The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 9th, 2024

Happy Monday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly and sunny this morning. Fancy is not a big fan of the cold. She runs out, does her bathrooming, and demands to be let back in seconds later. 

Today is full of grading assignments and a rather large meeting that will last a few hours. Oh well. 30 days to go. Yay. I should be able to check in for the cruise next Wednesday. Hopefully no Air Canada pilot strike. 

Happy Anniversary to @marshhawk!

happy anniversary cats - Google Search Work Anniversary Quotes, Happy ...

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

10 Funny Monday Morning Faces

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!  

It looks like a beautiful day here in mid-Michigan with mostly sunny skies and a high of 80.  We will be flirting with 90 by the weekend.  I have a follow up dental appointment today.  Sue is going with me and I will ask if she can come back with me since she "understands dental issues and will be able to explain to me in my own home."  We'll see how this goes.  She said she saw no reason to recommend a deep cleaning and that I did not have gum disease.  

@marshhawk and @catmando  I hope you have a fabulous day!  

Anniversary.jpg.5d1a196553fd174fda12542db8dcf28d.jpg

Today's meal sounds good to me and I would have liked it on Saturday as it was quite chilly here. The high only got to 60.  The first recipe comes from Eating Well and basically just jazzes up canned black bean soup.  Loaded Black Bean Nacho Soup

blackbeannachosoup1.png.e839e79820383c0ec3296d1a58adbb24.png

This next one is made from scratch and perfect for your vegetarian/vegan family and friends.  Vegan Tortilla Soup

blackbeannachosoup2.thumb.jpg.b8b306c477e039d85770df7d215d4f4a.jpg

This next one is Texas style!  Texas Spicy Black Bean Chowder

blackbeannachosoup3.png.856f4925e387a34e61a579fe2f826536.png

Hoping things go well today for @rafinmd Roy.  

@smitty34877 I hope you get answers for your hip issues.  May Tana regain her feistiness.  

I am hoping @kazu drops in to let us know how she's doing whether it be good or not so good.

Thinking of Joy's @Seasick Sailor sister Bonnie as she undergoes surgery today.

Warm healing thoughts to everyone else who needs them today.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 13

Good morning from a clear and chilly central Texas.  It is 54F, which is very cool for this time of year.  We have a 3mph wind from the north, 82% humidity and a dew point of 49F.  Our predicted high is 86F late this afternoon.  This morning I need to stop by the bank and give them the change of address.  That is something they will not do on the phone, and is not an option on line.  I also need to mail a letter at the Post Office since it's time sensitive.  Then, it will be back to changing our address with more places.

It does seem strange to have Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Awareness beside two days honoring alcohol.  Fetal alcohol disorders can affect babies their entire lives.  We enjoy boxed wine.  I doubt I'll see a priest today to buy him beer.

The Josh Billings quote is probably true, but it's a little early to really think about the quote.

The black been soup sounds interesting, and the recipes Debbie @dfish found for us to try look good, especially the second and third ones.  We'll skip the drink, but would love to taste the wine -- if someone else is buying.  My $15 boxed cabernet sauvignon from Costco is just fine for us.

We visited Jeju City in 2002 on Volendam's APEC cruise.  It's an interesting island off the southern tip of South Korea.

It was a good day in our history in 1776 when the Continental Congress changed the United Colonies to The United States of America.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope Bonnie's surgery today goes well, and that they can get all the cancerous nodes removed.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I hope the antibiotics can clear Nick's UTI and knee infections.  I also hope the Heparin is clearing the blood clot.

@seagarsmoker  Best wishes for Suzi today that the colonoscopy is clear and the endoscopy takes care of the places that are bleeding. 

@dobiemom  Yikes, it seems like California is getting hit with everything at once.  I hope they can get the Line Fire contained.

@smitty34877  Terri, I'm glad your DB is able to stay a few more days to lend a hand.  I hope Tana can find her feistiness again.  I'm sorry she is having a difficult time now. 

@Heartgrove  Jack, I hope you can get rid of the wasp nest without getting stung.

