur. I didn’t know it be an old Jalopy but I should have assumed so since it was so cheap when I booked.

That being said it got us here and was an experience we’ll long remember. 

We found a great little beach club that had everything we wanted and was free if you ordered $50 in food and drink. 

We are still enjoying ourselves there now.  

There are little raccoons all over. They are harmless, one jumped up on my beach bed while I was napping and scared the fire out of me. 

IMG_1583.thumb.jpeg.7a6a915166c7df4b6a6d99fa0fb8925d.jpeg

IMG_1584.thumb.jpeg.e1096624dae9dbdffe6ba86bb987518c.jpeg

IMG_1591.thumb.jpeg.67660ce962f2d31cc014ac0adcffa9ae.jpeg

IMG_1592.thumb.jpeg.1f08dbc1a94542579916cbe5c52299dd.jpeg

IMG_1593.thumb.jpeg.893e31a6a35183791dfabb10180faa16.jpeg

IMG_1605.thumb.jpeg.3492e59a87ffb23480a1d4b19041503f.jpeg

IMG_1600.thumb.jpeg.80be72dcc69d6168160d6224952456b0.jpeg

IMG_1595.thumb.jpeg.71bee3cefad68a6d05fe8f3d98d1aee1.jpeg

The food looks so good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, perfect match said:

We have Maya Key booked for our Wonder cruise in September. Thanks for all the photos and input from everyone. It looks like a place that we will enjoy. 

@CruiseSlacker, your photos downloaded fine for me. Thank you. 

I went on this excursion on cruise on Harmony's December 3 sail, it was enjoyable however, lousy weather. Rained on and off all day.  After lunch it began to rain again and gave up and took the boat back to the ship at around 12PM.  Went to the ship's pool and an hour later it started to rain again.  No luck.  By the way, the same weather pattern occurred on the previous December visit to different beach area of Roatan.

Here's a photo of the Harmony from the dock:

image.thumb.png.ef8726c396b41c2fc432e0cccb067993.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1