The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 30th, 2024

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

My Lightning were eliminated in their first round playoff with the guys from the other side of the state, oh well, now I can concentrate on the baseball season.

My sympathies. 

IMG_2761.jpeg.495c0e43aec8359920162a628b6327ff.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 26

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be a drizzly day in northeast Ohio.  Lots of visiting on the agenda today.  I hope all of you have a good day.

• Like 25

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  It's 64 cloudy, and may I say humid.  Rain expected today. The docs added some lab tests for DH this morning, so we are going in to midtown  a bit earlier than expected.

@RMLincolnI am sorry that your DH's second eye is not doing as well as hoped, and I hope that the drainage is working better today, that he is not having pain, and you both can make it through another hard day today.  As you say, one day at a time. Hugs being sent your way.

@smitty34877I hope your shoulder is feeling better, and that the aids have shown up to care for Tana.

The kittens seem to be doing alright, we do,  as grand cats,  worry.  The remaining stray cats are developing an almost decent relationship.  Clown has learned to jump from the "dead" jeep up onto the roof.  (I'm impressed) Butter and Collard Greens are no longer fighting, and both are sleeping in the car port. Chumley sleeps under the ivy in the back 40, and comes out when food is placed in it's proper spot.  The other strays have moved on. 

Momma cat has settled in well with living on the porch.  I need to get pictures, but I also need some decent light.  The babies eyes are now open, and they are crawling around everywhere.

So I dont want to use a flash. I need some afternoon light, and the time in the afternoon to get a decent picture. 

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

@0106 the #3 recipe looks really good.  I actually may be able to sneak that cauliflower rice in with that one.

Stay safe everyone!

89307431ded693f009e1f56458667b92.jpg

ab62595de1f30a17ef7b76211415ba89.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning from sunny SW Michigan.   Thanks for the Daily and maps, Sandi, Roy and Rich!    Animal advocacy is extremely important, most of the time humans are their only advocates and they fail them.   Hurray for Bugs Bunny.   Thanks for enlightening me about Beltane @grapau27, I will pass.   Good quote from Andersen.   I have not been to Kahului, I will look forward to photos as we are going three times in 2025.   Coming soon..   I will pass on Cauliflower, but would love a Paloma and today's value, highly related Grenache.  I would like to find some,

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports Vanessa.  I pray that you continue to heal and improve,   Prayers for Chuck, Tana and Terrie, I hope your shoulder feels better today.   Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, the people of Ukraine, the hostages and the innocents in Gaza.  Prayers for all of the police officers and their families who were killed or wounded in Charlotte.  Prayers for all cleaning up from the deadly tornadoes.  

I am heading to my sister's house shortly to dig a bunch of plants that she will be donating to the plant sale,   I have two ladies from GC meeting met and then two more coming to the house at noon to pot them up.  Have a lovely Tuesday!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Tina, Ann, and Dixie, Happy Anniversary Lobsternight.  Congratulations  Morgan.  Maurine, I hope the lower pressure this morning is a sign of things to come.  Complications on DH are not what you need right now.  Prayers also for Chuck with his medical visit this morning.

I’ll pass on Beltrane but like the other two days, especially Animal Advocacy Day.  I was never into Mr Potato Head.

I have not cruised to Kaului but was there on a 1992 land trip.

I’m not convinced on the meal. My alternative is Jimco and Mango Salad, Baked Ziti with Sausage and Sun-dried Tomato, and Mixed Berry Crisp as served on MS Nieuw Statendam April 30, 2018.

dishes0430.jpg

It will be hot today with storms this evening.  I hope to be home for the day by noon.

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a sunny day at the beach

@lobsternight   A very Happy Anniversary to you both. May ou have many more.

@StLouisCruisers  Love the tree. So creative.

Busy day for me today. Heading to the lab for routine lab draws for DD and me. Then the library to count money. Last day of month. Then a review with the librarian in prep for tomorrows budget meeting.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from Nieuw Statendam, currently docked in Gibraltar, but due to depart in about 15 minutes.

I think today is a day of two firsts for me.....

First first, i was awake too early to post on the Daily and had to wait for the thread to post before I could show the ship's position

Screenshot_20240430_074132_VesselFinder.thumb.jpg.50185f2d4da90bfb3f434b7900f82b4c.jpg

the second first was having a sunrise photo to post!  I am not a morning person. In fact I try to avoid mornings if at all possible!