454733187_419702941215924_1445298688509883756_n.jpg.07f93ae7f25bd0ace4b8fd4bb9704fef.jpg

458160797_475778791955691_8028681050557795158_n.jpg.d18a3f1f60efca8987b19267375c098b.jpg

458282362_501552829282664_2373810902135049279_n.jpg.38dc98a64fc3a54e2cb389e6d504e794.jpg

458300393_122175583424046691_7212756098753853366_n.jpg.77a292aedd72704c60d6e2629f8b1739.jpg

458791165_122151072698259108_5022988901972034976_n.jpg.d09968b9257aa9a27495f5e11d581329.jpg

We actually saw a real one a couple of weeks ago, and it is weird looking.

458512340_935420561959760_7205740631388621098_n.jpg.c4f3562c79dde33dafb79edc792ee6c9.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 11

On October 10, 2002, on the Asia Pacific Explorer Cruise on Volendam, we visited Cheju City.  After walking around town, we decided to rent a car and explore the island.  However, that is when we found an international driver's license was required in South Korea.  With the help of the doorman at a hotel, we hired a taxi for a tour.

This is the scene that greeted us upon arrival.

IMG_1085.thumb.JPG.6e63d395a59d274d39615721daecf393.JPG

IMG_1087.thumb.JPG.dbe8e767515848f2710ba47c279708e0.JPG

Scenes from our walk around Cheju City.  It was a nice, clean town to walk around.

IMG_1088.thumb.JPG.8ee99d6f70717f9626998a9578ab869f.JPG

IMG_1089.thumb.JPG.8b12f22d3abd3a997840b5cfdd6517a4.JPG

IMG_1091.thumb.JPG.d49e16aac2227fe3b5546d6807e91803.JPG

IMG_1092.thumb.JPG.0bf7265525d93c54231ddae392fccc84.JPG

IMG_1093.thumb.JPG.5f5d301c86c974879dcaceebe8771040.JPG

We stopped at two major attractions our tour of the island.  The first was Songbook Theme Park.  It has more than 100 miniature buildings, etc., from 30 countries around the world.  This picture shows several of the miniatures.  You will find the US Capitol, the White House, the Great Wall, the Forbidden City and many more famous places there.
IMG_1104.thumb.JPG.4649a1bbdfb5e0d5a8fb3a1e5a8e8378.JPG

The view back toward town and the port.  You can barely see the Volendam on the left, but you can see the air we were breathing.

IMG_1137.thumb.JPG.5c29da08b3a8c3ed2554e955f2a788fb.JPG

A look at the coastline

IMG_1124.thumb.JPG.92979160b1fe70545bc2b5e2aea72b2b.JPG

We also stopped at the Jeju World Cup Stadium where preliminary rounds for the  World Cup were held.  That year Japan and South Korea each hosted some of the preliminary rounds, and the finals were in Japan.

IMG_1139.thumb.JPG.6ca944d4182d579fa0e0003ddd53d615.JPG

IMG_1143.thumb.JPG.e656e4f303fcb03d175c6f9b86251869.JPG

IMG_1149.thumb.JPG.23215fec7c216e7e2673d27eeb70517d.JPG

IMG_1152.thumb.JPG.67db7fda8663c10e5c40ec31f160ccc9.JPG

The view looking from the stadium

IMG_1155.thumb.JPG.3ac94d6db73681e16acaa9db5ac4fa96.JPG

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

Happy Anniversary Annie @marshhawk & Chuck @catmando!!  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers & Dennis, Happy Belated Anniversary wishes.  Sorry, I wasn’t able to post on your actual Anniversary.

Saturday was a long day of traveling home, across the country from Boston. It was very nice to be home but gosh do I miss being pampered by all the crew. The Zuiderdam has such friendly staff and crew. My delightful cabin stewards were always popping in and out of other cabins to talk to me.  Even the immigration process on Friday went smoothly, although the agents were grumpy. Debbie @dfish & Sue are a delight to sail with, and I enjoyed meeting Jake @Crazy For Cats & Juan. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Beautiful weather week in north New Jersey! Hoping to go kayaking Friday… grandkids have our boats in their garage so we’ll drive up to their place and see if we can make that happen. I’m excited!  It’s one thing I miss from our Maryland “stopover,” having our boats at the lake half-hour away. 

