Bring 8 oz. milk containers and cereal for snack/bedtime routine on Royal Caribbean?

You can. However, cartons of milk are available in the Windjammer so you shouldn't have to bring any. You can grab a few cartons and keep them in the "fridge" (actually a glorified cooler) in your room. I have also seen cereal in single serve bowls in the Windjammer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You can. However, cartons of milk are available in the Windjammer so you shouldn't have to bring any. You can grab a few cartons and keep them in the "fridge" (actually a glorified cooler) in your room. I have also seen cereal in single serve bowls in the Windjammer.

I agree completely.  Although you can, IMO there is no need to bring it. You can get cartons of milk and cereal to keep in your stateroom from the WJ.  And although aptly described as a "cooler", the small refrigerator is cold enough to safely store the milk for short term use.  We use it frequently to keep more adult beverages cold and it works fine.

19 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yes, I know this, but the refrigerator is never cold. In the past I have asked for ice for my soda and I got it once a day at the same time. Depending on our activity for the day, it wasn't always 

frozen. We are okay to carry it on, if it is allowed. we will bring the milk you don't need to refrigerate. Thanks for the info.

16 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I agree completely.  Although you can, IMO there is no need to bring it. You can get cartons of milk and cereal to keep in your stateroom from the WJ.  And although aptly described as a "cooler", the small refrigerator is cold enough to safely store the milk for short term use.  We use it frequently to keep more adult beverages cold and it works fine.

Thank you. I am nervous about the refrigerator temperature. I don't mind carrying on

non-refrigerated milk if allowed, just for peace of mind.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, travelbugforever said:

Thank you. I am nervous about the refrigerator temperature. I don't mind carrying on

....my beer stays cold.  But I completely understand - what ever you are most comfortable with.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

7 minutes ago, travelbugforever said:

Yes, I know this, but the refrigerator is never cold.

This may vary - some of the newer ships have actual fridges (vs coolers) that can stay cold enough.

15 minutes ago, travelbugforever said:

Yes, you can bring on shelf stable milk for your son.  You can also bring on cereal too which I would suggest you do if he is particular about what he likes because there are not many choices on the ship.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, you can bring on shelf stable milk for your son.  You can also bring on cereal too which I would suggest you do if he is particular about what he likes because there are not many choices on the ship.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Oh that's good to see in print. Thank   you.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This may vary - some of the newer ships have actual fridges (vs coolers) that can stay cold enough.

I look forward to seeing that on a newer ship. I love the newer ships but we are stuck with an older ship because of the port we leave from is convenient.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

If you get milk at breakfast and use it by bedtime, you're fine.

Exactly.

We had an 2 year old on a TA and never had a problem getting supplies. You can probably even special request at lunch or at night if you really need extra fresh. 

Biggest problem was not having the WJ open between 4.30-5.30pm so needed to plan around that.

Edited by c-leg5

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I don't think any of the ships have fridges now...but some coolers just work better. I had two rooms on Oasis last year, one cooler got my room temp water chilled to a nice cold bottle. The other time it just barely cooled them down. SO I get the concern for keeping milk,  you may as well carry some on if you are able to do so, then when you are in the buffet or around the ship near the cafe, you can still grab a carton here and there to use so you don't have to bring a ton of it on board with you, just some to have for when you aren't out and about. 

12 hours ago, travelbugforever said:

The milk will stay cold enough that it will not spoil. It will taste better than milk that is "on the shelf".

Several thoughts: 

- If you want individual milk cartons to stay cold, wrap them in a wet napkin and put them in the refrigerator ... or go a step further and place the wrapped carton in your small ice bucket and put the whole thing in your room cooler. 

- It's possible that your ship won't offer individual milk cartons /instead will offer self-serve milk.  If you encounter this, just bring a cup of milk back to your room and treat it the same way.  

- Yes, what you have in your room is probably a cooler, not a true refrigerator.  It will keep cold things cold, but it won't bring room temperature things down to cold ... or, if it does, it'll take days.  

- If anyone can explain to me why my husband, who never eats cereal at home, suddenly wants tiny boxes of Fruit Loops on the ship, please explain it to me!  

Hello,

Whilst I agree that cartons of milk are available from the WJ, that's only for as long as they have them. On longer cruises, 12D+, they have had to resort to filling carafes or bulk dispensers with milk in WJ.

Regards,

Cublet

Why chance spoiled milk.  You should bring the individual containers of non-refrigerator milk as you said in your post.   Use at off hours and go to buffet for milk during open hours.  

Some coolers work better then others- No big deal to carry a few small milk cartons. IMO

17 hours ago, travelbugforever said:

I look forward to seeing that on a newer ship. I love the newer ships but we are stuck with an older ship because of the port we leave from is convenient.

Fyi, I may be wrong but I don't believe the Vision has refrigerators in some of the rooms.  Is this your ship?

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Fyi, I may be wrong but I don't believe the Vision has refrigerators in some of the rooms.  Is this your ship?

From their posts, it looks like they are on Symphony so I am confused about the older ship comment since that ship is from 2018.  I would consider Symphony a newer ship and would expect it to have the better "coolers" that keep things cold.

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

From their posts, it looks like they are on Symphony so I am confused about the older ship comment since that ship is from 2018.  I would consider Symphony a newer ship and would expect it to have the better "coolers" that keep things cold.

Symphony is considered older?  🤔