Is There A Microwave Oven In the Buffet on Equinox?

ghdool

I'm traveling on the Equinox shortly. Is there a microwave oven in the buffet anywhere? If not, is it possible to ask the staff to heat up something in a microwave oven in their kitchen at breakfast time?  Is there somewhere on the buffet where I can get hot milk, the main thing I wanted to heat up in a microwave oven? I'll be in a Concierge cabin.  Would they bring you hot milk with the free continental breakfast if I am not going to the buffet?

While I have never asked I doubt they would take any item back in the kitchen and heat it again.   Just seems like a violation of their food  health and safety protocol.  

With due respect I think your request may be well over the top of what they would do even for a suite passenger.    

I know they make hot chocolate at Al Bacio maybe you could order a  Latte and and hold the coffee --- they actually take all types of milk and steam them for cappuccino's and Latte's

• Like 2

Two or three times, the subject has come up in threads which I can no longer find, but I remember people asking if their special meals, or their baby food, could be heated in a microwave and the consensus was that there are no microwave ovens on board the ship in any location.  Perhaps it is issue with the power required to operate a microwave oven.

Steamed milk, however, is easily available café Al Bacio.  

I believe the coffee shops call it a steamer.  Instead of say a vanilla or hazelnut steamer etc just tell them you want a plain steamer.  You could order it with oatmilk or almond milk if you wanted. 
You will  need to go to Al Bacio to get it. 

Edited by mauimary

17 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Two or three times, the subject has come up in threads which I can no longer find, but I remember people asking if their special meals, or their baby food, could be heated in a microwave and the consensus was that there are no microwave ovens on board the ship in any location.  Perhaps it is issue with the power required to operate a microwave oven.

Steamed milk, however, is easily available café Al Bacio.  

I know there's one in the Penthouse on M-Class Ships.    So shouldn't be a power issue.

Edited by Jim_Iain

I am sure a microwave available to passengers would get as filthy as the communal ones in the office kitchens where I have worked LOL.  Probably Celebrity doesn't want the staff to have to clean it multiple times per day.  And even though the question comes up once in a while, there doesn't seem to be a huge demand for it.  

To the OP, I hope one of the other suggestions works for you.   Have a great cruise.  

Edited by Joanne G.
  • Like 2

Thanks for the advice, and Joanne G for the good wishes too. It's been 4 years since we've been on a cruise, so I did not remember if they had a microwave oven or not. The oatmeal station sounds like my best bet and easy when I'll be in the buffet. I will be on an ABC cruise and glad to get away from the snow and lousy weather at home.

2 hours ago, ghdool said:

Thanks for the advice, and Joanne G for the good wishes too. It's been 4 years since we've been on a cruise, so I did not remember if they had a microwave oven or not. The oatmeal station sounds like my best bet and easy when I'll be in the buffet. I will be on an ABC cruise and glad to get away from the snow and lousy weather at home.

There are no cruise ships that have a microwave oven for passengers to use. 

8 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Order a hot chocolate and hold the chocolate.

Reminds me of the movie Easy Rider.  Jack Nicholson wanted toast and they were not serving breakfast.  He ordered a chicken salad sandwich and told the waitress to hold everything but the toasted bread.  He told her to hold the chicken between her knees.....

36 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Reminds me of the movie Easy Rider.  Jack Nicholson wanted toast and they were not serving breakfast.  He ordered a chicken salad sandwich and told the waitress to hold everything but the toasted bread.  He told her to hold the chicken between her knees.....

Five Easy Pieces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Easy Rider was about two guys on motorcycles. 🏍️ 🏍️

• Like 1