The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 22nd, 2024

richwmn

Happy Thursday! It is starting out as a gorgeous day here in  north Alabama. A tad cool so it seems perfect for my morning walk.

Never heard of Run Chata, but I made a note of one of the recipes to try as soon as the chill in the air is back for good.  Happy anniversary  to @grapau27 and Pauline. Looking forward to pictures of your anniversary food!

Thank you, @StLouisCruisers for remembering my DH in the care prayers. He is s much better asnd tray is day 4 of the 5 day Paxlovid med. This bout hit quickly after exposure and he was flat out for 36 hours before getting the medicine. You can remove him from the top of the prayers list for sure. And thank you. My find Leesa with breast cancer will come home Sunday from an extended stay in south Alabama following surgery. All reports are great- at this point no further surgery and no chemo or radiation are prescribed. Seems amazing and I am sure all the prayers she has received have helped her have a good prognosis . 

Today will be a fun day. I will pick up our 14 yr old DGS for an overnight stay while his parents visit the older DGS away at boarding school. This one likes to plan meals and is pretty good at it.   Don’t know how long that will last but it makes  cooking fun to have him involved.

I see that Oosterdam has an Irish music cruise. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that one. We board her on Sept. 29.

@kazu, that is one happy relator! ! 

Debbie

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  I wonder if there is a peach bao that could be dessert?  I’ll celebrate surgical oncologists who try to make people’s lives better.

I like the quote, life is what we make of it.  All of us here make it a little bit happier for ourselves and others.

I like the meal suggestion a lot but will pass on the drink.

I have not been to today’s port.

Prayers for the folks on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today.  Safe travels to Boston @dfish and @Sharon in AZ.  Happy anniversary to @grapau27 and Pauline🥂

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It’s a beautiful cool morning here in Upper Michigan. Our long travel day went well and we arrived on time. Had a delicious dinner and was watching the Detroit Lions ball game with B-In-Law and woke up this morning in their recliner. Nothing beats a long recliner nap. Now enjoying a freshly ground coffee overlooking their yard hoping for a deer sighting. Had several deer sightings yesterday during our drive from Travers City.

@grapau27Happy Anniversary 

@superomaHappy Birthday

Have a great day and thanks for the reports a fellow post. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.d70a0d5db3d60260801dde799f0812cc.jpegimage.jpeg.f1845f4ecd9f8f50a22e5f901323eb13.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.da07675f1870fe7d21b4fecd853df940.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

Posted (edited)

Good morning from a mostly clear central Texas where we have a 9mph wind from the ESE to help keep things more comfortable.  It is 79F with 84% humidity and a dew point of 74F.  The predicted high is 102F, so after a quick run to get donuts, I'll stay inside until about sunset just after 8pm.  

It's been a while since I had a fresh peach.  DH bought a bao when we were in Chinatown in Yokohama.  He liked it, but after a small bite, I let him have the rest.  Surgical oncologist are important, but if I meet one, I hope it will be at a social occasion or on a BHB.

I agree with the Samuel Smalls quote.

I made French onion soup once, and it was a lot of work and did not turn out well.   DH orders it often on BHBs.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.  

While we have been to The Netherlands many times, we've never been to Rotterdam.  I am enjoying every ones' pictures today.  Thank all of you for sharing them with us.

Three good days in history that are worth celebrating.

@superoma  Eva, please wish your DH at VERY HAPPY 79TH BIRTHDAY for us.  

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, this is our last day of triple digits for awhile.  This time of year, we don't expect rain. Our rainy season is in the spring.

@grapau27  Graham, thanks for the explanation of the days.

@TiogaCruiser  Laura, I've seen fresh eggs at the omelet station in the Lido for years, and this year they had them at the main breakfast station, just not that many.  I hope you have a great day in Saint John.

@puppycanducruise  Melanie, I hope a sore arm is all the reaction you will have from the shingles vaccine.  When I got my first one, the pharmacist told me if I had any reaction, even just a sore arm, to wait as close to the end of the six months between shots as that would help lessen the reaction.

@kazu  Jacqui, I know seeing the sold sign was bittersweet, but I loved your realtor's reaction.

