The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 30th, 2024

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Actually though I left Chicago over 30 years ago I’m still a White Sox fan, talk about hurting all over, the White Sox are pathetic, with a pathetic owner, a pathetic GM, a pathetic manager and pathetic players.

Tell us how you really feel!😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

What about the man behind Bugs Bunny voice. His tombstone!

IMG_1861.thumb.png.956ab5eced2ba8088f3da27278873a34.png

Mel Blanc was amazing, he was great on the old Jack Benny Program.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll support animal advocacy. Not sure about Beltane. Bugs Bunny was ok when I was a kid. Good quote. Ok to the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I've been to Maui, but not Kahului. I had Mr. Potato Head when I was growing up.

It's warm (70F) and cloudy. Rain is on the doorstep. I woke up at 5 and went back to sleep until almost 9 - almost 9 hours of sleep! BFF and I made a road trip to the post office, my first time out in a car. I'm not sure what's on for the rest of the day.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up. Great tree by DD.

@aliaschief Thanks for checking in; sorry the weather isn't sunnier.

@RMLincoln Prayers for you all at DSIL's funeral. I hope DH's eye pressure continues to be in range.

@MISTER 67 Sorry about your Lightning.

@marshhawk Prayers for Chuck and his appointment today.

@VMax1700 Nice sunrise photo!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Good thoughts for Wayne and his pacemaker placement. 

@ger_77 I hope you get good news about DH being accepted for the procedure. 

@smitty34877 I hope the shoulder is feeling better.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Vanessa @JazzyV it's phenomenal you were able to get 9 hours of sleep total last night.  Unbelievable!  You must feel like a new person.  Nice you were able to get out today.

@1ANGELCAT what a shame Wally's owner won't be able to get him back now.  I hope he's not too tame for the wild - he might not know how to protect himself from predators.  Seriously.  Keep us updated if you hear more.  

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

If you were a White Sox fan you would know how I feel, at the pace they are on they are going to wind having the worst record in modern day Major League Baseball history, the 1962 NY Mets right now have that distinction finishing with a record of 40-120.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Just now, JazzyV said:

I'll support animal advocacy. Not sure about Beltane. Bugs Bunny was ok when I was a kid. Good quote. Ok to the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I've been to Maui, but not Kahului. I had Mr. Potato Head when I was growing up.

It's warm (70F) and cloudy. Rain is on the doorstep. I woke up at 5 and went back to sleep until almost 9 - almost 9 hours of sleep! BFF and I made a road trip to the post office, my first time out in a car. I'm not sure what's on for the rest of the day.

@RMLincoln Prayers for you all at DSIL's funeral. I hope DH's eye pressure continues to be in range.

Mother Nature is in charge.😁

• Like 9

Good morning all!

I'm all for animal advocacy, I like Bugs Bunny, and will pass on Beltane.  I see that @kochleffelcaught the April 31 date too. 😉 Will pass on the drink and wine, but might like the 3rd recipe -- although I'm sure it's too high in sodium for me, it sounds tasty.  We still have a Mr. Potato Head here for the grandsons to play with.  Have been to Maui but not Kaului.

Yesterday's weather was a surprise, we actually had sunshine all afternoon!  I did get some more annuals and got them all planted.  The yard is looking very colorful now. 🙂  The rain came back last night, but the forecast for today shows a low chance of the wet stuff.  

Happy 31st Anniversary @lobsternight!

Maureen @RMLincoln I'm glad your DH's eye pressure is somewhat lower this morning and hope the trend continues.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Love the graduation tree!

Vanessa @JazzyV How wonderful -- almost 9 hours!!  This is what we've all been praying for.

Susan @durangoscots I was sorry to hear you were ill, but glad you're feeling somewhat better.  I know it takes awhile to get our stamina back!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning,

Wow, it's been about 3 weeks since Dad died and it feels like 3 months, it's just been nonstop tasks.  The wake/funeral took a week to get setup and organized and that took place a week ago today, and then I had to get started on estate matters. The wake/funeral went well, it wasn't easy doing open casket everything, but Dad's church insisted on it as part of their orthodox tradition and there was no option to deviate.  Washington State doesn't really give you very long to start probate, so I had to find an attorney right on the heels of the funeral.  And this week I had to get started on banking matters now that I have the death certificates.  Dying is a giant pain in the butt if you ask me!  I've barely had time to mourn the actual loss.  

