Chops Grill Lunch

19 minutes ago, 1carolj said:

Can I use Diamond plus coupon for lunch?

Don't see why not but why waste it on only the lunch menu at Chops, you do know there are 2 different menu's right? Lunch and Dinner

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Don't see why not but why waste it on only the lunch menu at Chops, you do know there are 2 different menu's right? Lunch and Dinner

Not everybody wants dinner, or the items on the dinner menu so whether it is wasted would be up to the individual. I have had lunch items served at night by pre-ordering.

32 minutes ago, 1carolj said:

Can I use Diamond plus coupon for lunch?

Some people have reported doing so successfully but probably depends on individual ship.

44 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Not everybody wants dinner, or the items on the dinner menu so whether it is wasted would be up to the individual. I have had lunch items served at night by pre-ordering.

When doing that , did they charge you the lunch price or dinner price for your meal?

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

When doing that , did they charge you the lunch price or dinner price for your meal?

We used a BOGO. We did it at night. I had the entree from lunch menu by preference and the rest of the party had evening menu so yes of course we paid dinner price. I wouldn’t expect anything else.

But I have heard of people that have done lunch prices at lunch time.

4 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

The current menu will be on the app for your sailing.

Yes, I did see that on the app. But one can never some anything is correct on the app.

Thanks! 

It seems that specialty dining rules are related to the number of bookings in the venues. Frequently, WHEN the staff is trolling the Windjammer, you can ask for the moon and get it. The moon comes with extra truffle fries.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Yes, I did see that on the app. But one can never some anything is correct on the app.

Thanks! 

Well, no guarantees it won’t change!

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

The lunch menu is a much better deal as it includes the filet.

We have had the UDP a couple of time and have it booked once more so far later this year. But for all the others I have lunches booked at Chops and Giovanni's/Jaimies on all the other on all sea days.  It is absolutely the best value for specialty dining.  

• Like 2

And when I did chops in 2021 on Symphony, I told them I wanted that salad listed outside on the menu that had goat cheese and applies.

They told me it was the dinner menu to which I argued then put up the Lunch menu otherwise it is misleading.  Then a few minutes later the chef came to my table and told me he would make it for me and winked he understood.   When I left I am it a point to tip the chef beside the waiter.  

So if you see something on the dinner menu, ask kindly to see the chef and wink wink.   

We are on Radiance in March (our 2nd time on Royal). We have never been to Chops Grill but I pre purchased a Chops Grill Lunch. We got a good Black Friday price (15.99 for adults and 8.99 for granddaughter). Any recommendations...?

1 hour ago, Empehi said:

How hard is it to push a BOGO past the 2nd day of a cruise?

e

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Depends on ship. You just have to ask.

On Anthem it's a hard "no".

3 hours ago, Empehi said:

How hard is it to push a BOGO past the 2nd day of a cruise?

e

From my experience it fluctuates from ship to ship and even cruise to cruise. It appears to be directly related to how booked the speciality restaurant(s) you are interested in for that cruise. One thing that has been consistent on every ship is you have to purchase the BOGO on day one or two of the cruise, even if you use it later during the cruise. Supposedly their software will not allow them to enter the BOGO after day two. I don’t know if that is actually true or if it is a case of staff being trained to tell passengers that in order to get them to make a purchase before the end of day two of the cruise. 

Over the last few months, I have used the BOGO at Chops on night three of a four day cruise on Freedom, Liberty and Independence. I paid for it on day one but I was allowed to use it on day three on all three ships. I am not a big fan of the Italian menu in the MDR, so I almost always eat in a speciality restaurant on that night.  

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We have had the UDP a couple of time and have it booked once more so far later this year. But for all the others I have lunches booked at Chops and Giovanni's/Jaimies on all the other on all sea days.  It is absolutely the best value for specialty dining.  

You were able to book these with UDP prior to the cruise ?