@Heartgrove  Best wishes to your DSIL for a successful surgery today.  I'm sorry she has to wait until later in the day, and has to go without pain meds before hand.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm sorry the gave you an ophthalmologist appointment at the wrong office.  Good luck with your DH's neurologist appointment today. 

@NextOne  Edi, I'm glad you are doing well after your surgery, and that your DS is taking such good care of you.  Rest and enjoy the help while it lasts.

@doobieb  Debbie, I'm glad your DH is feeling better.  Enjoy your time with your DGS.

Now, it's time to start the laundry.

429765483_322833734118321_2118290939063717786_n.jpg.9f2c534ab9fe7f3432478b4748a866aa.jpg

430112937_7564052016951838_5342523259382780468_n.jpg.8e611e91dd6807f9c7f9b5bd33a6e89d.jpg

437729073_757810916462577_3123772043733883188_n.jpg.f61a0e60f5e4d7ca7aacb35c9d925dc5.jpg

448715225_122155787516058465_5509216096761610116_n.jpg.3c5e5adc31aa0b3b75e6d0ed63e80c25.jpg

455095569_810100067952472_4047180855742839177_n.jpg.7ac04033408bb8b9b38147e80d19528c.jpg

455862372_122133575558297504_4309197420401426672_n.jpg.fb94217f04d5456605ff48e956a209b5.jpg

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 19

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites=slept until 8, got DH taken care of, still need breakfast, and I start work in 15 minutes. So hugs to all today, I will be back I hope between breaks!

• Like 25

Sorry I am late with the meal posting today. We went out for birthday breakfast and just got back. Thanks everyone for DH’s birthday wishes.

French onion soup

Not quite soup weather yet although we had a couple of chilly starts this week. One of these versions will hit the spot when fall comes for real.

Best Classic French Onion Soup - Once Upon a Chef

This seems to be the classic French onion soup recipe.

image.thumb.png.e8b6a5a8114ebb1be36267826dde6099.png

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/french_onion_soup/?print

This one suggests vermouth instead of wine and focuses on the stock used.

image.thumb.png.0f2196d413774bef2254d0d005d6ff33.png

French Onion Soup Recipe: How to Make It

This one uses port wine or dry sherry.

image.png.9ea6fc8e24307c4d68f903ce1eaa05f4.png

All of them suggests that while the soup is simple it does take time to get it right. That lovely smell of onions cooking is so perfect on a fall day. Not so much when it is 100+ outside. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 16

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, EVA, Ann and Dixie for the FR&D   I like all 3 of today’s days..   Special prayers for Ann, Pat Melissa, Chuck, Annie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.

Bon Voyuage Kathleen; you have a great day for sailaway in Baltimore..  Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline.  Happy Birthday to Eva’s DH..

The Smiles quote makes me smile.

I visited Rotterdam in 2011 arriving on Rotterdam 6 and staying overnight on Rotterdam 5.  Here’s Rotterdam 6 leaving..

byems6c.jpg

Two great days in history.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My Alternative is Chilled Apple Vichyssoise, Orange-Ginger Pork, and Tiramisu as served on MS Veendam August 22. 2013

My one day this week with no specific obligations although I will be at the fire house this afternoon.

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, doobieb said:

Happy Thursday! It is starting out as a gorgeous day here in  north Alabama. A tad cool so it seems perfect for my morning walk.

Never heard of Run Chata, but I made a note of one of the recipes to try as soon as the chill in the air is back for good.  Happy anniversary  to @grapau27 and Pauline. Looking forward to pictures of your anniversary food!

Thank you, @StLouisCruisers for remembering my DH in the care prayers. He is s much better asnd tray is day 4 of the 5 day Paxlovid med. This bout hit quickly after exposure and he was flat out for 36 hours before getting the medicine. You can remove him from the top of the prayers list for sure. And thank you. My find Leesa with breast cancer will come home Sunday from an extended stay in south Alabama following surgery. All reports are great- at this point no further surgery and no chemo or radiation are prescribed. Seems amazing and I am sure all the prayers she has received have helped her have a good prognosis . 