At first the idea of being on a cruise without Dad was unthinkable. But now, after the above stress, the idea of doing something is gaining in appeal, and it doesn't even need to be on a ship, even a week in Hawaii sounds delightful, anything to forget about the real world for awhile. Of course not everything has been a walk in the park, I'm still dealing with intense grief like I've never known it before, but counseling and a support group are assisting on that. 

So that's a very quick update I know, but I hope everybody are continuing to have fantastic vacations, and I hope to join you back in the daily on a more regular basis in the very near future.  

~Bruno

• Like 14
  • Thanks 23

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Just noticed that, in my haste to take the trash and recycling out, I skipped taking my blood-pressure medicine. I'm not awake enough in the morning to remember whether I took it or not, but I turn the bottles on their sides in the evening and turn them upright when I've taken it.

That’s a great idea!

• Like 10

Thanks for the maps and reports. Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. Sorry about the Lightening. Was a good game. Love the shots of Gibraltar. Best fish and chips I have ever had were there. 
well husband got good check up and is cancer free, graduated from oncology. Guess the Alaska trip is on. Friends were on the ill fated Radiance for their first cruise. I felt bad for them. Hip surgery is waiting for me, legs are okay but the hips don’t lie. 
I explained about my excessive need to boogie which caused this issue. They just stared and nodded and when I mentioned the cruise to Alaska their mouths dropped open. I will just stay onboard and observe the scenery with a pain killer or two. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning, an update on Wally the sea alligator, It’s posted on 6 ABC  app that he was stolen and placed in a yard to scare someone. A trapper was called and Wally was captured and has been released into a swamp. The chance of being reunited with his owner is slim. Again , you can’t make this up.

Not sure that it was a good idea to release Wally to the swamp as he has been around humans and probably would associate them with food. Many of alligator "attacks" happen near areas where they have been fed and it ends up being bad for the alligator.as even if no attacks happen they are considered a nuisance and removed .

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Niagarawine Good news about your husband.  Glad you can still cruise.  Any idea when your hip surgery will be?

Thank you. I am on a waiting list for six months to a year depending on which surgeon is available. I was considering a cancellation. Should be interesting. Maybe I will rent a scooter.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Niagarawine said:

Thank you. I am on a waiting list for six months to a year depending on which surgeon is available. I was considering a cancellation. Should be interesting. Maybe I will rent a scooter.

It was fairly easy to use DH's scooter in the Alaskan ports. At least compared with some of the Caribbean ports.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  I got all but one errand done, and that one will be done on the way to the hair cut appointment.  I just have to drop off a form and a copy of the receipt at the electric coop's office to that we will get the rebate on the work done yesterday.

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Actually though I left Chicago over 30 years ago I’m still a White Sox fan, talk about hurting all over, the White Sox are pathetic, with a pathetic owner, a pathetic GM, a pathetic manager and pathetic players.

My reaction was the same as Ann's @cat shepard.  Don't be shy, and tell us how you really feel about the White Sox.

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm all about animal advocacy - they deserve it.  Thanks for the explanation of Beltane; I had no idea what it was.  Who doesn't love Bugs Bunny?  I remember Saturday morning cartoons on the old black & white TV watching all the antics of that crazy bunny.

It's only +4(39F) right now and cloudy, and according to the weather apps (all of them agree today) there's a 55% chance of rain starting late this morning and carrying on throughout the day.  Unfortunately yesterday the couple who was going to do our spring yard clean-up couldn't make it, and if they're going to do it today, they'd better be here early or they won't be able to do any raking in the rain.  It's not like the leaves and trash from the cedars and junipers are going anywhere.  LOL

@RMLincolnI do hope your DH's eye issue is short lived and his pressures get back to normal again very soon!  Also sending comforting thoughts to you as you bid farewell to your DSIL.

@marshhawksending every good wish I can think of for Chuck's appointments today, and for strength for you as his back-up person.

@smitty34877I do hope your shoulder issues are short-lived and you're feeling better soon.

@lobsternightwishing you and your DH a very Happy Anniversary!