So here is my masterpiece.........Rock of Gibraltar at sunrise on 30th April 2024

20240430_071030.thumb.jpg.b336c4ee32b9f3229c275a5c2e1e5023.jpg

20240430_071201.thumb.jpg.d970d8e756c52f9ca04124e090ee8b83.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Definitely in favor of animal advocacy but troubled by the information that Beltane spans April 31-May 1. I didn't enjoy April enough to want an extra day of it.

I would probably like the fried cauliflower but I don't agree that cauliflower tastes buttery. Pass on the drink; I might be under the table before I finished it. No old-vine Grenache or any Grenache in the FL, so I'll counter with Dr. Frank's old-vines Pinot Noir, planted in 1958 and the second-oldest Pinot Noir planting in the U.S.,$26.99.

Today is the last day of Passover for the second day in a row, which is hard for me to cope with.

Took out the trash and recycling, hoping that the rain doesn't resume before the pickup, because there are paper and cardboard in the recycling bin.

My avatar photo is from my first cruise, on the Norwegian Epic, six years ago today.

Screenshot2024-04-30at08-57-08BackintheDaybyEricScottforApril192024GoComics_com.png.55ace395d7e9cb76e0cb9fdfb85ad056.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 7

Good morning from another cloudy start to the day in central Texas.  It is currently 69F with a expected high of 81F.  There is no fog today, and we should see some sunshine this afternoon.  The rain will return early tomorrow morning.  Another busy day with a couple of stops in town, and a trip to the county seat to register one car.  This is the last day the current registration is valid.  I've waited this long hoping the other car is out of the shop by now, but they are still waiting on a part.  While I'm that close, I'll stop at W-M.  This afternoon will be a much needed haircut.

Animal Advocacy Day should be everyday.  If we don't speak for the animals, no one will.  Beltane is new to me, and thanks to Graham @grapau27 for telling us about it.  Bugs Bunny was not my favorite cartoon character.

An interesting and amusing quote by Hans Christian Andersen.

We like fried rice, but we'll pass on today's meal  We'll also pass on the drink and the wine.

We docked in Kahului on February 8 on Koningsdam.  I posted my pictures on February 24 when Lahaina was the port of the day.  While we've driven through Kahului on several visits to Lahaina, I don't have any pictures of the town.

The advertisement of Mr. Potato Head in 1952 has been a trivia question in the past.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I'm glad the eye pressure is lower.  You and your family will be in my thoughts today as you say goodbye to DSIL.

@MISTER 67  Our condolences on the Lightning's loss last night.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandy, the graduation tree is a very nice thought, and it looks lovely.

@LambKnuckles  Enjoy the Austin zoo.  I didn't realize there was a zoo in Austin.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope the doctor's visit today gives both of you some answers and solutions.  HUGS!

@VMax1700  Colin, thanks for the picture of the sunrise by the Rock.

438829687_288823130937685_7102490421682180072_n.jpg.185719dc9768edfac0be5f7299ce5d9d.jpg

438299247_854907996681446_2326847707780115877_n.jpg.37e247f3e0985146f5b080ea8fc9ec96.jpg

438302329_856263496545896_6881243433154779211_n.jpg.9d567b7faf4a6556e631e21f4f487857.jpg

438331087_837164081771435_2034915984748666813_n.jpg.ee8288f649a211856b2b55e2387174af.jpg

438674323_277049178806495_7823453122846518164_n.jpg.a89c8c44de6808143f9195f3fb87f8a4.jpg

438680159_854904676681778_3389829849691164940_n.jpg.9018bf22d382d4cba3267b0b820a69de.jpg

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 16

Just noticed that, in my haste to take the trash and recycling out, I skipped taking my blood-pressure medicine. I'm not awake enough in the morning to remember whether I took it or not, but I turn the bottles on their sides in the evening and turn them upright when I've taken it.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Just noticed that, in my haste to take the trash and recycling out, I skipped taking my blood-pressure medicine. I'm not awake enough in the morning to remember whether I took it or not, but I turn the bottles on their sides in the evening and turn them upright when I've taken it.