Today will be a fun day. I will pick up our 14 yr old DGS for an overnight stay while his parents visit the older DGS away at boarding school. This one likes to plan meals and is pretty good at it.   Don’t know how long that will last but it makes  cooking fun to have him involved.

I see that Oosterdam has an Irish music cruise. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that one. We board her on Sept. 29.

Debbie

Thank you.

We had a lovely meal last night.

Pauline made 2 salad boxes up and we went to the beach to eat them.

She has a hairdresser appointment this afternoon.

17243328141073419774996869309846.jpg

• Like 23

Posted (edited)

IMG-20210215-WA0004.thumb.jpg.a993f94882b83f6c468adcf2ab7cdaee.jpgIMG_20180524_123306.thumb.jpg.e7998865e29fc08840b50d725350e25d.jpg

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Heartgrove’s DSIL having surgery today for tri-malleolar ankle fracture

NextOne post hip surgery

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie post breast surgery

Vict0riann’s DH Pat taken to the ER yesterday; probable viral pneumonia

Dfish and Sharon in AZ traveling to Boston today

Lindaler’s DS with an emergency situation

Hal Sailer diagnosed with Lymphoma

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Kazu post vascular surgery with continued pain

Seasick Sailor’s DH All with weight loss

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage to Lady Hudson (Katherine)!

Happy 43rd Anniversary to grapau27 & paw13 (Graham & Pauline)!

Happy 79th Birthday to Superoma’s DH!

Kazu accepting an offer on her house

Lazey1’s DS Tony making slow improvement

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Crazy For Cats (Zuiderdam Aug 24 to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

2 days for Dfish (Zuiderdam Aug 24 to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

2 days for Sharon in AZ (Zuiderdam Aug 24 to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

3 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Westerdam Aug 25 to Sept 1) 7d Alaska Explorer

3 days for Dobiemom (Westerdam Aug 25 to Sept 1) 7d Alaska Explorer

Cunnorl (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings, St Pete Cruiser (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings, RMLincoln (Emerald Princess to Aug 28) 17d Greenland & Canada, Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary, 0106 (Rotterdam to Aug 31) 14d Best of Norway, TiogaCruiser (Volendam to Aug 31) 11d Newfoundland & New England Discovery, Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Aug 31) 9d Cabada/New England  and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

3 hours ago, cunnorl said:

@grapau27 happy Anniversary to you and Pauline. May you enjoy many more!

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  This Thursday morning I awoke to a temp of 77F, and see that they predict a high of 97 with sunshine.  We’ve been here over a week and seen no rain or even sprinkles yet.

First let me say Happy 43rd Anniversary today to Graham @grapau27 and Pauline @Paw13!  May you enjoy many more!  I’m sure your lovely dinner with Sarah and her boyfriend last night was a huge success and gratefully welcomed.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the ship location maps.  There are several interesting days to recognize on this date.  I don’t have any peaches available but will celebrate with a glass or two of peach tea.  Surgical oncologists are very important in the treatment of cancers.  I’m not a fan of dumplings so will pass on National Bao Day. Today is also National Burger Day and National Take Your Cat to the Vet Day!  I think the quote sounds true.  I enjoy the French Onion soup on BHB’s and would try the Silver Beach Sauvignon Blanc, but no rum drinks.  I applaud the “This Date in History” events!  Thanks to Eva @superoma(substituting for Debbie), Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your food and beverage reports today.

Prayers for our Care list group, including Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Melisa and her DH, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Nancy’s DB, Edi, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Roy, Jane’s DS, Debbie, Terri and Jim, @doobieb’s DH, and Vanessa.  Also for my DB, twin sister, DD, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our military members in war zones.  Cheers to all celebrating special events like Graham and Pauline, cruising and preparing to cruise.  Hoping it’s a wonderful day for all!  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for her hard work on the lists every day even with health issues.

The port this morning is Rotterdam, the Netherlands.  It’s an important one for Holland America.  This was the port before on Feb. 25, 2022 and June 18, 2023.  I’ll post the links for you, and repost my photos.  Hoping all who enjoyed that port will share their photos too.

