Beyond Buffet Question's

Dress code in the buffet is very casual. One must wear shoes and if in a bathing suit, must be covered. Shirts are also required. 

there is a pasta station every night. Not sure about burgers. 

• Thanks 1

Not a cooked to order burger station.  But I have seen precooked burgers in the buffet.

Mast Grill which is open generally from 11 - 6 is the place for burgers.

Pasta  & pizza every night and longer hours than the majority of the food stations in the buffet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DennysDad said:

I assumed Burger's, Hot Dogs, and Chicken nuggets were daily food at dinner in the buffet.

Anyone dine at the buffet on the regular?

I like the buffet, but I don’t go looking for hot dogs or chicken nuggets..the made to order pasta area is my favorite..they also have some good premade sandwiches..I like to try things I couldn’t easily try at home..

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't think I've ever seen chicken nuggets on a buffet, except in a dedicated children's area, no matter which line I've been in.

Oh I have. Royal, NCL, Carnival. Ok, some are nuggets, some fingers. Same difference. But all the big ones do.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Oh I have. Royal, NCL, Carnival. Ok, some are nuggets, some fingers. Same difference. But all the big ones do.

There isn't much for kids to do on board like the other lines you mention so often there are very few kids on Celebrity.  Also, I don't think you'll find too many on here who go to the buffet every night; we were on the Beyond about a year ago but never went to the buffet for dinner.  On other ships, they generally have nuggets/fingers in the kid's sections

31 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There isn't much for kids to do on board like the other lines you mention so often there are very few kids on Celebrity.  Also, I don't think you'll find too many on here who go to the buffet every night; we were on the Beyond about a year ago but never went to the buffet for dinner.  On other ships, they generally have nuggets/fingers in the kid's sections

On Royal chicken fingers/nuggets, burgers, and hot dogs are a big part of the adult buffet.

Just trying to make sure a picky adult eater can get a burger for dinner if all else fails. LOL.

I do get it. There doesn't seem to be many buffet folks here. Any feedback from people who have actually had dinner at the buffet is helpful. Thanks all.

• Like 1

@DennysDad:  While we don't dine at the buffet very often we have done so when returning to the ship after a long day on shore.  I don't recall seeing hamburgers at the Ocean View, but don't look for them either.  No ballpark style hot dogs but I think on German themed nights we've seen brautwursts and so forth.  There will be a pizza station and pasta station.  Large salad bar.  Offerings of Indian foods.  We've seen fish, chicken, pork chops and steaks which they cook to order.  Often have a carving station where they are carving pork loin, beef or turkey.  

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

@DennysDad:  While we don't dine at the buffet very often we have done so when returning to the ship after a long day on shore.  I don't recall seeing hamburgers at the Ocean View, but don't look for them either.  No ballpark style hot dogs but I think on German themed nights we've seen brautwursts and so forth.  There will be a pizza station and pasta station.  Large salad bar.  Offerings of Indian foods.  We've seen fish, chicken, pork chops and steaks which they cook to order.  Often have a carving station where they are carving pork loin, beef or turkey.  

Kinda bummed about no burgers. Actually a little surprised too. I know it's on the room service menu. I'm starting to rethink if Celebrity will be a good fit. That's always a basic at buffets on other ships. 

2 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Kinda bummed about no burgers. Actually a little surprised too. I know it's on the room service menu. I'm starting to rethink if Celebrity will be a good fit. That's always a basic at buffets on other ships. 

Burgers and hot dogs are available at the Mast Grill which closes (I think) at 6 PM.  

The Ocean View is fairly large with a wide selection of offerings.  A number of the staff dine there so it needs to be varied.  And on the ships we have been on (Beyond is one we have not sailed) there is frequently a theme in the evenings at the Ocean View such as a "Taste of Germany" or "Taste of Italy."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

There are also themed lunch buffets and many of the dishes are delicious. We have eaten dinner in the buffet on a few different ships. Always a wide assortment, just as lunch buffets. The grilled to order steaks, chicken and fish are very good. Salad bar is always outstanding. We  were just on Beyond and the lunch buffets were  widely varied. 

Edited by 39august
  • Thanks 1

Plenty of people in this forum seem to live in the buffet and like it.  I don’t do buffets on ship because that’s what I do at home and I want something different.

Are you the picky eater?  There is also the MDR.  Have you checked out the menus?

• Thanks 1

We do not eat burgers on a cruise ship..unless at a sit down meal. 

They used to have a burger grill towards the back of the buffet..but have not seen that recently .

OP:  Why not try something new??

57 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

You can get a burger every day from 11-6, and you are rethinking your cruise because you can’t get a hamburger at night? How picky is this person, they can’t eat pizza, pasta, carved meat and mashed potato …etc. ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DennysDad said:

Celebrity is not a big kids line.  No water slides, surf riders or other things to amuse the younger set.  Buffet is more likely to have cooked to order beef, fish, salad, carved meat stations than burgers, hot dogs or chicken nuggets. If you are expecting a Carnival or NCL look alike you will be disappointed.

Well, there's the picky eater. And there's the 55 plus person who has better luck chewing burgers than steak. LOL. 

But I do like to treat myself to a burger around 8pm if I want something extra on a cruise. I don't see what's wrong with wanting and expecting that. 

So it's a safe go to if all else fails for 3 out of 4 of us. Just surprised they don't have some cooked ready to take at the buffet when wanted. 

Really didn't think this question would become the be all and end all. 

• Like 1

And no, not expecting a Carnival atmosphere. That's why this cruise line was chosen. Everyone is 55 plus. Just not fancy eaters I guess. Plus dental issues. Picky eater. Etc, etc.

Hi. I love the buffet for dinner. They have lots of great items. I have seen burgers and fries on beyond dinner buffet but not sure if is every night. I also love that they have all kinds of flavored rices and indian food. Think you will find plenty you will like and can eat with dental issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I once went up to the buffet to make myself a charcuterie plate to bring back to my cabin. I think I saw hamburgers and hotdogs, since the Mast Grill was closed, but I can't say for certain.

• Thanks 1

We are just back from an 8 nighter on Apex, and ate in the buffet every night. Our preference, like to see what we are going to eat, and choose little portions as tasters, rather than committing to something off the menu which we then find we don’t like. 

Im not a burger fan, and didn’t notice if they were available. If there were, they would not have been cooked to order but ready made and kept hot. 
The evening selection was not as extensive as the lunch offerings. However, there was always enough choice to put together a decent meal. Always a roast carvery, and there was usually roast chicken as well. There were makings for fajitas at every meal too, beef, chicken and fish plus the extras. Always grilled chicken breast slices, minute steaks and fish.   
The rolls were delicious, so if we weren’t very hungry, we would have rolls and butter with roast meats from the carvery. 
There was a pasta station and a stir fry station, which I never used, but seemed popular. The curry was always excellent. Didn’t try the pizza, not our thing. Big selection of salads, some cheeses ( no Cheddar! And there was blue cheese labelled as !blue cheese!)
We are fairly picky eaters, in that we don’t like fish, rare beef, duck or veal. Never have room for starters, OH would prefer chips to mash, and I’d eat rice with everything! At home, we eat free range meats and eggs, and  have lots of excellent nearby restaurants serving local produce, so cruise ship food isn’t that big a deal for us.
We also loved the layout and seating in the buffet, with its wonderful sea views, instead of having to hang around for the next course on a table for two, six inches from its neighbour, in the bowels of the ship!

• Like 1