I used to really like black bean soup with lots of goodies in it! Yum!  The drink sounds good to me and I think I have the ingredients!  Not likely to see any priests!  Every Ladies Room in our Continuing Care Retirement Community has a notice about alcohol and pregnancy 🧐. Raising awareness is important. 

@HeartgroveJack, I hope you can stay safe. DH had multiple stings getting a nest dealt with then became sensitized and allergic to subsequent stings… please don’t be alone in case you have a reaction. 

Extra blessings for Bonnie and Roy and Nick!  
And Annie and Chuck, Happy Anniversary! 💞🎈🎉

Blessings for all in need of healing, comfort or hope!  All in harm’s way! 
🎉 Cheers for those celebrating! You remind us that Life is Good🌈
Smooth travels to all away! @Cruzin TerriHoping your trip to Savannah is uneventful both on the road and for Jim at home. 

@smitty34877 I keep thinking there’s gotta be a program available to Tana and you for support!  Praying you find a breakthrough for relief, respite, help…. there’s gotta be a social worker somewhere who can guide you. Glad your DB is there now and you can get a bit of a chance to care for yourself. Praying for Amazing! 

Wishing @kazu Jacqui a good day! And all of our Daily family too! Thank you all for being here. 

Maureen 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

@HeartgroveJack, I hope you can stay safe. DH had multiple stings getting a nest dealt with then became sensitized and allergic to subsequent stings… please don’t be alone in case you have a reaction. 

Wishing @kazu Jacqui a good day! And all of our Daily family too! Thank you all for being here. 

Maureen 

Thanks, Maureen. That is exactly what I am afraid of. Back in Maryland we had an exterminator because our house was in a heavily wooded area. He suggested that after my episode I might want to get an epipen just in case.

- Jack

• Like 25

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  DH had a few students with FASD in his classes over the years - most of them had assistance with their learning.  Yay for Cardboardeaux!!!  We had a couple of friends who were priests and they would often drop by for a beer.  Sadly, they are no longer with us, so we're imagining them having happy hour in the sky.

It's a beautiful day out there for us again today with a predicted high of 32(89), so sunscreen will be the order of the day if we're planning on doing any yard work.  There shouldn't be anything to do really, except watering the outdoor plants to keep them going as long as possible.

We had a great time at yesterday's "deck opening".  It was built off the garage in the back yard and was really more like a stage for musicians.  And that's what it was filled with, musicians played almost continuously from 4:15 to 8:00PM.  What a talented bunch of people with amazing voices and musical abilities. DH got up for 1 piece when his band played and got a great round of applause, likely because he was the oldest one to perform.  He told me that was going to be his last "public performance".  LOL    We also have a wasp problem here at this time of year and I was the unlucky one who got stung yesterday evening.  This morning it looks like a hickey!  😆

@marshhawkwishing you and Chuck a very Happy Anniversary; I hope between his infusion and other things, you'll have an enjoyable day together.

@seagarsmokersending best wishes for Suzi's procedures today.

@Seasick Sailorfervent prayers coming Bonnie's way for her surgery and for her surgical team to help remove all the cancer in her body.

@smitty34877I'm glad your DB is able to stay behind to help with Tana; it's a great relief knowing you've got someone else to assist with her care.

Not much happening here, will go to cardiac rehab program, then this afternoon I've got a dental cleaning.  Thankfully my hygienist isn't pushy like @dfish's is, and does a great job each time without issues.  

I'm going to pass on the drink(bourbon), would like the wine, but oh my, the $$$$!  Will also pass on the soup as I'm pretty sure DH wouldn't care for it at all.  We're going to stop on the way back from cardiac rehab to pick up a couple of chicken Caesar salads that we can enjoy for dinner on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Prayers for all in need.