Happy Birthday today to Eva's @superoma DH!  Welcome Home Katherine @Lady Hudson!

Have a great day today everyone!  Stay safe and keep well!

2 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Happy Today!!!

Thank you for the reports!

I've learned about Bao, and know about peaches and oncologists (unfortunately)!!!

I love the soup, the drink, the wine and I've never sailed into or out of Rotterdam -- but I've been there.  (My sister lives in The Hague.

@Seasick Sailor Your sister is still in my prayers!

@Vict0riann  Prayers for Pat and you!!!

Yes...  Prayers for ALL who are listed and those who have unmentioned needs, too!

@grapau27  HUGS and Love to you and Pauline on your anniversary!!!

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27 Happy anniversary to you and Pauline!   🍾

2 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27  @Paw13   Happy Anniversary 🥂

anniversary-wishes.gif

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Happy Anniversary 🍾🥂 @grapau27 @Paw13

happy-anniversary-message-banner-poster-design_1639-48572.jpg.a67616c1d2ad115984167f397a25bd51.jpg.31f16fc1898b21e53236b7db8df78655.jpg

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Happy anniversary Graham & Pauline @grapau27

A very happy birthday to your DH @superoma

IMG_9956.gif.e9fc34b1643f780fc4c78b2d630647ff.gif

Bon Voyage Katherine @Lady Hudson Have a great cruise and a WONDERFUL time.

IMG_3411.jpeg.30bb0dd39b84fb3c8a212b53cba134d0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Denise T said:

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly morning here. Love those. 

Getting done things that I need to. One project complete and out of the way. Working on grading assignments and I will be seeing clients and have my class this evening. 48 days to go! 

Bon voyage to @Lady Hudson!

Everyday Bon Voyage Cards, Free Everyday Bon Voyage Wishes | 123 Greetings

Happy Anniversary to @grapau27 and @Paw13!

happy anniversary cats - Google Search Work Anniversary Quotes, Happy ...

Happy birthday to @superoma's DH!

65 Happy Birthday Wishes Involving Cat Meme (with Images)

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Thursday funny | Animal humor | Cute cat | Long week | Hang in there ...

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Just a quick note to say hi this morning and then I have to get moving so I am ready for my ride to the airport.  DBIL Mitch is providing transportation this morning.  

@superoma  Happy Birthday to your DH

Birthdaymen.jpg.ea352885816b164e9f90a8984bbdf2bb.jpg

@grapau27 @Paw13  Happy Anniversary to Graham and Pauline!

Anniversary.jpg.215d9aa9678c316c3dfc9b734703b9a8.jpg

Bon Voyage to @Lady Hudson

I'm getting my onion soup in Quebec on August 30th.  Can't wait!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@grapau27 Graham  and @Paw13  Pauline, a very Happy Anniversary to you!

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Rich! My lovely morning has been overtaken by a huge bank of clouds that rolled in about 10 minutes ago. Yesterday was gross, though at least I got some pool time & paver cleaning in. 

Vanessa, hope the maneuver helps with the light headedness, too. Maybe that is a sign that the dizziness is on its way out. Like a last hurrah!

Manicure, Bindi walks, rug cleaning, more paver cleaning, a visit to a second  continuous care retirement community- this one is really close. But I suspect the one I visited last week set the bar with its location.Maybe some pool time. 

IMG_3314.jpeg.5d37e9bd3f1556880f987492549f78aa.jpeg

IMG_3217.jpeg.89dd72ba470b188fde52fb745cd5d947.jpeg

P.S. These come in red, white & rosé.

IMG_3312.jpeg.ddc62cc480f85dd1b359638701ab15c8.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support.  Praying that Tana’s feistiness factor is a 10 of 10 today. Praying that Terry has an uneventful day. Prayers for Melisa, Pat & Ann, Chuck & Annie, Bonnie, @NextOne, Tony, Terri & Jim and Jacqui. Prayers for all the caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Happy Anniversary Graham & Pauline! 🥂 here’s to many more!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Silver Beach Sauvignon Blanc

This New Zealand SB is loved by thousands of consumers. Many talk about sipping it on a hot summer day. I can almost taste it! Oddly, I could not find any vintage info - so you get to pick. It is easy to find and is certainly priced to try. Online prices start at $10.99.

