Sun Princess

7 hours ago, suekel said:

Is the Reserve dining room open on embarkation day?

Yes, open 11:30am to 1:30pm    This was from the Embarkation Day patter 2 days ago:

image.png.f7c4c07c89de3ef7de482b8871d44044.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Good to hear about the new show!!!

Any thoughts about the show?  The theme? Lighting and special effects? etc.

I don't always catch all shows... so trying to decide which ones to go for!

The story is about new artists wanting to make it big on the stage. Starts with auditions and rejections and builds upwards.

Props minimal and the staging is limited due to the circular nature of the stage so no special effects.

12 hours ago, Esprit said:

The story is about new artists wanting to make it big on the stage. Starts with auditions and rejections and builds upwards.

Props minimal and the staging is limited due to the circular nature of the stage so no special effects.

🥱

On 3/12/2024 at 2:08 PM, dides said:

Video showing how Umai Hot Pot works. 

Obviously not a typical experience - what would happen with multiple people on the same table sharing broths and mixing up vegetarian/seafood/meat?

Looks great! We do hot pot is common out here but you only share with your individual table

Edited by Ombud

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

Looks great! We do hot pot is common out here but you only share with your individual table

Just an interesting quirk I’ve noticed about hot pot and a few other sun princess venues. If you are a party of 5 people, many of the specialty venues, including hot pot, won’t show up with available reservation slots until you drop down to 4 or less people (you might find bookings open up for parties of 6-8 but 5 seems to be limiting). For about a month now I’ve been watching for reservations to open up and only seeing a handful of specialty restaurants available. It wasn’t until I dropped down to 2 people to book one of the locations for me and my wife that I noticed everything else opened up. Playing with it some more caused me to realize that 4 people seems to have open availability but 5 seems dramatically more limited.

Edited by keldaria
  • Like 1

@keldaria is that because of the 'odd' chair? Table for 4 or 6 possible? So whats a group of 5 to do? 

Can anyone find a recent Americana menu? I can't get a 1st night reservation and would prefer to miss the buffet

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

@keldaria is that because of the 'odd' chair? Table for 4 or 6 possible? So whats a group of 5 to do? 

Can anyone find a recent Americana menu? I can't get a 1st night reservation and would prefer to miss the buffet

I assume it’s because the odd chair, which for hot pot makes some sense because they look to be setup for 4 people so a 5th person would basically mean taking up 2 tables. I was just surprised that many of the other restaurants also had similar behavior.

Specifically, Butcher Block, Kai Sushi, The Catch, and Hot Pot all do this with 5 people.

Spellbound may do this but I’m unable to check because one of my party is underage and it automatically kicks me down to 4 people so I can see reservation options anyways.

Love by Britto, Sabatini’s, Crown Grill, Umai Teppanyaki (hibachi) do have options for 5 people.

Edited by keldaria

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Here's one from June - remember the MDR specials will change each day

May be an image of text that says 'OEPRINCESS DINER MENU COMFONSTOOD S ""រ SPECIAL HOMEMADE TheH SANDWICHES bAne-cheestdp Selections from tonight's Main Dining PIES&DESSERTS PIES DESSERTS Ilove ILovethir Thir Buttermilk ButtermikFrledChicke FriedChicken hicken potatamas ShrimpP Boy Mississippi MudP ndscky hougenleihtes SEAFOOD Hot Smoked Salmon® ClassicSos toast Chips cer-barteredo ๑๙, sauce Me p6HHe Banana Shrimp Ribbon Chicken Bieu Grits* gelato, vanillaand Goodo bacen, andoulles ausage Fashioned Apple Pie Dream Deacans shortbread cookle SanDine 0Ne2024-3 Pa Vegetarian Admarg Carsuning nOMcoINeS expecially Gluten-Free Moc nedfeeeb candilans notanA'

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Americana aka American Diner doesn't take reservations - that's the walk-up casual MDR venue.. 

Thank you @dides. Looking forward to a better veggie burger (previous ones weren't edible) & root beer float for embarkation night. 

@reedprincess actually perfect as I can only get a 9pm reservation for the 1st night

Now back to help a kid pack. SJSU move in day is tomorrow.  That's where my $$s are going 🙄🤑

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

It seems, by credible source, (but who knows!) that Crown Grill be moving across from WheelHouse Bar.

That Butchers Block is taking the CG space.   

I wonder how much they will change the decor to make it look like a Crown Grill steakhouse?

This will be interesting to see how this all works out.

IMHO, it is good thing to have CG there with the bar.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2024 at 9:10 PM, Retired-N-Happy said:

Panini & La Palla from 200-600 at the Eatery.  Any idea what it is?

It's the name they give for the mid afternoon options: sandwiches, side salads, some topped focaccias etc. Light meals outside core hours

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

It seems, by credible source, (but who knows!) that Crown Grill be moving across from WheelHouse Bar.

That Butchers Block is taking the CG space.   

I wonder how much they will change the decor to make it look like a Crown Grill steakhouse?

This will be interesting to see how this all works out.

IMHO, it is good thing to have CG there with the bar.

All those changes and more in just a 5 day turnaround in early Oct. 

It should prove interesting to see if they can compete in on schedule.

31 minutes ago, dog said:

a Travel agent, on Sun frequently,

says they will do changes to dining rooms during the TA

That sounds more likely. I suppose they'll be a few complaints about not being able to utilize those spaces plus the noise of removing the Park 19. 

5 hours ago, 555 said:

That sounds more likely. I suppose they'll be a few complaints about not being able to utilize those spaces plus the noise of removing the Park 19. 

I didn't read that Park 19 is being removed during the TA. Did I miss it?

1 minute ago, beg3yrs said:

yes, some parts never opened and are being removed ... to be replaced with ________________

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes, some parts never opened and are being removed ... to be replaced with ________________

@555 indicated it would be removed during the TA while some of the restaurants were being relocated.However I haven't seen anything about when it's being removed. Seems to me that removing it during a TA wouldn't be feasible. I could be (and have been) wrong though.