Juice Bar New Menu

Juice bar update for anyone interested - We were really looking forward to fresh juices at the juice bar.  They recently replaced fresh juices with a Lara juice machine that tastes 10x worse than watered down concentrated sugar juices.  It’s absolutely disgusting, isn’t fresh, tastes awful and ruined what was once a great healthy item.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Juice bar update for anyone interested - We were really looking forward to fresh juices at the juice bar.  They recently replaced fresh juices with a Lara juice machine that tastes 10x worse than watered down concentrated sugar juices.  It’s absolutely disgusting, isn’t fresh, tastes awful and ruined what was once a great healthy item.

What ship are you on? We're currently on the Royal and they've got these machines as well. I've tried it twice- one was ok, and the other was not great. I overheard another passenger complaining that whatever he got tasted like chemicals. I know the old way of doing it with the blender was taxing and time consuming for the bartenders (and that was on COVID capacity ships at like 60-70%) that tended to be busy with the breakfast rush already but this new way is not even close to the same.

Our last cruise was on the Majestic in May 2023 and they definitely still had the raw fruit/veggie juicers. Those were fantastic. I'd advise everyone to skip these new concentrate machines, and I'm quite disappointed in the change. It's like being promised orange juice and then handed a Sunny Delight.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

They recently replaced fresh juices with a Lara juice machine that tastes 10x worse than watered down concentrated sugar juices.  It’s absolutely disgusting, isn’t fresh, tastes awful and ruined what was once a great healthy item.

Premium.

Juice.png.ace113e63b6c6236725f514c942fa0a7.png

Princess shouldn't stretch it too much with the "enhancements".

• Haha 1

On the Caribbean Princess it took me about four days to realise the juice bar was a machine stuck behind the counter. It's a bit of a stretch to call it a bar.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

The biggest problem is they don't clean the juicer between drinks.

I was thinking that a cleaning product was responsible for the chemical flavor. Guess not.

9 hours ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

Our last cruise was on the Majestic in May 2023 and they definitely still had the raw fruit/veggie juicers. Those were fantastic. I'd advise everyone to skip these new concentrate machines, and I'm quite disappointed in the change. It's like being promised orange juice and then handed a Sunny Delight.

March/April 2024, Majestic still had the blenders.

• Like 1

I disembarked from the Island Princess yesterday day. They still have the juicer and use fresh fruits, vegetables, and other things. I had the carrot, apple, cucumber, and ginger. It was OK. A friend of mine loved them and would have six a day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I disembarked from the Island Princess yesterday day. They still have the juicer and use fresh fruits, vegetables, and other things. I had the carrot, apple, cucumber, and ginger. It was OK. A friend of mine loved them and would have six a day.

I hope they still have this for the 6/25 sailing.  Where is "the juice bar"?

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I hope they still have this for the 6/25 sailing.  Where is "the juice bar"?

On the Discovery Princess it was located in the Buffet.

Bob

• Haha 1

Bummer. I was looking forward to trying some different juices next week on the Regal. I have the Plus and am not a big drinker, so thought this was a good perk to it.

Posted (edited)

Major bummer. Last October/November we sailed 63 days on Grand Princess. They had the juicer at the aft bar and I had 2 juices pretty much every morning. I tried almost all of them (didn't do the last two on the list as they were simply "blender drinks") and there were 2 I really liked a lot so I had one of each most mornings. I would go to the aft bar and order 1 Immune Booster, 1 Cleanser, and 1 Shot of Bulleit Bourbon. Then I would have breakfast. Ahhhh... It was a great way to start the day. Being onboard for that long the bartenders were quite used to me getting my morning fix. They cleaned the juicer really often which was great. (The prices on the list below are US pricing. When we sailed on Grand Princess the prices were higher as it was in AUD but still included with Plus.)

image.jpeg.06a93457b445d2502e61b69aa1c9de2a.jpeg

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Major bummer. Last October/November we sailed 63 days on Grand Princess. They had the juicer at the aft bar and I had 2 juices pretty much every morning. I tried almost all of them (didn't do the last two on the list as they were simply "blender drinks") and there were 2 I really liked a lot so I had one of each most mornings. I would go to the aft bar and order 1 Immune Booster, 1 Cleanser, and 1 Shot of Bulleit Bourbon. Then I would have breakfast. Ahhhh... It was a great way to start the day. Being onboard for that long the bartenders were quite used to me getting my morning fix. They cleaned the juicer really often which was great. (The prices on the list below are US pricing. When we sailed on Grand Princess the prices were higher as it was in AUD but still included with Plus.)

We stick to the everything but the last two blender ones and have two or three a day. 

Sea days we had until 2pm where they pack up the blender. 

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Hope they don't switch before Oct. Didn't look on the Sapphire, totally forgot about it to tell the truth. Well maybe somebody on the Sept. Cruise will fill us in.

Thanks

FYI to me this is false advertising - the website reflects fresh juices and smoothies.  I’m aboard the grand and neither exists.  The  smoothies are not a thing and the only juices are concentrated sugar water from a Lara powdered juice machine.

IMG_0915.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

FYI to me this is false advertising - the website reflects fresh juices and smoothies.  I’m aboard the grand and neither exists.  The  smoothies are not a thing and the only juices are concentrated sugar water from a Lara powdered juice machine.

IMG_0915.png

Princess Plus Beverage Package:

Specialty Sundae - maybe one and done

Specialty Cake - maybe chocolate/red velvet once each.

Gym - no

Casual Dining on CB - planks/maybe, steamers/no

Juice Bar - if made with powder….no/disappointing

2,5 alcoholic drinks per day - probably not

Room Service delivery/OceanNow - probably

Medallion shipping - Yes

Crew Appreciation- Yes

MedallionNet - Yes, although it would have been 50% off

Getting Plus on next cruise - yes…for convenience this time (also getting 2 minibars and daily water bottles.  

I know, I know….long story !

• Haha 1

Aboard the grand now - the drinks and ingredients sound good and when blended together are good.  But this Lara juicer and juice is absolutely disgusting.  Concentrated juice, sugar water.  Worse than powdered Kool aid.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

IMG_0915.png

You are really getting your knickers in a twist over this - here and all over FB as well. I agree with you, however I had the "real" juice bar a few months ago on Coral Princess and they were also terrible. The photos show tall glasses with fruit etc but on Coral the juice was served in the same pathetically small glasses that the usual buffet juices are served in. I would be most unhappy if I had paid for them (I had Plus). I don't think the staff had a clue about what they were supposed to be doing.

Edited by leck57