Distributor notes

When the first growers planted grapes in Marlborough in the 1970s (there is evidence of plantings as early as 1870s), it is unlikely they would have foreseen the extent of the growth and fame that the region’s wine industry would achieve, based upon a single varietal called Sauvignon Blanc. The distinctive pungency and zest fruit flavours of the first Marlborough wines, in particular Sauvignon Blanc, captured the imagination of the country's winemakers as well as international wine commentators and consumers and sparked an unparalleled boom in vineyard development. Worldwide interest in Marlborough wines, particularly Sauvignon Blanc, has continued to fuel that regional wine boom.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@grapau27  A very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND PAULINE!

IMG_1179.jpeg

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Happy Anniversary!!! May sure you add a lighted candle to your anniversary meal!

IMG_2101.thumb.png.cd8a451776f8dd88f9d5f1323887afd8.png

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@grapau27 and @Paw13  Pauline and Graham I hope you have a wonder 43rd anniversary.

happyanniversary.jpg.2e6663bebf0b91f8373efe733a92460c.jpg

Lenda

1 hour ago, doobieb said:

Debbie

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  I wonder if there is a peach bao that could be dessert?  I’ll celebrate surgical oncologists who try to make people’s lives better.

I like the quote, life is what we make of it.  All of us here make it a little bit happier for ourselves and others.

I like the meal suggestion a lot but will pass on the drink.

I have not been to today’s port.

Prayers for the folks on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today.  Safe travels to Boston @dfish and @Sharon in AZ.  Happy anniversary to @grapau27 and Pauline🥂

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. It’s a beautiful cool morning here in Upper Michigan. Our long travel day went well and we arrived on time. Had a delicious dinner and was watching the Detroit Lions ball game with B-In-Law and woke up this morning in their recliner. Nothing beats a long recliner nap. Now enjoying a freshly ground coffee overlooking their yard hoping for a deer sighting. Had several deer sightings yesterday during our drive from Travers City.

@grapau27Happy Anniversary 

@superomaHappy Birthday

Have a great day and thanks for the reports a fellow post. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.d70a0d5db3d60260801dde799f0812cc.jpegimage.jpeg.f1845f4ecd9f8f50a22e5f901323eb13.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.da07675f1870fe7d21b4fecd853df940.jpeg

43 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@grapau27 and @Paw13  Have a wonderful Day!

love_cats_happy_wedding_anniversary_gree

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

This morning I went back to bed after posting, to wait for Ren's "get up" time.  I obviously was still asleep when I welcomed home Katherine @Lady Hudson.  What I should have said was Bon Voyage!!!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

And for my friends Graham @grapau27 and Pauline @Paw13

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

29 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, EVA, Ann and Dixie for the FR&D   I like all 3 of today’s days..   Special prayers for Ann, Pat Melissa, Chuck, Annie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.

Bon Voyuage Kathleen; you have a great day for sailaway in Baltimore..  Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline.  Happy Birthday to Eva’s DH..

The Smiles quote makes me smile.

I visited Rotterdam in 2011 arriving on Rotterdam 6 and staying overnight on Rotterdam 5.  Here’s Rotterdam 6 leaving..

byems6c.jpg

Two great days in history.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My Alternative is Chilled Apple Vichyssoise, Orange-Ginger Pork, and Tiramisu as served on MS Veendam August 22. 2013

My one day this week with no specific obligations although I will be at the fire house this afternoon.

Roy

Pauline and I thank you all so much for your lovely anniversary wishes.

Screenshot_20240822_101426.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. I stayed up late and then could not sleep. I finally fell asleep around four and slept until six thirty. It is a crisp cool morning and going to seventy later.

I have not been to Rotterdam and would love French onion soup. The recipes look good, thanks to Eva @superoma. And a very Happy Birthday toDH!

@Vict0riann., I was so sorry to read about Pat’s illness . I hope he starts to feel better soon. Pneumonia is serious. I hope you and DD are doing ok.

