The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday February 8th, 2024

kazu

33 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Please explain the 3rd photo if you can.

It was in Noto.  They have a flower festival where they decorate the streets with flower paintings.  I am guessing it’s for that. image.thumb.jpeg.f77d41a5e7c96d7b9ea0fe90075cd604.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.23750eab5d0fe4e7eaf8ae752b5b88f5.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, bennybear said:

It was in Noto.  They have a flower festival where they decorate the streets with flower paintings.  I am guessing it’s for that. image.thumb.jpeg.f77d41a5e7c96d7b9ea0fe90075cd604.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.23750eab5d0fe4e7eaf8ae752b5b88f5.jpeg

The picture I'm curious about has witches hats & briefcases.

• Like 6

I just looked at my calendar and noticed today I was supposed to have boarded Cunard's Queen Anne in Fort Lauderdale.  That's Cunard's equivalent of Rotterdam 7.  I would not have been in a position to take the cruise but in any case I don't think the ship has even gotten to the stage of sea trials yet.

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from Maui.  E e just got back to town from Haleakala.  We were ahead of the traffic going up.  At the upper visitor center there were None chicks in the parking lot, and they were not afraid of people.  They wanted us for feed them.

20240208_110400.thumb.jpg.300e78460e1ff21f9ce269fde2238696.jpg

20240208_110423.thumb.jpg.38dd6664ca37188b47ae26e3fcaade2a.jpg

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I’m sad to say I have had more bad news today. 
My dear friend Lynda whose husband Bill passed 3 days before Christmas, has joined him in heaven. She passed this afternoon, after her cancer returned with a vengeance. 💔🙏

• Like 7
  • Thanks 16

I'm celebrating my release from post-surgical jail with a Corpse Reviver No. 2, which was the drink of the day on Monday. I have three hours of class on Thursday afternoon and usually need to be revived after that.

The course assignment today was a five-minute account of involvement with nature in childhood. I wrote about playing in the dirt.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from Maui.  E e just got back to town from Haleakala.  We were ahead of the traffic going up.  At the upper visitor center there were None chicks in the parking lot, and they were not afraid of people.  They wanted us for feed them.

20240208_110400.thumb.jpg.300e78460e1ff21f9ce269fde2238696.jpg

20240208_110423.thumb.jpg.38dd6664ca37188b47ae26e3fcaade2a.jpg

Lenda

DH says they are actually Grey francolin aka manu moa or chicken birds.  
Google thinks it’s a chukar partridge.   We hand fed one last year.  

This is a nene.

DSCN5987.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

My dear friend Lynda whose husband Bill passed 3 days before Christmas, has joined him in heaven. She passed this afternoon, after her cancer returned with a vengeance. 💔🙏

I am very sorry to hear this. 😔 My condolences to you with this so very dad news and for her family 😭 🙏 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

How sad for you and their family. Condolences to you all. M—

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Thursday from the beautiful Koningsdam docked in Kahului, Maui. Yesterday I went on the HOHO trolley and it was so beautiful. It was the line that went to Koko Head and further to Hunama Bay, the blow hole, and Sea Life Park. I stayed on the entire time. And the wind!  I didn’t think I was going to have any hair left. 

Today we are walking around and have plans to go to a little cafe owned by a Top Chef participant, Sheldon Simeon. It should be fun. I’m looking forward to having his macaroni salad. 

Last night we went to Club Orange for dinner with another couple we’ve been talking to at the Ocean Bar. They are from Montreal but the DH is originally from the Saguenay area and the DW originally from the Quebec City area. I love it when she says oui oui. Lots of fun. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, I was so heartbroken to hear about the baby zebra. I spoke with my DM and she said that there was snow halfway down the Catalinas. I bet it’s beautiful. 

Well, I’ve been writing this off and on for over an hour and we need to head out. Have a great day everyone!

It is!!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

I was curious about this one that looks have sailboats & briefcases hanging overhead.

20240208_202210.thumb.jpg.f4ce6eadf5b3a740adf876e48bec34bc.jpg

• Like 6

Good day everyone from the Volendam!

We are currently at sea on our way to Darwin, AUS (on the AUS/NZ GV). Another beautiful day in paradise, mid-80's, light breeze.

This has been great fun...

Today our group of Dailyites is having dinner at the Canaletto. These dinners are always fun because they are very nice and fun people 😉

As @Cruising-along, Carolyn said, Komodo island was cool to see but was hot, hot, hot! One and done for me. 

Currently it is Friday, Feb 9th at 11:50 am. The time differences are a challenge to keep up with though I think I have a bit of a mush brain after being on a nice cruise for a month! No real responsibilities and people who take care of us. 