I use two pill cases and set alarms on my phone for morning and evening. That is a good idea turning them on their side.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

My sympathies. 

IMG_2761.jpeg.495c0e43aec8359920162a628b6327ff.jpeg

Actually though I left Chicago over 30 years ago I’m still a White Sox fan, talk about hurting all over, the White Sox are pathetic, with a pathetic owner, a pathetic GM, a pathetic manager and pathetic players.

• Like 8
  • Haha 11

Just now, MISTER 67 said:

Actually though I left Chicago over 30 years ago I’m still a White Sox fan, talk about hurting all over, the White Sox are pathetic, with a pathetic owner, a pathetic GM, a pathetic manager and pathetic players, otherwise things are wonderful.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm all about animal advocacy - they deserve it.  Thanks for the explanation of Beltane; I had no idea what it was.  Who doesn't love Bugs Bunny?  I remember Saturday morning cartoons on the old black & white TV watching all the antics of that crazy bunny.

It's only +4(39F) right now and cloudy, and according to the weather apps (all of them agree today) there's a 55% chance of rain starting late this morning and carrying on throughout the day.  Unfortunately yesterday the couple who was going to do our spring yard clean-up couldn't make it, and if they're going to do it today, they'd better be here early or they won't be able to do any raking in the rain.  It's not like the leaves and trash from the cedars and junipers are going anywhere.  LOL

@RMLincolnI do hope your DH's eye issue is short lived and his pressures get back to normal again very soon!  Also sending comforting thoughts to you as you bid farewell to your DSIL.

@marshhawksending every good wish I can think of for Chuck's appointments today, and for strength for you as his back-up person.

@smitty34877I do hope your shoulder issues are short-lived and you're feeling better soon.

@lobsternightwishing you and your DH a very Happy Anniversary!

Our friend Wayne is receiving a pacemaker today, so sending good wishes out to him as well - I just texted him and his reply was "Fran's driving me to the hospital", so hopefully he'll be back home this evening.  As far as DH's issues - I called yesterday morning and left a pleasant message (you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar) saying we were wondering what the outcome was from last week's case presentation.   Crickets.  No reply, although I'm not the type of person to sit around waiting for phone calls - I did enough of that in high school waiting for a particular "boyfriend" to call.  When we did come back from shopping, etc., I did check the phone and there weren't any calls.  So, I'll call again this morning and try to find out what's happening.  Sigh.

I know I'd like the drink (love grapefruit), would probably enjoy the wine, and I've never had cauliflower rice of any kind - it sounds like it might be quite good.  For us there's a package of fried ground beef thawing that will be made into quesadillas for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in turmoil, in wars, and especially for the souls of the slain officers and their families in North Carolina.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DD made a last minute decision to decorate her foyer tree for her darling daughter Morgan's college graduation.  That child did not have a high school graduation due to Covid restrictions in 2020 so she deserves some recognition!  I absolutely love it!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Love it!!!!

Susan

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

69 this AM with a high of 86 and lots of sunshine.

Never heard of Beltane Day but who hasn’t heard of Bugs Bunny, one of the most iconic cartoon characters ever, Whats up doc. When I was a kid and went to a Saturday matinee with 25 Cartoons, Bugs always got the loudest cheers.

Good quote.

Pass on the meal.

Going to grab some sunshine today at the beach.

My Lightning were eliminated in their first round playoff with the guys from the other side of the state, oh well, now I can concentrate on the baseball season.

Have a great day and stay well.

IMG_0028.thumb.jpeg.b5e92ba70fb07d35634cf5699dde56b5.jpeg

What about the man behind Bugs Bunny voice. His tombstone!

IMG_1861.thumb.png.956ab5eced2ba8088f3da27278873a34.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DD made a last minute decision to decorate her foyer tree for her darling daughter Morgan's college graduation.  That child did not have a high school graduation due to Covid restrictions in 2020 so she deserves some recognition!  I absolutely love it!

Fabulous decorations Sandi.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, an update on Wally the sea alligator, It’s posted on 6 ABC  app that he was stolen and placed in a yard to scare someone. A trapper was called and Wally was captured and has been released into a swamp. The chance of being reunited with his owner is slim. Again , you can’t make this up.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3