Our friend Wayne is receiving a pacemaker today, so sending good wishes out to him as well - I just texted him and his reply was "Fran's driving me to the hospital", so hopefully he'll be back home this evening.  As far as DH's issues - I called yesterday morning and left a pleasant message (you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar) saying we were wondering what the outcome was from last week's case presentation.   Crickets.  No reply, although I'm not the type of person to sit around waiting for phone calls - I did enough of that in high school waiting for a particular "boyfriend" to call.  When we did come back from shopping, etc., I did check the phone and there weren't any calls.  So, I'll call again this morning and try to find out what's happening.  Sigh.

I know I'd like the drink (love grapefruit), would probably enjoy the wine, and I've never had cauliflower rice of any kind - it sounds like it might be quite good.  For us there's a package of fried ground beef thawing that will be made into quesadillas for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in turmoil, in wars, and especially for the souls of the slain officers and their families in North Carolina.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, your mentioning about catching more flies with honey than vinegar made me smile and a little teary.  My paternal grandmother was always saying that.  I hope you get a good answer about the case presentation.  I hope the pacemaker solves Wayne's problems.

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

My thoughts exactly.  You know what they say about great minds.  😉

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, I'm very glad you are getting plenty of sleep.  It must have felt good to get out of the house for a bit.

53 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

If you were a White Sox fan you would know how I feel, at the pace they are on they are going to wind having the worst record in modern day Major League Baseball history, the 1962 NY Mets right now have that distinction finishing with a record of 40-120.

Maybe the White Sox will follow the Mets history.  Remember the Miracle Mets in 1969.  

45 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning,

Wow, it's been about 3 weeks since Dad died and it feels like 3 months, it's just been nonstop tasks.  The wake/funeral took a week to get setup and organized and that took place a week ago today, and then I had to get started on estate matters. The wake/funeral went well, it wasn't easy doing open casket everything, but Dad's church insisted on it as part of their orthodox tradition and there was no option to deviate.  Washington State doesn't really give you very long to start probate, so I had to find an attorney right on the heels of the funeral.  And this week I had to get started on banking matters now that I have the death certificates.  Dying is a giant pain in the butt if you ask me!  I've barely had time to mourn the actual loss.  

At first the idea of being on a cruise without Dad was unthinkable. But now, after the above stress, the idea of doing something is gaining in appeal, and it doesn't even need to be on a ship, even a week in Hawaii sounds delightful, anything to forget about the real world for awhile. Of course not everything has been a walk in the park, I'm still dealing with intense grief like I've never known it before, but counseling and a support group are assisting on that. 

So that's a very quick update I know, but I hope everybody are continuing to have fantastic vacations, and I hope to join you back in the daily on a more regular basis in the very near future.  

~Bruno

Bruno, thank you for checking in with us.  I'm sorry you are having a rough time, and please remember to take care of yourself and to make time to do something nice.

36 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

Thanks for the maps and reports. Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. Sorry about the Lightening. Was a good game. Love the shots of Gibraltar. Best fish and chips I have ever had were there. 
well husband got good check up and is cancer free, graduated from oncology. Guess the Alaska trip is on. Friends were on the ill fated Radiance for their first cruise. I felt bad for them. Hip surgery is waiting for me, legs are okay but the hips don’t lie. 
I explained about my excessive need to boogie which caused this issue. They just stared and nodded and when I mentioned the cruise to Alaska their mouths dropped open. I will just stay onboard and observe the scenery with a pain killer or two. 

That is great news about your DH being cancer free and graduating from oncology.  I hope you don't have to wait too long for the hip surgery.  Have you tried steroid shots while you are waiting?  Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning, an update on Wally the sea alligator, It’s posted on 6 ABC  app that he was stolen and placed in a yard to scare someone. A trapper was called and Wally was captured and has been released into a swamp. The chance of being reunited with his owner is slim. Again , you can’t make this up.

That is not the best news for Wally or his owner.  And what a cruel way to scare someone.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning,

~Bruno

I’ve often wondered if the reason you’re so busy is to distract you.   Sending hugs,  it takes time,  and some r and r might be just what you need.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, atexsix said:

Good Morning,

~Bruno

Time heals but great memories last forever. Thanks for checking in and wishes for acceptance.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1