Asking guests on Ascent with drink packages to sign slips

Posted (edited)

If drink is above package limits, sounds legit to me..

That said, we have a live review going on the Beyond that erroneously claimed nothing but frozen drinks were being served at the Sunset Bar..obviously, some will say anything without any confirmation at all. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

some will say anything without any confirmation at all. 

Now that's a 100% accurate truth bomb.  I read some postings & just wonder if they are paid by other cruise lines to spread misinformation.  😂

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

Now that's a 100% accurate truth bomb.  I read some postings & just wonder if they are Ipaid by other cruise lines to spread misinformation.  😂

I am not spreading misinformation! Two separate passengers on Ascent  FB page right now reported this. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Harborgirl246 said:

I am not spreading misinformation! Two separate passengers on Ascent  FB page right now reported this. 

I'm sorry - this was not intended to be directed at you.  It was a simple observation of things that I read on the internet (especially between here and the book).  We see it regularly that people can have complete opposite experiences on the same cruise.

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 2

Was there a charge on the slips that they were signing for?  Or was it a $0 balance with an option for additional gratuity?  Or was it to confirm correct passenger with correct seapass card? Or what?

Your post leaves out rather essential information, at least for me, to understand what your concern is.  That's my comment.

• Like 1

Wish we could keep Cruise Critic sep from FB.. FB is much less controlled and too free wheeling...!   We do not use it!

In my opinion,.it has ruined and diminished the CC roll calls..sad.

. FB folks who were not on the  active  CC  roll call  for our last cruise, jumped in at the last minute,  with conflicting events &  looking for folks to participate b/ c they did not have enough on their own.  It was confusing.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On Beyond right now. 

Signed for drinks at the World Class (drinks were a couple of dollars over limit) and at Eden (drinks were a couple dollars over limit). No signing required at Martini Bar, Craft Social or pool deck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harborgirl246 said:

Saw this on another website. Comment please.

Looks like some people have nothing to do. Slow day.

Well, you only have to sign a beverage slip if you are OVER the package limit.  That has always been the case.

59 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wish we could keep Cruise Critic sep from FB.. FB is much less controlled and too free wheeling...!   We do not use it!

In my opinion,.it has ruined and diminished the CC roll calls..sad.

. FB folks who were not on the  active  CC  roll call  for our last cruise, jumped in at the last minute,  with conflicting events &  looking for folks to participate b/ c they did not have enough on their own.  It was confusing.. 

There is one for an upcoming sailing we are on that has just gone over 600 members.  The misinformation is rampant.  

• Like 1

From what I can tell from the FB post - those with a package were having to sign a receipt even if they didn’t go over - so receipts for $0. It started Monday. But they are also saying within a day and a half they stopped it. 

Either a poorly thought out April fools joke, or something happened on Ascent to make them decide they needed a new policy for Q2, that they then walked back. 

IMG_5940.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, 1Virgo said:

We had to sign receipts, even with a Premium package and NOT over the limit, at the World Class bar.  

should add that that was on Ascent

As you can see above, not misinformation!

FB is a valuable source as long as you double check the information which I did. Those on here who slammed me, maybe should wait until they can prove me wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Harborgirl246 said:

FB is a valuable source as long as you double check the information which I did. Those on here who slammed me, maybe should wait until they can prove me wrong.

If I may offer some constructive feedback, I think you got some push back to your OP because there really wasn't enough information upon which to comment.  Were you seeking confirmation from those currently on Ascent?  Expressing an opinion or concern about the practice itself?  Or calling out FB for maybe posting bad information?  It was just difficult to understand what you were asking/seeking.  Most users on this board are truly kind and helpful.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Harborgirl246 said:

I think you dangerously assumed that we all were familiar with the details of the FB information to which you were referring, which as a result left your comments vague and lacking any meaningful information or context.  At least that's how it was to me. And proving you right or wrong has nothing to do with it.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Harborgirl246 said:

Just because you're seeing it on Facebook doesn't mean you aren't spreading misinformation. Considering it's Facebook, that might actually increase the odds that you are. You say you double checked the information, but completely neglected to provide any of it here. How can anyone answer the question without facts or supporting information? That's like saying, "There was a murder. Please comment."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harborgirl246 said:

Just curious as to why you seem to feel it's a big deal?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Liao said:

Just curious as to why you seem to feel it's a big deal?

I was actually wondering that from early on - thanks for commenting.  Why would signing a slip of paper with a drink package be an issue?  And if it was to confirm an upcharge based on an individual drink, how else should it be handled?  

Edited by leaveitallbehind