Sun Princess Pictures and Videos

I don't think I have seen this here on CC yet...

Rex has a walk thru of the Sanctuary up, on YouTube !

Looks to be over 300 guests and 177 loungers. (that is what the guy on staff said!)

There are 8 Cabanas.  Pool.  Hot tub. Bar....

There appears to be two levels or categories???  There are MANY regular looking loungers, but some nice and padded loungers, like are in the SIGNATURE SUN DECK AREA.

NO SHADE!!!!!  (and some strange, uncomfortable looking chairs, etc.)

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya those are standard Princess loungers.... Unless they just haven't loaded on more of the nice ones yet? Just seems odd. Also noticed the TVs in the cabanas don't appear to be installed yet. Saw the cables in a couple shots

• Like 1

What I am seeing is,  around the actual pool, in the regular Sanctuary area, are the nice loungers.

A limited number for sure.

Then, of course, when he goes thru the little entry-gate into the SIGNATURE AREA, of course these loungers are the nice ones.

Would they charge more for these for the Sanctuary???

Or, would they be accommodating SIGNATURE guests around the pool.

Could padding, or more nice loungers, be on the way???

OMG... PLEASE TELL ME THAT THEY ARE NOT TRULY PLANNING TO CHARGE EXTRA MONEY FOR A NON-PADDED LOUNGER, SQUEEZED IN,  WITH ABSOLUTELY NO SHADE.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 2

The choice of loungers seem out of place at the Sanctuary. The Dome pool and the Wake View pool both have cushioned loungers. 

I’m thinking they haven’t got all the cushions in yet. 

4 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

More Pics from the first day of the Sun.

SUN 9.jpg

SUN 8.jpg

SUN 7.jpg

SUN 6.jpg

the food looks amazing as always! did you happen to snap any photos of the menu or the patter? Hope you’re having the best time. 

6 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I don't think I have seen this here on CC yet...

Rex has a walk thru of the Sanctuary up, on YouTube !

Looks to be over 300 guests and 177 loungers. (that is what the guy on staff said!)

There are 8 Cabanas.  Pool.  Hot tub. Bar....

There appears to be two levels or categories???  There are MANY regular looking loungers, but some nice and padded loungers, like are in the SIGNATURE SUN DECK AREA.

NO SHADE!!!!!  (and some strange, uncomfortable looking chairs, etc.)

It's on the main Sun Princess thread.  (I don't see the point of two threads unless he is going to do a Live From. 

I do agree - almost no shade at all.  Unless in a pricey cabana.  Even the Suite chairs look out in the open.  I was confused as I thought I saw a still photo a day or two ago with the overhead shade "sails" and they looked a bit denser and less "gauzy" than on Royal Class ships.  Could have been the angle or lighting. 

324 capacity - didn't catch the nbr of loungers, nor how many are reserved for Suites.  5-6 Double loungers (yuck) near the pool.  8 Cabanas.  No prices mentioned.  IDK why the video guy Rex did not mention one of the most important pieces of information about the place.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't bother wasting time on the above video.  It is lifted from an earlier one and the fellow doesn't seem to know much.  Other than a Cabana costs $500/day.  Yikes!!

Personally, I appreciate the efforts these posters are making to bring all of us the video information on a new ship.  I recognize much will be incomplete or unresearched but I think they are providing us a valuable service.  On their own dime and time as well!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't bother wasting time on the above video.  It is lifted from an earlier one and the fellow doesn't seem to know much.  Other than a Cabana costs $500/day.  Yikes!!

Agree to disagree; he's a travel agent and did some decent filming of Park 19, as well as his Sanctuary videos earlier. 🙂

• Like 3

On 2/28/2024 at 8:40 PM, abouna said:

Hoping to see photos/video of 14101/14102 and 14103/14104. We are on a July sailing with those cabins and larger balconies. 

You booked 4 cabins? Sounds like a great time! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vjmatty said:

You booked 4 cabins? Sounds like a great time! 

two cabins, one of each set but looking to see from either ones since they mirror each other.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 1:40 PM, abouna said:

Hoping to see photos/video of 14101/14102 and 14103/14104. We are on a July sailing with those cabins and larger balconies. 

Following as we’re in 14102 

On 3/2/2024 at 6:51 AM, rexdillinger said:

I can completely sympathize with your issues with guest services and the lack of communication with head office. We had a similar situation last summer where we were charged on the ship for excursions we had pre-paid. We even produced credit card statements showing that we had pre-paid them. We had several visits to guest services who in turn contacted princess headquarters to investigate but the only response I ever got was everything is correct offering no explanation in regards to it being clear we were double charged. In the end our cruise ended with it unresolved and I had to take it up with head customer support myself. After several phone calls I finally got someone that actually understood what happened and resolved the issue.

I think the problem with Princess right now is two fold. A lot of experienced staff left during COVID and now they have fewer and far less experienced staff dealing with problems. Second and probably most significant is I think they have technology problems. Right now I am experiencing regular website crashes and the app is displaying incorrect information (not showing me as elite and on one upcoming cruise it shows me as having premier when I don't). I suspect their whole back end software system is a buggy pile of garbage that just isn't reliable. Not only is it causing problems but it is making diagnosing and solving problems far more difficult than it needs to be.

• Like 1