@Haljo1935, Elizabeth, so sorry to read of your kitty’s illness. Our NYC water is lovely(really) and our cats turned their noses up at the cat water too.i hope she is feeling better soon.

@kazu, I was very sorry to read about your ongoing vascular issues but hope the surgeon has a way forward. I can relate to the tears. I was glad to sell our previous home but found myself overwhelmed with emotion when it came to actually leaving. There were so many family and pet memories from the 35 years we were there. I am happy to say that things worked out for the best by moving next door to DD and DSIL. New memories!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@TiogaCruiserthanks for sharing the egg station.  We never could find fresh eggs on the Eurodam but the Volendam had that on the GSA.  I hope it isn't just Volendam specific.  

@superoma happy birthday to your DH!  🎂

There were fresh eggs on the K for our 35 day cruise in 2023.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

We had a lovely meal last night.

Pauline made 2 salad boxes up and we went to the beach to eat them.

She has a hairdresser appointment this afternoon.

17243328141073419774996869309846.jpg

Where’s the candle?

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Good morning Dailyites 

Happy Anniversary to my dear friends Graham and Pauline! I love your wedding pictures, such a handsome man and beautiful bride!

Prayers have been lifted for everyone on Vanessa's well constructed cares list. 

Look at all the cruisers!! Bon Voyage to my dear friends Sharon, Debbie and Sue!

I love, love French onion soup. The absolute best is downtown Georgetown at Wildfire. Thank you @superoma for the recipes, and Happy Birthday to your DH.

My sweet sister called me! She's very groggy and is in a little bit of pain. She tolerates pain well, as do I. She said she feels like the inside of a burrito..

I took our luggage to UPS yesterday and got a notification from Luggage Forward they are on their way to Seattle. Kinda funny.. I had everything checked off my packing list except panties... yep, I will carry them in my carry on bag. Glad I caught that!!

Tonight is Game Girls night. I am making guacamole and 2 salsas, and store bought taquitos. 

Wishing you a blessed day!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!   I do enjoy peaches and Bao as well.  I hope never to have to require the services of a surgical oncologist, but respect the work they do.  A number of years ago we did what I call the Rotterdam tri-fecta:  sailed out of Rotterdam on the Rotterdam VI, and returned to Rotterdam.  Such a great place!   

It's a cool, sunny morning out there for us with a predicted high of 26 (78) which will be quite comfortable.  As we drove around a different part of the city yesterday we noticed some leaves taking on a different hue . . . sigh.  It seems to be starting early this year.  Last evening there was a storm that went around our city (we seem to be in a bubble that makes storms go north and south of us), but it lambasted some areas with hail and very strong winds.  That won't do well for the crops that are already being harvested; I'm sure there will be reports of damage on the radio news toady.

What a treat it is having a couple of twenty somethings in the house - our friends grandchildren arrived yesterday afternoon and are just a delight.  They both have such varied interests and careers - she (the older) is a cardiac care nurse, and he is in the construction industry.  We had a few hours together before they went off to the concert and will take them for breakfast this morning before they leave for home.

Prayers given for @Heartgrove's DSIL, @NextOne, @Seasick Sailor's sister Bonnie, @Vict0riann's DH Pat, and for @HAL Sailer.

Safe travels to @dfish and @Sharon in AZ as you both make your way to Boston.

Bon Voyage @Lady Hudson; enjoy your cruise!

Happy 43rd Anniversary to @grapau27 and the lovely Pauline.

@kazuI'm sure there are so many emotions you're dealing with right now, but I'm glad you didn't have trouble selling your house; now you can look forward to new friends and new experiences with Ivan by your side.

I've had and enjoyed the drink of the day (either chilled from the fridge or over ice), will pass on the wine, and enjoy French onion soup if someone else makes it.  This evening we're taking our friend Ollie out for dinner as a thank you for taking care of Sochi while we were at the lake.  She's chosen a little Greek restaurant not that far from here where I know there's Avgolemono soup for her, lemon roasted potatoes for DH and chicken frajolaki for me on the menu.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to everyone with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3