New format test

19 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I haven't seen anyone commenting on the need for a post to be moderated before it is posted so I'm wondering if it just happened to my posts for some reason. One was approved and the other is still pending approval. This alone makes me not want the new format.

Not sure that is new format related as I have had one or two of my posts placed in "pending approval" prior to this mess.  Happened recently when a poster was "debating" a comment I made and I had formulated what I thought was an appropriate, but carefully worded response.  It ultimately was approved.  

34 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not sure that is new format related as I have had one or two of my posts placed in "pending approval" prior to this mess.  Happened recently when a poster was "debating" a comment I made and I had formulated what I thought was an appropriate, but carefully worded response.  It ultimately was approved.  

Ok, never had it happen prior to the test. Good info to have.

5 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Ok, never had it happen prior to the test. Good info to have.

I guess your posts are not typically as "controversial" as mine may be perceived to be LOL. (Very informative, however).

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Why are the "page numbers" (e.g., if you want to go to a different page) now located BELOW the first post, and ABOVE the *second* post?

For too long, I thought there were no longer any links to all of the pages if one wanted to jump back and forth.

GC

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I haven't seen anyone commenting on the need for a post to be moderated before it is posted so I'm wondering if it just happened to my posts for some reason. One was approved and the other is still pending approval. This alone makes me not want the new format.

There are several keywords that automatically cause posts to be moderated. Like the website R——. Apparently there is a concern we might be steering people to that site. So I abbreviate in this thread. 

• Like 1

Please take this reply in the spirit that it was offered and we all know that the moderators work very hard and receive no thanks for the work that they do - this change looks like an "improvement" to something that already works well and is designed by the Princess Cruise IT group.  LOL!!!

DON

Edited by donaldsc
If this is a problem just delete the post. I did not mean to create a problem with it. I do not want to get into trouble with CC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, aungrl said:

Laura, I think you're getting a clear indication that people don't believe this is the right forum to upvote a "right" answer.  As so many are indicating in one way or another, Cruise Critic at its best is about experienced cruisers providing answers and guidance as requested.  And many times, these answers and guidance are based on personal experience and opinion.  In other words, there is no one right answer to any given question or topic.  So best case, upvoting is meaningless, and worst case, it's destructive to the overall intent of 'users helping users', and allowing various opinions to flourish and expand others' thinking.

Best thing I've read on this thread. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 4:25 PM, JRG said:

The threads "Australia" and "Cruises with Amazing Scenery"   are good examples to see how well this may work.

Perhaps the naysayers should go to these posts,   then honestly upvote what you think is the best answer.   (then give feedback to the Mods and criticize if need be)

Right now,  those two posts are showing that the best answers have been upvoted.    This is good for readers who can skip all of the baloney posts that don't get upvoted.

Why don't we show some appreciation for the efforts that our Moderators put in and cooperate.

Try it out naysayers and let's see what happens.    

DOWN.

On 1/23/2024 at 4:25 PM, JRG said:

The threads "Australia" and "Cruises with Amazing Scenery"   are good examples to see how well this may work.

Perhaps the naysayers should go to these posts,   then honestly upvote what you think is the best answer.   (then give feedback to the Mods and criticize if need be)

Right now,  those two posts are showing that the best answers have been upvoted.    This is good for readers who can skip all of the baloney posts that don't get upvoted.

Why don't we show some appreciation for the efforts that our Moderators put in and cooperate.

Try it out naysayers and let's see what happens.    

You REALLY think that what one person thinks is "the best answer" about "good scenery" is going to be the "best answer" for everyone else?

... that YOUR "best scenery" should be decided as THE best scenery?

... or "my" best scenery?  I have NO thoughts whatsoever that what I think is "the BEST scenery" will be the best for others.

All I could ever imagine - or claim - is something like, "Here is some scenery that I/we think is spectacular, so perhaps consider traveling here..."

To have MY "best" scenery "upvoted" (which is clearly oh so different from "voted"... how?)

as THE BEST SCENERY FOR ALL?

Really!??

GC

• Like 1

Don't like it, AT ALL.  I was unable to be online for the last week.  When I click on what appears to be a new thread, I'm taken to the most recent post on this new format. l'd like to read it from the beginning.....

3 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Yes - but because “up” is the only vote we get (unless we write in “down”) it is kind of meaningless — along with the entire theme of this new approach.

Good for you. I check it every day and then never look at it again. If they were to put it on the whole site I'd have more free time 🙂

42 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Perhaps if you voted “Down” - in bold face capital letters every time there appeared to be an option, they might get the message.

Where/how do you vote? I will definitely do that, but I didn't see anywhere you can vote.

24 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Where/how do you vote? I will definitely do that, but I didn't see anywhere you can vote.

On the left side of every post at the top is a large  ^. Click that to vote. You can’t vote on your own post. I don’t think they give any instructions. Probably only curious types click and find out about clicking the ^ . 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Really!??

Don't worry.  

My understanding is that this is only a test and will be over before the weekend.