Has anyone flipped their floorpan themselves?

23 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I just spot checked Freedom and every regular balcony cabin had the bed next to the balcony (even side by side rooms).

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Doesn't the balcony cabins alternate where the bed is located?  Just find a cabin with the arrangement you want.

18 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Seriously though the cruise lines will have to watch out for this because it is all over SM now and there are many comments with people saying they are going to do this on their next cruise

And what would be wrong with this?

8 hours ago, Tatka said:

While I prefer bed by the balcony out of 11 cruises on Anthem once we had sofa but balcony. It wasn’t tight. Anthem has pretty large rooms

I think also because Anthem and other Q class have the bathroom at an angle to the main part of the cabin, so there’s no skinny hallway at the entrance. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I wouldn't see people on a Caribbean Cruise doing that, Between the humidity and the heat you would roast out there. That would be so uncomfortable.

I have slept outside overnight on my balcony in the Caribbean. Some people lay out in the sun all day, something I never do. But at night, it's nice, there's a breeze, and the white noise of the sea, it's lovely. It is not for people who like to sleep in though because of the sunrise of course.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

And what would be wrong with this?

Aside from the fact that you are asked to not leave anything on the balcony, if a rainstorm hits the bedding would be a mess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gerif said:

Aside from the fact that you are asked to not leave anything on the balcony, if a rainstorm hits the bedding would be a mess. 

“Leaving” it would suggest that the mattress is outside while passengers are inside or not in their cabin. From what I’m reading it’s only out there while someone is sleeping on it. 

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Why is it not possible? 

62 cruises with 8 lines, and this is the first time I read about such request. Only requests are to separate beds. I’d think some furniture is attached to the floor… and overall, why should this be accommodated.

Why not book a cabin with desired configuration?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tatka said:

62 cruises with 8 lines, and this is the first time I read about such request. Only requests are to separate beds. I’d think some furniture is attached to the floor… and overall, why should this be accommodated.

Why not book a cabin with desired configuration?

Just because you have never heard of it doesn't mean it's not possible. 

• Like 1

The most “flipping” we’ve done is to switch spots with the chair and sofa in the JS so that the couch is next to the vanity.  That allowed us to sit on the couch with our devices plugged-in.  It was a simple switcheroo and we moved it all back into place before we left.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gerif said:

No problem. They'll just add it to your seapass card.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vjmatty said:

“Leaving” it would suggest that the mattress is outside while passengers are inside or not in their cabin. From what I’m reading it’s only out there while someone is sleeping on it. 

Rainstorms in the Atlantic can take you by surprise. But I suppose it would be a wake up call you'd never forget! 💦

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I  agree with those who say change your stateroom  In many cases, except for holiday periods, many balcony stateroom options should be available.  

The OP is on the Freedom.  The cabins all have the bed by the balcony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Just because you have never heard of it doesn't mean it's not possible. 

I suppose many things are possible on the ship. Including camping on open decks or preparing own food, but such things are not supposed to be accommodated. 

With separated beds it’s listed as an available for request. 
Duties of stewards do not include switching places for sofa and bed. It’s difficult will invoke additional wear and tear. (I'm sure there are other problems that are difficult to predict)

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Why is it not possible? 

It isn't possible because the desk and vanity area, which ISN'T movable, would be in the way of the bed if you were to swap the bed and sofa in an Oceanview Balcony cabin on the Freedom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

Duties of stewards do not include switching places for sofa and bed.

I don't think OP was suggesting it was the responsibility of the steward, thus the title including "themselves."

OP, from what I've casually noticed just walking around while rooms are being serviced, people do all sorts of wild things to their rooms and some people make a hurricane in theirs. I don't see why you couldn't change it around to your liking while onboard as long as you put it back.

• Thanks 1