Again the memes made me LOL, probably getting looks from other passengers. 😜

Take good care everyone. Safe travels to all traveling.

Prayers for everyone especially those with  challenges 🙏

Also, my thanks to all contributors. 

Caron

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 18

Three days of zoom meetings, very little actual work because of coughing.  Tomorrow I owe the man hours.  I did tell him however that if i was not better, it's off to the Urgent Care.  Not sure I'm urgent, but I am certainly the same.  Cant make money if I dont work.  I think I am jealous of DH as he has a month off, and has no idea of what to do with himself.  I cant make a honey do list,  if I do, he will constantly ask me if he is doing it right.  So i keep my mouth shut.  Maybe he can start going back to the senior center.  But he is not a morning person.  

I would love to go back and start taking art classes again.  Of course with this cough, no one wants me around them anyway.

we went out for lunch and dinner today, and i found out that Chick fil A sells waffle potato chips.  Hearty and crunchy and not salty.  I was thinking they would stand up well to a good crab dip, so that will be my make it treat for the game on Sunday.  Good excuse to make crab dip anyway.  Will need to pick up ingredients Saturday night, as tomorrow I am taking the rest of that pork roast, throw in the crock pot with pineapple chunks, tomato chunks, and onions and brew me some Q.  pulled pork. Have that with mac and cheese (stouffers) and maybe some salad,  

no wine.🙄 right now I only have NA bubbly.

pleasant dreams and safe travels...

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I was curious about this one that looks have sailboats & briefcases hanging overhead.

20240208_202210.thumb.jpg.f4ce6eadf5b3a740adf876e48bec34bc.jpg

Well I did a search and I found something about a thinking traveller?   So not sure if that’s the connection.  They have an international,voice competition and it is a UNESCO site as well as having one of the top patisseries that was featured on Chefs Table.   Cafe Sicilia.   I highly recommend a visit.  Not to mention the great wine. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Seasick Sailor Joy, DH says thanks for talking about the lemon drop.  He's found a new drink to love, depending on which bar he orders it in.

20240208_184202.thumb.jpg.7de8a1c86e74e22ecdff77b812ce8d9c.jpg

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, a belayed BON VOYAGE to you and your DH.  I'm glad your DSIL appears to be going well.

Lenda

Lenda, tell the bartender you want a fresh squeezed lemon drop, no lemon "mix". Your DH should have 4 squeezed lemons. I also order mine on the rocks if by the pools. They are addicting!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the daily information.

Today delivered Meals on Wheels, then this afternoon visited the Port to have a look at Vasco Da Gama, formerly Statendam.   Seeing her bought back good memories of our 28 days on board when we  cruised the Panama Canal,  San Diego to Fort Lauderdale return to San Diego. Also in port was the Royal Princess, a monster alongside the smaller ship!

• Like 13

Good evening.  We had a full day.  After we left Haleakala, we drove over to Lahaina.  Of course, we couldn't get close to the town, but could see the devastation, it was heart breaking.  I took some pictures, but I will not be posting them.  We could still smell the fire smell.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you got some help last night and some rest.  Tana's fever is worrying, and I hope the nurse has some answers to reduce it.

@Nickelpenny Pennie, that is sad news about the baby zebra.

@Sharon in AZ  we saw Craig last night, and heard about your adventures with the trolley.  It was definitely not a tour.

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I'm sorry about the passing of your friend.  Condolences to you and Lynda's family and friends.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Greetings from Kahului! 

@1ANGELCAT My condolences on the loss of your friend.

@Quartzsite Cruiser We missed you on Haleakala.  We saw the birds you were talking about.  Could we have had a nicer day for it?

IMG_3190.thumb.jpeg.c06ec1062573bd52271853c241cb4a0f.jpeg

IMG_3203.thumb.jpeg.0438df0d0fc0998ceb3525c025a3a1db.jpeg

IMG_3199.thumb.jpeg.0dd2d2251ec5f5d210f7d5cd47bcb22d.jpeg

IMG_3193.thumb.jpeg.ca13088fb610f5deb96805d321b6d2ac.jpeg

This was the best weather we've ever had on Maui.

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

Lenda, tell the bartender you want a fresh squeezed lemon drop, no lemon "mix". Your DH should have 4 squeezed lemons. I also order mine on the rocks if by the pools. They are addicting!

Joy, DH asked the server in Billboard on Board, and was told they use fresh squeezes lemons.  I had to cut him off after three tonight. 😉

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Such sad news.

Sending you my condolences for the loss of your dear friend Lynda.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I did tell him however that if i was not better, it's off to the Urgent Care.  Not sure I'm urgent, but I am certainly the same.  Cant make money if I dont work. 

I think Urgent Care is a very good idea.  Your health is more important than work - or money ♥️ 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1