Nice weather here.  I actually like it when I need to turn on the gas fireplace for a bit in the morning to warm us up.  Autumn is my thing.

Busy day - lots of cleaning to do.  Best wishes to Roy for a speedy recovery.  Katherine 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites from the beautiful Westerdam. 

It is a sea day. We are being lazy and enjoying coffee and news before heading up to breakfast. 

Thanks so much for prayers for Bonnie. She warned me it will be a late day for her before she gets home, so not to worry. My niece will text as soon as she knows something. 

Prayers for Roy. I hope he is in and out of rehab quickly. We need him here!

Happy Anniversary Annie and Chuck!

Wishing you all a Blessed day.

BTW.. I wonder where Waldo and Graham are off to?? 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Good Morning,

Today and tomorrow might be the last 70+ days of the season, the long range forecast is looking very fall like which isn't a problem for me, but sun worshippers might need to head south. Air quality has improved after several days of smoke/haze, but the red sun/moon have been spectacular.  

Currently waiting on the Apple event to start to see the new phones, as some of you know I'm a bit of a techy.  

Today's Forecast Monday Sept 9, 2024 (Washington State)

Advisories: red flag warning (fire danger) from Spokane to the Blue Mountains.

Seattle Metro/I-5 Corridor: low 70's, cloudy

Cascade Mountains/Passes: upper 60's, cloudy

Eastern Washington/High Deserts: low 90's, partly cloudy

Coast/Olympic Peninsula/101: 60's, cloudy

Strait of Juan De Fuca/Islands: 60's, cloudy

Enjoy your cruises!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, Dailyites!   Happy Anniversary, Annie and Chuck, @marshhawk, prayers for Roy, Tana, Bonnie, Suzi, and everyone else needing them.

Every day, I read the Fleet Report, waiting for the day I'll be able to say "I've been to every single port on the list today", and it never happens!  But interesting today that two ships are in Portland, but in different countries.  I don't know about the meal, we are not really inclined to be vegetarians, but we may have to change our ways, if what I read about this heart surgery is true, Gerry, have you had to change to a mainly vegetarian or fishy diet?  We are going to Costco today, and I will certainly buy more fish than usual, and I won't buy any beef....  Pat can change to a non-dairy butter, but he does love cream on his porridge in the mornings!  

We are still smoky here, thanks to Washington state sending up their residue, but it is cooling off.  Yesterday morning the sky was orange but today I can see a little bit of bluishness.  Fall is in the air!  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Aloha! Waking up to another day in Paradise. Haven’t seen the weather report but should be a nice day. Here in the South Shore of Kauai they’re experiencing a drought. The recent tropical storm missed Kauai. I see there is a storm brewing in the Gulf. Looks like it will be well West of our home.

Last night we had a fantastic dinner with two tomahawk steaks. I think we could have got by with one. We did a reverse char, Cooked in the oven at low temp. then seared them on a hot grill.

Today kids are going on a hike and our plan is to read and enjoy the view. Last night’s sunset was subdued by clouds but was still pretty.

Anniversary wishes for @marshhawk and @catmando

Have a great day everyone, B.

image.thumb.jpeg.a6174d2b1f3852b4bb9f280dafcf5ced.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ff7a771443c4ba011778a9b95853b8b6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.11c6cb2d89251bf9a430b7b7ba0fc805.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 11

Good morning all from a drizzly, cloudy PNW.

No smoke here, I'm sorry @Vict0riann is getting some from WA state.  It seems like every year we trade smoke one way or the other.  Last year was especially bad.

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today, and have not been to Korea.

Happy anniversary Annie and Chuck @marshhawk!

Jack @Heartgrove Please be careful and I do think it would be smart to get an epipen.  After getting stung 6 times one day I learned that I'm allergic to all bee stings but especially wasps.  I carry an epipen at all times now.

I was planning on putting down more stain on the deck today, but the rain came 2 days early...why I never count on the forecasts here 😉  Hopefully it will clear up later today and I can do it then.  At least I was able to get the parts done that DH sanded before it rained.

I hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2